Check out this absolutely disgusting card I pulled out of a $350 4 Card Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpiderFan

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Charles
Me and my bro went halves in a $350 box which comes with 4 cards. The quality speaks for itself with the chip on the top and deep scratch on the jumper. Kyrie doesn't play for Boston anymore and it looks like the photo was taken by some paparazzi stalking him of the way out of a supermarket while he's eating an apple whilst in mid thought about something that has been disturbing him. I've posted the other contents of the box, I called the re-packers and am sending it back for a refund. Before the refund was granted I was fuming, we were excited to get it but now we probably won't ever shop there again.

20191219_103507.jpg

20191219_103554.jpg

Last edited:
Apt description of the Noir card. That's not a basketball card imo. But that's on Panini. I know a lot of folk like Noir but it's just more overpriced crap imo.

That the re-packers threw in an obviously damaged card is BS. Here's a question to you my friend : why would you pay $350 for a re-bundled product put together using the same business model as the manufacturers, i.e. 2 out of 10 boxes might be good, 2 might be ok and the other 6 stink - and those are second hand ungraded cards.

Add $200 to your $350 and you have a brand new box of Panini Prizm Hobby. Surely a better bet.

The KD card is cool but the other 3 are junk.

Thankfully you got refunded. Lot of cowboys out there.

Last edited:
Long time QC issues with Panini on some high end products prone to chipping etc.
If it’s a repackaging product then I think that card should be replaced since the issues were missed but refund for the whole box cost? Probably not on them, it’s like ringing up Panini and asking for a refund after opening a box of NT saying it was not worth it.

Me and my bro went halves in a $350 box which comes with 4 cards. The quality speaks for itself with the chip on the top and deep scratch on the jumper. Kyrie doesn't play for Boston anymore and it looks like the photo was taken by some paparazzi stalking him of the way out of a supermarket while he's eating an apple whilst in mid thought about something that has been disturbing him. I've posted the other contents of the box, I called the re-packers and am sending it back for a refund. Before the refund was granted I was fuming, we were excited to get it but now we probably won't ever shop there again.

20191219_103507.jpg

20191219_103554.jpg

So this was a repack product that you purchased? Not a factory sealed box of Panini Noir?

Why would you pay $350 for a re-bundled product put together using the same business model as the manufacturers

False advertising is why, it was originally advertised as a this is going to sell out quick xmas special, they listed roughly 10 amazing hits and made it read like it was limited to 40 sales (zion rookie auto, Luka auto, Jordan Auto, Lebron Auto, Kobe signed Jersey... ect) I then discovered it was 40 cases, with 4 boxes per case, so it went from a 1 in 40 chance to 1 in 160 of getting the hits. I called them and advised them of this, they then got the description updated but in my mind i felt i had something to fall back on in the case i got junk. I got the first box and it was a great box, some amazing hits so we got another and we were ok if we got some average cards since the first box was really good but yeah I won't cop a damaged card.

Last edited:
What do you mean "we probably won't ever shop there again". You're saying there's a chance you might?
They refunded it, at this point I won't but if they were to offer me something to make up for it then they I could stay. I didn't want to put a firm statement on it.

So this was a repack product that you purchased? Not a factory sealed box of Panini Noir?
Correct, I've heard some of Noir cards can come like that out of the pack but I won't cop that for a $350 + delivery costs repack especially considering the other crap (minus the kaboom card) in there.

Long time QC issues with Panini on some high end products prone to chipping etc.
If it’s a repackaging product then I think that card should be replaced since the issues were missed but refund for the whole box cost? Probably not on them, it’s like ringing up Panini and asking for a refund after opening a box of NT saying it was not worth it.

Australian laws + 30 day refund policy my friend :)

Australian laws + 30 day refund policy my friend :)

So in AUS you can open a product like this and if you're not happy with what is in there you can get a refund? Doesn't sound right..... but great if you did I guess. That Kyrie really is a trash card, regardless of even the damage. I'm not a fan of that fn guy lol

So in AUS you can open a product like this and if you're not happy with what is in there you can get a refund? Doesn't sound right..... but great if you did I guess. That Kyrie really is a trash card, regardless of even the damage. I'm not a fan of that fn guy lol

As long as there is a refund policy then yes, they didn't want to refund it originally. Yeah it's fucking terrible on different levels, i'm still trying to work out what's in his hand, it looks like an apple but it also looks hollow, maybe one of those dog toys you put their snacks in.

Last edited:
Update: I got a call regarding this post, and was asked what it'll take to make it up to me. I didn't want to say anything specific so I said it's up to you guys what you want to offer. They said they will send some loose Prizm hobby packs, I don't think that'll do but i appreciate the call and the gesture but also do feel I was called because it's a public post as I had raised some private concerns in the past and didn't hear back. It is what it is, i got my refund today.

False advertising is why, it was originally advertised as a this is going to sell out quick xmas special, they listed roughly 10 amazing hits and made it read like it was limited to 40 sales (zion rookie auto, Luka auto, Jordan Auto, Lebron Auto, Kobe signed Jersey... ect) I then discovered it was 40 cases, with 4 boxes per case, so it went from a 1 in 40 chance to 1 in 160 of getting the hits. I called them and advised them of this, they then got the description updated but in my mind i felt i had something to fall back on in the case i got junk. I got the first box and it was a great box, some amazing hits so we got another and we were ok if we got some average cards since the first box was really good but yeah I won't cop a damaged card.

But the whole hobby works like this: 50 % of consumers get screwed( to varying degrees), 20% get meh, 15% might break even, so that 5% can get an amazing box/case. That's the way it works, despite any promises to the contrary.

The only reason the hobby exists in its current format is because people are willing to gamble.

Last edited:

Yes, why would you want a 'basketball card' of a miserable c... looking like a miserable c....

That has to be one of the worst 'cards' ever made. And in a product that sells for plenty.

But the whole hobby works like this: 50 % of consumers get screwed( to varying degrees), 20% get meh, 15% might break even, so that 5% can get an amazing box/case. That's the way it works, despite any promises to the contrary.

The only reason the hobby exists in its current format is because people are willing to gamble.

There is a degree in gambling and as a consumer you are entitled to know the odds, the question asked to me earlier is why i did it and I answered false advertising to start with. The description originally was incorrect / misleading. It read like there was a 1 in 40 chance to get (zion hit, Jordan hit, luka hit...ect) I liked those odds, they were amazing odds and the product was advertised as a be quick these will sell out fast so I jumped on it. Later i worked out the content was misleading, there was a discussion on a facebook group about it where different people said they had the same understanding as me as it read only 40 cases with no mention of boxes per case. Being new to the hobby I assumed it was one of those suit case looking products where you unclip the case and you have 4 hits inside. I later saw they were running a case / 4 box break. I asked about this and was told there's 4 boxes per case and we are getting 1 box. So the odds went from the listed hits and a 1 in 40 chance in my mind (via the misleading content) to a 1 in 160 chance. I advised them of my concern and they updated the description. I had already purchased the product.

To answer your questions simply, I purchased the product thinking it was a quick fire you better jump on it product when in fact it wasn't.

nice work on the refund, but i dont really agree with your reasoning. pretty surprised they gave you one actually...100% agree on the kyrie tho.
have there been releases where a case doesnt contain boxes? i thought that was the definition of a case (within the hobby)? i dont really buy hi-end products, so im just wondering?

nice work on the refund, but i dont really agree with your reasoning. pretty surprised they gave you one actually...
have there been releases where a case doesnt contain boxes? i thought that was the definition of a case (within the hobby)? i dont really buy hi-end products, so im just wondering?

My reasoning is that i received a faulty card and that there is a refund policy, as there is a refund policy then I am entitled to return the product, If you purchase a laptop and when you open the packaging the laptop is smashed to bits you can return it, this is the same case there needs to be a standard otherwise they can just add in cards that have placed through a shredder.

I'm new to this so i couldn't answer regarding the question of if a case has been released without boxes in them, I do feel they should at the very least say how many boxes are in a case as they could vary from 2 to 50. My thinking at the time was one of those suitcase looking products.

50% + 20% + 15% + 5% = 90%

Good lord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom