Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters

adz2332

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Adam
Just saw jeffersons mail day and his garded card from 'Card Grading Australia'

http://www.cardgradingaustralia.com/#!

Its the first time ive seen it and obviously never used them.
Looks great i must say, and the written report looks excellent.

What are peoples opinion on it?
Would you pay more to buy a card thats been graded my this company on say ebay etc?

20130321_170935.jpg

20130321_171032.jpg

20130321_171113.jpg

No chance. Good luck to these guys but from what i can see they have no actual grading qualifications and very limited experience in the area.
Unless is was graded by PSA, Becketts or SGC I dont really see the value add.

^^^ Owen have you spoken to Craig from CGA?

He has very good experience, he has been in the printing industry for 20+ years and collected trading cards for that amount of time as well.

No chance. Good luck to these guys but from what i can see they have no actual grading qualifications and very limited experience in the area.
Unless is was graded by PSA, Becketts or SGC I dont really see the value add.

I see what your saying. but buying cards without sseeing them, wouldnt you feel safer this way? as ive bought cards that people say are mint and when they arrive there not!

^^^ Exactly i mean year who cares if they are not a true 9/10 or what company they are a from least you know the card is in excellent condition

^^^ Owen have you spoken to Craig from CGA?

He has very good experience

Im sure he is a great guy Matt but they still has no actual experience in card grading. CGA has grading 100's of cards vs a PSA that has graded millions of cards.

PSA means something and is recognized industry wide. CGA has a long way to go to build up that trust and reputation. Not to say it wont happen though.

I see what your saying. but buying cards without sseeing them, wouldnt you feel safer this way? as ive bought cards that people say are mint and when they arrive there not!

If i had no picture to reference and only some muppet on ebay telling me "the card is mint" sure i would pay more for the card that is graded.

But if we are doing a deal on here i send you good scans of a Nick OBrien draft prospect card and your happy with the condition would you really pay more for @jeffersons card?

I know what your saying Owen but i mean hes new on the scene. Maybe you could give him a call and speak to him and possibly run a store on his for the next ASCC magazine?

I just think running a store on the company would help him out as its a great service he is offering

I think to build a reputation you need to have a go and make a start first and foremost. This idea is excellent, and im all for supporting these guys, we needed something like this here is Australia as i would never send my cards overseas just to be graded. Firstly im not too sure you can compare the amount of grades PSA has done compared to CGA. Thats not a fair comparison. And these guys have plenty of experience in and around the hobby, im actually very happy with his qualifications for doing this type of work, you could get any joe blow having a go but this guy actually has a histroy in the hobby and in the industry. And why not try and start a new company here to help us collectors? God knows there are now enough different types of cards available now so why not offer an Aussie company grading system, id rather my money go to a hard working Aussie owned and run company :thumbsup:
I'll support them as the work i have seen so far is first class.

The question was would you pay more for a graded card. My answer was no.

Never said anything negative against him Blown - just laid out the facts.

We all have experience in and around the hobby. Does that mean everyone here could be a self appointed grader??

The question was would you pay more for a graded card. My answer was no.

Never said anything negative against him Blown - just laid out the facts.

We all have experience in and around the hobby. Does that mean everyone here could be a self appointed grader??

If anyone is better qualified they are more than welcome to start one up, but problem being most people dont put their hard earned where their mouth is, this guy has. Im not too sure exactly what work qualifies you to start this sort of business but i think his background is perfect for this type of work. Its a big step and i think to build that reputation it needs our support at the start, and if his work is upto standard then we will continue to support him and his reputation grows over the years. If no-one supported PSA at the start where would they be now? To answer the question, i would pay more for a graded card for sure, but probably not more than 10% of what an un-graded one is worth.

For a US card ? No, and I use CGA.
But for Australian cards ? Yes, 100% for sure.

If anyone is better qualified they are more than welcome to start one up, but problem being most people dont put their hard earned where their mouth is, this guy has. Im not too sure exactly what work qualifies you to start this sort of business but i think his background is perfect for this type of work. Its a big step and i think to build that reputation it needs our support at the start, and if his work is upto standard then we will continue to support him and his reputation grows over the years. If no-one supported PSA at the start where would they be now? To answer the question, i would pay more for a graded card for sure, but probably not more than 10% of what an un-graded one is worth.

I totally agree with what your saying. But personally i still dont see a massive value add.

Back
Top Bottom