Box Purchase

Benny J

Mr Big Shot...
Real Name
Ben
eBay User
15DVS
Hey guys....now that i have sold my Jordan Patch....i have some money to purchase a box or two....

I have never really purchased anything besides Upper Deck but i am looking for a bit of a change...

My question: What are your suggestions on what box i should buy???

none..
u have a high chance of getting a couple of average boxes and thus you effectively gave your jordan patch card away...

:rolleyes:

buy an awesome single off ebay for the 400usd your card sold for instead.

the chance of you pulling a card that will sell for 200usd is very slim..

BUT,
if i were you and you wanted to spend a little bit..
id go for a box of

sp authentic
or portraits

if u dont want UD

go for bowman chrome (will most likely get nothing)
or maybe even a tin of big game

i dont really think the boxes that are out atm are much good,
maybe get one of those UD Legends boxes..
they are mad

U sold an MJ patch for $400USD? Show us a link...
Oh yeah, congrats!

As for spending ya $ now. If ya want a box, wait a little bit, some nice ones coming out soon, isnt Ultimate Collection due out sometime in Feb??

you guys are missing the whole point. box breaks are FUN! part of the reason i collect cards is that rush when you bust a pack or a box. thats why live breaks are so popular.

anyway, id suggest not going for the expensive boxes (exquisite, ultimate, trilogy, spgu) id buy a shitload of cheaper boxes: reflections, topps finest, sweet shot,etc.

btw, geelongfan, pretending you have a bron exquisite rc patch is seriously PATHETIC! :roll:

JZA said:
btw, geelongfan, pretending you have a bron exquisite rc patch is seriously PATHETIC! :roll:

i too saw this and had a little laugh to myself!! good try but!! [-X LMAO

but back to the question.... i would take everyones advice....by a nice rodman/gordon/webber and maybe a box of mid range UD product like say reflections/sweet shot/SP authentic and maybe even have some left over??

bah i had a bit of free time on my hands so i made a replica..
better than wasting time..
your just jealous anyway :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anyway,
JZA, i suppose you get a similiar RUSH of ADRENALINE when you realize that you have made $5 back on a $120 box..
cant wait to get that feelin'

i kno u can pull some nice cards, but the odds are far against it

its the same as putting money in the pokies or any other form of gambling

But it's better fun than gambling your money away on pokies, you at least get some cards to trade away at the end of it!

Hey, if I were you, go for an older box of something you like, eg something from last season? Will be cheaper. Then save the rest of your money, lol!

P.S. I have some 04-05 Finest on their way from the US if you're interested? Might break all those myself though, Lol!!!! They are so fun to bust JZA!!!

nvd001 said:
but back to the question.... i would take everyones advice....by a nice rodman/gordon/webber and maybe a box of mid range UD product like say reflections/sweet shot/SP authentic and maybe even have some left over??

yep thats probably what id do: a nice $100-200 card and the rest on boxes. good choice! :D

i would buy ONLY Reflections at the moment....otherwise wait till sp /sig /authentics come out .

I agre with you JeZzA..the hobby is also about trying your luck at busting a good box...otherwise card companies would just sell singles to tight asses who dont like taking a risk...

geelongfan said:
bah i had a bit of free time on my hands so i made a replica..
better than wasting time..
your just jealous anyway :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

anyway,
JZA, i suppose you get a similiar RUSH of ADRENALINE when you realize that you have made $5 back on a $120 box..
cant wait to get that feelin'

i kno u can pull some nice cards, but the odds are far against it

its the same as putting money in the pokies or any other form of gambling

uhhh, making a pic of an expensive card and pretending its in your collection just so people can see it and think to themselves, "wow, what a cool guy!" = really really insecure person. im not quite sure what im meant to be jealous of...

breaking boxes and packs is fun, i dont get pissed off if i dont make a profit on every pack i bust. and you get lots of cards that you can trade with other collectors. of course you get shocking breaks sometimes, and sometimes you beat the odds, just like life. its totally different from pokies.

And if money is all you care about, then get the hell out of this hobby and go on the stock markets, theres a lot more to be made.

JZA said:
uhhh, making a pic of an expensive card and pretending its in your collection just so people can see it and think to themselves, "wow, what a cool guy!" = really really insecure person. im not quite sure what im meant to be jealous of...

breaking boxes and packs is fun, i dont get pissed off if i dont make a profit on every pack i bust. and you get lots of cards that you can trade with other collectors. of course you get shocking breaks sometimes, and sometimes you beat the odds, just like life. its totally different from pokies.

And if money is all you care about, then get the hell out of this hobby and go on the stock markets, theres a lot more to be made.

JZA..... where do i begin
first of all,
you should look up the word sarcasm and read the first section of my previous post again..

secondly,
WHAT IS WRONG WITH MAKING A REPLICA OF A CARD YOU WILL NEVER OWN??????
(and its not a 'picture' its a thick proper card)
im not selling it to anybody..
its on my personal website, and anybody with an eye for things would know its far from being perfect..

since when did i say 'money is all i care about'..
if im not a risk taker and dont want to waste my money on a box of useless cards i could pickup for $5...then thats my choice..

its like me telling you, if wasting all your money is all you care about go put it on the roulette table..

its actually very similiar to any other form of gambling..
its a gamble or risk.. you could lose $100 and win $10 back at the end.

also,
dont talk to me about the hobby..
busting packs was very different to what it was in the 90's, than what it is today..
base cards even held a good value, atm if you pickup a few bases in a pack, people dont even list them and give them away for free or simply bin them..

Slipnot lyrics......Fuck this shit,im sick of it, your going down..this is a war....lol.

guys this hobby is filled with people with different views ...more opinions than other hobbies.some people like the rush of pulling a great card that was pure luck and others prefer to use their bank balance to get that same card..busting boxes is not about looking for a lebron auto 1/1 all the time....sometimes its just a way to enjoy the hobby from a different perspective........ a NON Ebay way. I also buy singles but only for my PC...my trades come from Boxes..otherwise i wouldnt be on this site ...Like 80% of the people on here.

Buy a whole heap of cheap boxes and you end up with a whole bunch of cheap cards ;-)

I'd go for a high end product and go for bust. It may not be often you have $400USD to blow on some wax so get what you normally wouldn't or could afford?? I don't know your circumstances but thats my view.

Maybe cover your odds and get one higher and a lower end box you don't give a shit about.

Either way to sell a Jordan and use the money to buy boxes is pretty adventurous to say the least. You sell one great card to get a stack of cards maybe that will most probably pail in comparison. But thats not up to me. Thats your choice and one only a box buster can understand.

And I don't think that collectors that dont' bust are tight arses. I say it sometimes takes more balls to drop $400US on just ONE card than a few boxes. But player collectors would always rather the one card. The hobby takes both sorts of people. The busters so the cards are on the market and the buyers for whom without the busters wouldn't be able to flip cards to fund more breaks. Its the great hobby food chain.

Its just which way you want your collection to go. Some have collections all over the place but with some nice cards and other comprehensive ones but laking a big puch sometimes.

Most dont understand each other either ;-)

I think its pretty sad collectors having a go at someone over a card he made as sad. Geelongfan posted it as a joke and some really senior members of the hobby fell for it. I did the same as a kid with Birds 1984 star co card I'd thought i'd never own. I cut a pic out and put it in a screwdown. Back then the card cost $800AUD and there was no eBay and no money for cards. Just shows the Geelongfan likes the hobby. No harm done. He isn't claiming to own it or trying to sell it etc.

I'd be more ashamed of not being able to spot a fake jordan auto ;-)

Back
Top Bottom