card shops in melbourne??

mattyj

Multi-Player Collector
Real Name
Matty
Hey Melbournians

Was just wondering what cards shops are around melbourne???

when i was last collecting i used to spend a lot of time at Rookies and Legends in Box HIll but that appears to have closed down....i know of Card Zone opposite the queen vic market...there used to be one near Glenferrie Trans Station is that still there???

any others you know of??

just coz i have to come down from Bendigo and i wanna know where im going so i dont waste time!!

any help much appreciated

Mat

theres another place in geelong which has a decent price. i think is called cardmania or something like that been there once and had a fair size shop as well.

theres also 1 in carribean market which is not bad as well worth checking out. ur best bet will be the carribean market stall.

Card Heaven in Glenferrie rd closed down when Steve sold his stake and they moved to Chapel st Windsor but are non sports now :-(

That box hill shop was quite good. :-(

Card shops have gone the way of the dinosaur and wont return here unless the hobby hits back to its 90's fame and even then in a way smaller way.

i used to be at Rookies and Legends in box hill every day....maybe with bogut in the league the hobby will take off again here :)

Even if it does, shops wont make a decent enough living with the internet.

Its sad to not be able to interact on a personal level like we used to but in no other time have we had such access to such an abundance of card range.

If you are after packs they are around but singles are mostly gone.

Card shops have gone the way of the dinosaur and wont return here unless the hobby hits back to its 90's fame and even then in a way smaller way.

The only way you'll see something similar to the "old days" is if someone sets up a distribution outlet/warehouse with a small retail presence out the front. We just don't have the market to sustain a shop based purely on retail sales here in Australia. You would need to have diversity....a bit like Chad's "Sportscard Cafe" (I like the name...I'm copyrighting it!!) concept for when he wins lotto!!!

Only a matter of time all stars. Each week brings me closer to opening. Those numbers can come up any time :)

LOL well winning the lotto is the only way the card shop posted will ever be open for buisiness ;-)

I'm going to try to get a ozcards lotto syndicate started here. If any are interested PM me.

i remember rookies and legend in box hill , der used be heaps of cards shops in melb after channel 10 stop showing the nba they all closed down. there is a card shop in the ringwood market

chadjaja® said:
LOL well winning the lotto is the only way the card shop posted will ever be open for buisiness ;-)

I'm going to try to get a ozcards lotto syndicate started here. If any are interested PM me.
chad i will be surely in :)

Back
Top Bottom