OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
Kind Member gives BIG Mavs Mailday....

Ok, so when I said BIG, I meant 5x7 big...

Here's a sweet card I got from the one and only chadjaja®.

I even had to do some research just to find out about this guy.

Mark Aguirre was Drafted 1st Round 1st Pick Overall by the Mavs in 81 played for 8 seasons, then on to Detroit for 5 years, then finished his career off with the Clippers for 1 last year.

During his career Aguirre had averages as high as 29.5ppg, 4.6apg, 6.0rpg & 1.1spg.

Also made appearances in 3 All-Star games (84, 87 & 88), and has 2 World Championship rings.

Here's a quick blurb I found interesting to read:
"In 1983-84, Aguirre averaged 29.5 points per game (second in NBA) on 2,330 total points, both Maverick single-season records that still stand. He still owns the top three single-season point totals in Dallas history. Aguirre’s 13,930 career points as a Maverick are second only to Rolando Blackman’s 16,643 on the all-time franchise list.

Traded to Detroit on Feb. 15, 1989 for Adrian Dantley and a first-round draft pick, Mark was a key member of the Pistons’ back-to-back World Championship teams of 1989 and 1990. He started all four games (7.5 points) of the Pistons’ four-game sweep of the Lakers in the 1989 Finals. The following year, he put up 9.6 points in Detroit’s five-game Finals win over Portland, including 18 points off the bench in the Pistons’ come-from-behind Game One win."

Aguirre is now associated with the Knicks' Coaching Staff.

Thanks Chad!!!!

Mark Aguirre.jpg

I just thought you loved all those old fat guys Mavs. Barkley, Aguire..... ;-)

He was a star though and a great player for DePaul. Watch the charity game from 85 I think. He plays in that.

jvalles69 said:
:shock:

How have you never heard of this guy? He was the Mavericks!

:shock:

i rkn jvalles! Mavs! Shocked!! :shock:

I thought that since you were "Mavsman" you'd know of the REAL MAN of the MAVS, Mark Aguirre!

I can honestly say i've known of this guy for ages and have always loved him. He could've been such a great player in terms of scoring and stats, but fair enough, he gave it up for 2 rings, what can you do, i'm sure it was a worthwhile sacrifice. Amazing scorer criticized of being selfish by losers.

jimboiitmac said:
I can honestly say i've known of this guy for ages and have always loved him. .
How old are you again Jimbo. I rekon you were born with an NBA book with some of the stuff you come out with. You do know your players.

chadjaja® said:
How old are you again Jimbo. I rekon you were born with an NBA book with some of the stuff you come out with. You do know your players.

Hahahahah mate, if you wanna know the truth, i've always said i won't reveal my real age, but i'm underage, so legally i'm under 18.

Haha, wasn't born with an NBA book mate, but by the age of about.. 10 I've been so into Basketball & the NBA, I literally read every article on NBA.com, any other links I can find, NBA History, most issues of Slam and previously XXL as well as ESPN.

But I just got knowledge of loving the league and just researching and reading. I mean, mid-way through High School, for my Major Work I did a basketball magazine! Anyway, if I need any info I'm all set, for one of my birthdays some family friends bought me the ENTIRE ENCYCLOPOAEDIA OF BASKETBALL which features 85% on the NBA, the rest on NCAA, Womens Basketball, WNBA and International.

Back
Top Bottom