Check out the nuggets score so far

i never said one was more exciting than the other....i was just confused by the point white_choc was trying to make?!?!

he doesn't explain himself very well and is very hard to understand some of his posts!!

what dont you understand?

the suns = exciting offense, not always by dunking, they are a high powered offensive machine that will shoot away if they cant get in the lane.. well they shoot first, dunk later

today the nuggets played suns style first half by the looks.. 2 inside baskets by 3qtr time.. what dont you understand?

edit: I mentioned the suns because it looked like the game denver was playing was suns style, nothing more nothing less.. then i said i think everyone in the league should develope the suns offence, which you didnt understand.. if the spurs did that like last years wcf they'd be unstopable cos they play both ends.. theres nothing wrong with a jump shooting team

i don't like the up and down no defence games

I like to see some contact and post play too

Big men backing in,bumping and powering then offence from there.

Look at the Sonics, they just goose up and down not worrying about defence and they are not that entertaining to watch anymore sadly..

JZA said:
some of the most exciting nba moments for me have been 3 pt shooting displays. jordan vs the blazers in 92 finals, millers 8pts in 8 seconds, Tmacs 13 pts in 30 seconds to win vs the spurs, the heartbreaking 3s from fisher, horry, paxson...im a pure shooter myself so i appreciate jumpers just as much as big alley oop slams and d-wade drives. i dont think one is more exciting than the other.

All valid arguments...but....you can see from that list that the only "shooting plays" that stay in our minds are the game winners/extrodinary individual efforts (ie reggies 8 point in 8 secs).

Some of the dunks that you see stay in your mind for a long time....eg. Gerald Greens dunk last week!!! or AI 2.0's dunk in the dunk contest.

I am not taking sides...all i am saying is that generally inside or fast break play is more exciting!!!

Oh and in regards to melo....did anyone see the game....who shut him down so badly??

hmm.. i love dunks as much as anyone, but i also love teams bombing from long range, mid range etc.. I love it, that shows more skill than just inside play, but im not at all saying dunks/layups aren't exciting, they are the main part of the game.. BUT!!! what about michael jordan.. fadeaways or jumpshots through the latter part of his career, wasnt that exciting to watch? reggie miller all game long with jumpers? not exciting? john starks from a ewing pass for 3 (at msg especially) man you gotta love it.. the suns make this an art.. gotta be leading the league in fg attempts and 3pfg attempts..

That's why basketball (NBA) is so great, there are so many things to like: dunks,3's, layups, blocks, steals the list goes on

Imagine watching a soccer game and every 50mins you get to say "goal"

Can't beat the NBA baby

jimboiitmac said:
Nuggs had a sweet game today.. GO MELO!

huh? nuggets played a great first half followed by a horrible second half and lost by 2 pts, not sweet at all really :confused:

Yeah.. suppose so, only saw some of the box score.. i usually check EVERY single game every day, this one wouldn't load proplery for me! Saw the quarter-by-quarter scores though, Denver were rolling. Carmelo is so underrated, he will be a force once he adds stronger passing/rebounding to his game, absolute offensive machine. He went from 20 ppg, to nearly 27 in one season.

I think its more of a case he was overrated too soon, then fell from grace, now he's fighting back, but noone really believes in him. I'd say he is underrated at the moment though.

Back
Top Bottom