Collingwood Fans......

wolvesjr34 said:
If tonight's game is anything to go on... Collingwood are no chance for the flag.

A 40 odd point win over Hawthorn who were hardly sighted in the first half is pathetic. Being out scored by Hawthorn in the second half, should not happen if Collingwood is top 4 material.

We deserved to lose, and thus we did, however they had no chance to win when in the first quarter and a bit the Pies received 4 gift goals from pathetic umpiring decisions..... say what you want, but the fact is.... when ya playing 25 men its mighty hard to get any enthusiasm up.

Collingwood with that help (first half) should have had a bigger win. But then when the umpriing was more reasonable in the second half, Collingwood were outscored by the team at 14 on the ladder.

Some good individual performances from the pies and a solid win in the overall scheme of things, but by no means impressive.

Also if Ben Johnson isn't suspended for negligent high contact made with enough force to concuss Croad (Johnson had no eyes for the ball, but I don't believe it was intentional either, just sloppy), then the AFL really is setting the Pies up for a top 4 finish by helping all they can.

And before anyone says I am just bitter, it's not just that... I know my team is a couple years away from even being in finals contention... I just thought I would give my opinion on that Collingwood performance, cos there was more to say about that, than Hawthorns performance. Only bloke who played a solid 4 quarters was Browny, wouldn't ya love him in ya team? a Bloody tough nut he is!

So yeah Collignowod have the easy run home, but they'll get knocked out before the Grand Final if they have to face any other top 4 side before the GF.... might be able to pinch a spot from the Eagles tho, which will leave the Eagles vulnerable, and Adelaide ome and hosed.

I think the only soft decisions where made in the Hawthorn players heads, they always give away stupid free kicks, they try to be hard at the player (most likely due to their lack of skill) and not the ball (with expection of maybe 2 or 3 players). Hawthorn was flooding within the first 5 mins of the game and continued to flood to the end the only thing that did to the game was bring Collingwood all the way down to Hawthorns level. With that game plan set in stone how can they expect to win games, just pathetic coaching and Hawthorn signed Clarkson up to coach for a couple of more years thats just plain sad. Why Hawthorn keeps putting Dawson in the back line to get slaughtered week in week out i do not know, he is young kid playing on monsters and it wouldn't be doing his confidence much good. Clarkeson needs to eat humble pie and drop Dawson back to the VFL where he can gain some experience and learn how to play in the back line and get some confidence back. Collingwood Kicked very poorly last night and in the end the score board flattered Hawthorn. The Pies should have won by 70 plus points.

white_chocolate_55 said:
I think your just saying that because your hawthorn.. and that you gotta spanking by the pies.. and the fact that half the collingwood team pull out of marking comps because they hear footsteps...

please name half the Collingwood team that pulls out of marking contests, would be very interested to hear who they are, especially coming from someone that goes to Collingwood matches everyweek. Or are you just basing that opinion on one contest you saw last night, which i dare say you are.

My comments from last nights game.

"It's hard to soar like an eagle (magpie) when you are surrounded by turkeys (hawks)"

Yes the Hawks managed to bring the mighty Pies down to their level.

Have you heard of the term 'junk time' when the losing opposition manage to kick some goals when the game is over. Well junk time started at half time last night.

Go Pies

matm said:
My comments from last nights game.

"It's hard to soar like an eagle (magpie) when you are surrounded by turkeys (hawks)"

Yes the Hawks managed to bring the mighty Pies down to their level.

Have you heard of the term 'junk time' when the losing opposition manage to kick some goals when the game is over. Well junk time started at half time last night.

Go Pies

100% agreed

Not bagging the hawks or anything they are developing, but the pies had no need to go 100% the whole game

thats like saying "oh we might just rest buckley cos we're good enough to".. absoloute rubbish.. like essendon in 2000/2001 - oh we just took our foot of the peddle.. and let hawthorn back into the prelim final because we where saving our players for the big one.. absoloute rubbish :p hawks are a bad side, should have put them away.. and malthouse knows it.. even you pie fans know it.. (Not that its a big deal if you put away the hawks or not.. you've already been measured against quality sides excluding the hakws...)

updated with end of round 17 ladders

collingwood AVG losing 32.7 pts

collingwood avg win 45.8 pts

are they really genuine contenders? The only teams of serious note they've defeated are WC, WB,

don't get me wrong i think they are doing well and are in 5th position (MUch better than my team!) any team in 5th spot must be doing OK.

The really good thing for Collingwood is they have a great run home.....

Adelaide (away) - 1st
Essendon (MCG) - 15th
Port (away) - 12th
Carlton (mcg) - 16th
kangaroos (mcg) - 13th

I have this big concern with them -
Ability to beat the top 8, Next week against adelaide in adelaide will be a big test for them. On the current top 8 they've only defeated Western Bulldogs and West Coast. Both comfortable mid 30 point wins. (and i'm sure some would argue a depleted WC with no Cox, Gardiner, Cousins i'm sure Coll. were probably missing some too.)

In comparison the losses to the other 6 top 8 sides are by an average of 39 points

FINALS - On current positions Collingwood will play the elimination final against Freemantle @ MCG in the first week. If they lost OUT, if they won they would play the loser of Adel vs St. Kilda away

PS. West Coast pumping Adelaide by 60

andrew3134 said:
I think the only soft decisions where made in the Hawthorn players heads, they always give away stupid free kicks, they try to be hard at the player (most likely due to their lack of skill) and not the ball (with expection of maybe 2 or 3 players).

I didn't see the game so I can't comment on the umpiring or standard of decisions by both player or umpire.

but even today's paper were complaining about a couple of decisions paid by one umpire against the Hawks. Including a 50m penalty that resulted in a COLL goal.

andrew3134 said:
please name half the Collingwood team that pulls out of marking contests, would be very interested to hear who they are, especially coming from someone that goes to Collingwood matches everyweek. Or are you just basing that opinion on one contest you saw last night, which i dare say you are.

Who says I go every week? Why would I? Even if I lived in melbourne why would I waste my quality watching the grass grow time?

WC. Well your the one that made the comment that half the Collingwood team pull out of marking comps because they hear footsteps, just thought you might have been able to back your comments up, but obviously you can't.

Billy i will be the 1st to agree that there where some very poor umpiring decisions last night, but had nothing to do with the out come of the game.

white_chocolate_55 said:
your clearly bias.. but hey so am I.. I still think my bombers are a good team..

Only 14 minutes in the last 1/4 left and they are ahead of Brisbane.........can't believe I am saying this - GO BOMBERS !

did anyone else hear about tazza and johnson being suspended and fined by the club for getting in a brawl on the weekend? :lol:

good decision that both of them are playing this week, if i was a collingwood man (if i was id shoot myself) id be pretty pissed if they were dropped, no need to ruin the structure of a club for one indiscretion. Having said that if i was on $300000 i wouldnt be on the juice at 3am leading up to the finals hahahahah (i would be but id do it at home crackin open expensive boxes)

Back
Top Bottom