Case Share/Group Buy/Set Share/Presale Approvals

easy way to fix this.. if u have a problem with case shares.. simply dont be apart of them. if u have trust in the people running the case share, dont complain

At some point I will be running Case Shares. As the Only Panini Direct Hobby shop in the country I am best placed to still make a couple of bucks and have the case(s) priced competitvely. As you can see from my price on Past and Present I stand by that.
More than likely Gold Standard will be my first one. (Just waiting on how many cases I will be allocated.)
I will announce this on my FaceBook Page so if you haven't liked it yet please do so. I will also be having monthly random FB members draws for stuff from my shop. As always I will donate a box of what ever current release that I have for Premium Member draws.
Get behind your local hobby shop, market guy etc. Lets grow the 'Industry' correctly. Support us so that we can support you as the collector!

Your points are extremely valid Graham, and very respected....
However I believe that is more of a pricing issue rather than a trading issue...

At some point I will be running Case Shares. As the Only Panini Direct Hobby shop in the country I am best placed to still make a couple of bucks and have the case(s) priced competitvely. As you can see from my price on Past and Present I stand by that.
More than likely Gold Standard will be my first one. (Just waiting on how many cases I will be allocated.)
I will announce this on my FaceBook Page so if you haven't liked it yet please do so. I will also be having monthly random FB members draws for stuff from my shop. As always I will donate a box of what ever current release that I have for Premium Member draws.
Get behind your local hobby shop, market guy etc. Lets grow the 'Industry' correctly. Support us so that we can support you as the collector!

:thumbsup:Awesome:thumbsup: Great to read!

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase let me know when you do a case share because I don't get on fb much!
Also, what is and how do I get into a 'Premium member Draw'?

The cheaper cost of a case share doesn't bother me.. I'm happy to pay retail price.. The knowledge that I'm not buying a box of searched cards from an eBay seller is worth the retail price in my opinion..

I wouldn't be interested in a new case share. If I wanted a case of the new cards. I'd contact Ming like I usually do. It's the older Cards I'm interested in. Classic. Power. They aren't so easy to come across. And soon. There won't be any sealed cases available - at a reasonable price.

I haven't seen a case bust as exciting as the classic one busted a few weeks back. We all sat and watched. And waited. Refresh button on overload.

That is what card collecting is about for me. The excitement. Case shares are a part of that. I never knew that excitement until I joined here. I never knew watching and waiting for someone else to open cards through a message board would float my boat like it does!!

In a case share there is the excitement. The waiting. Wondering who of all your ozcard friends will pull the sig (Dave!!!!).... Or will it be you???

The issue with boxes for NRL and AFL is that you have Cardzone with a monopoly on the market.

If i want to go buy a box of 2008 Centenary or 2011 Strike, Wang is the only person i can get them off - no one else has them for sale.

Its a pretty fundamental issue in the local industry. It would be great to call up Goldcoastcards or Redtorana to buy a box of whatever however Wang knows he has a monopoly and controls the case prices as such. It means the odds are stacked against the small sellers and its not worth it for them to be sitting on a ton of stock.

Whats the solution? Dunno. While i agree completely with Graham that we all need to support the industry to build it up and make it great again until the Wang monopoly is broken ots tough to see it happening in NRL and AFL world.

Perhaps ESP may change that next year however as yet they have not shown any willingness to connect with the people that will be lining their pockets in the near future.

Im a firm believer in case shares and have written as much in my magazine. The majority of boxes sold on ebay are searched and the average collector is being ripped off silly.

In saying that i call on one of the NRL or AFL sellers to step up to the plate and work something out with oct to get case shares going. No one will begrudge you making a dollar if we all have a fair crack at a case hit. At the end of the day its all we are after.

Its a huge opportunity to build your business and i hope someone see's that opportunity and steps up.

End rant.

The issue with boxes for NRL and AFL is that you have Cardzone with a monopoly on the market.

If i want to go buy a box of 2008 Centenary or 2011 Strike, Wang is the only person i can get them off - no one else has them for sale.

Its a pretty fundamental issue in the local industry. It would be great to call up Goldcoastcards or Redtorana to buy a box of whatever however Wang knows he has a monopoly and controls the case prices as such. It means the odds are stacked against the small sellers and its not worth it for them to be sitting on a ton of stock.

Whats the solution? Dunno. While i agree completely with Graham that we all need to support the industry to build it up and make it great again until the Wang monopoly is broken ots tough to see it happening in NRL and AFL world.

Perhaps ESP may change that next year however as yet they have not shown any willingness to connect with the people that will be lining their pockets in the near future.

Im a firm believer in case shares and have written as much in my magazine. The majority of boxes sold on ebay are searched and the average collector is being ripped off silly.

In saying that i call on one of the NRL or AFL sellers to step up to the plate and work something out with oct to get case shares going. No one will begrudge you making a dollar if we all have a fair crack at a case hit. At the end of the day its all we are after.

Its a huge opportunity to build your business and i hope someone see's that opportunity and steps up.

End rant.

Owen, I have no doubt we will be seeing case shares in the future. The way the card trading industry / community is going we are going to have to support those small businesses like Gold Coast Cards and Footy Fun Addicts in order to keep the supply to collectors at a reasonable price. I can understand why some small businesses do not sit on heaps of old stock when we the collector are not supporting them as much as we should.

For older stock I see no way out of our current situation with Steve Wang / Cardzone. As JHL he has the majority of stock, in fact some of the older product is not available wholesale anymore only retail thru Cardzone or Feebay, I think 2009 Classic falls into that category.

What I am more afraid of is that ESP will bring out a not so good product which will turn collectors away thus folding some small businesses. I know for a fact that if the ESP product is not well received I think 2012 Dynasty will be my last NRL series and I will concentrate wholy on non-sport.

We are in complete agreement.

I just bought my first non sport series (will post soon). I dont think we are the only ones going that way.

I have been reading this thread with great interest ....I would be happy to (as quoted) step up to the plate with the case share ( with the approval of Graham of course ) ......I will be speaking to him in the next couple of days about this ........
I would also be happy to do the boxes at cost + $10 + postage .....

The only thing I would ask in return would be a little more support from forum members in follow on card sales as I don`t make much on boxes ......

I have my dozen or so regulars who support me with each series as well as a few who purchase occasionally which I greatly appreciate, but as you can imagine without the support of more customers I won’t have the opportunately to expand the business and offer more in the way of donations, special offers and competitive pricing to forum members.

I don`t sell many boxes on this site ( around a dozen or so in the past 3 years ) and yes I can understand people don`t like to take the risk in buying boxes but there are members that will back this up when I say this ‘I don`t milk my cases’ it would ruin me as a small business to do this and I value my customer base far too much to do this .....

With the few boxes that I have sold to members from this site there have been a number of high end REDEMPTIONS pulled by very happy customers ......

Without the continued support of OZCARD members I will not be able to continue offering highly competitive pricing for card sales which in turn would make it harder to collect cards for a lot of people simply because there are not many small business that offer the service I do and without us card collecting would be harder and more costly .....

$10 is a touch light even...
You have to package it and send it... That time alone is worth more than $10!!
I'd be happy to pay the extra....

Back
Top Bottom