Bulldogs, more like Bullsh*t

SWANS

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Camden
eBay User
c-a-m-d-e-n
Ok so I figured this needs a whole thread dedicated to this awful team. Im gonna start of by saying that the Western Bulldogs used to be one of my favourite teams to watch back in the day, when they had great players like Luke Darcy, Chris Grant, Scott West, and of course Brad Johnson. Now, they are a disgaraceful team to watch, and at least other bottom of the ladder teams such as Melbourne and GWS are recruiting players and trying to develop their squad, but Bulldogs - their captain (Griffen) doesn't even want to play for them anymore, and they're trying to offload a brownlow medallist (Cooney). How is that going to help their side?! I honestly see no hope for them in the future.

And don't even get me started on their footy cards. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is disappointed when they receive a bulldogs insert in a pack such as a wildcard, and there's no market out there for bulldogs cards. I don't even know any bulldogs fans!!

Thoughts?

Last edited:
While we're at it, bring back the 'Scray! Western Bulldogs? West of what?

I take it you're bringing it up because of the new logo, right?

BzTegofCMAAWanf.jpg:large

They should do themselves the favour and rename the club already to go with this 'new' image they're trying to promote.

Bontempelli gets some interest in regards to cards but that's about it. On afl they have bulldogs trading cooney and 48 for pick 28 haha what a joke if true!!

Cooney isn't worth anything he is finished, I do like some of there young players Libba is a beauty will be interesting how they go next year at this stage might see them drop a bit with these players leaving which won't be good for the coach, something's not right at the kennel

@footyfan13 cos changing the logo is what the club needs to improve haha

@drama5 was that before or after they offered Liam Jones and Cooney for Carlton's pick 28? Honestly, who is running the show over there...

Cooney isn't worth anything he is finished

I think Cooney has about 2 years left in him, and he's a Brownlow medallist that can bring experience to the team. Especially now that Giansericusa has gone, they need experienced players to help develop the young players.

The dish lickers will pick up a early draft pick so it's not all doom and gloom.
Griffen didn't have a great year, so if he wants to leave let him.
The dogs will be a good team in the future because they have a young list with a lot of talent.
Leadership is a problem but it's time for the young pups to step up and bark.
I like the dogs mainly because of Teddy Whitten. Don't like to see a dog suffer but this is just a minor setback I think.

Upfront and honestly, I always waited for that 'year' when they came through. A midfield with Griffin, Boyd, Picken and Cooney should succeed. But surrounding them is one of the worst forward line I've ever seen. Do they even have a key forward? Maybe they need to go back the Footscray Bulldogs banner and also change their guernsey or just do something.

Interesting draft saints want petracca but need a forward so still might take mccartin with 1 melbourne would take petracca and brayshaw with 2 and 3 but if petracca is gone might take mccartin, would be a 10 year forward line with hogan and mccartin so there is no lock for pick 1 yet should be exciting

Aside from Macrae, what about them? Wallis, Smith and Grant struggle to get a game, and Dalhaus is overrated

The young talent is great through the middle, it's their key positions needing help. Crameri is not a true full forward, they need some KPP's.

A Boyd or Patton would fit well packaged with an early pick. But doesn't sound good, when your captain wants out!

And don't even get me started on their footy cards. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is disappointed when they receive a bulldogs insert in a pack such as a wildcard, and there's no market out there for bulldogs cards. I don't even know any bulldogs fans!!

Thoughts?

Bont $100+, McCrae $60+ are pretty solid.

Apart from Bontempelli and possibly Libba, there's not much else young talent atm

They have a bunch of great young players coming through, and add to that picks 4, 6 and 7 coming this year.

IMO, the Dogs have the following problems;

• Brendan McCartney - sorry, but something is clearly up here... dropped Higgins when he was having one of his best seasons - now he's gone... Griffen, their captain, wants out after 2 years of his horrible coaching, he dropped their AA Ruckman Minson for no reason other than to make a point to the team... sorry, but thats not how you coach. If I was the Dogs I'd be making a huge play at Bomber Thompson right now.
  • They are throwing ridiculous $$$ at the following types of players; Tom Lonergan (500k a year over 3 years are you effing kidding me???), Stewart Crameri and then getting rid of Cooney. Cooney has no market value, so youre giving him away for nothing - why not keep him, use his experience, his leadership and have the young pups going through have someone to look up to???

@banana I completely agree with both your points about the dogs problems. They pretty much just used Cooney as trade bait with Carlton and threw him at them. There's barely any experience at bulldogs to develop any young players so they might as well keep him. At this stage, they only have pick 6...

Back
Top Bottom