Betting/Punting News/Veiws

Racing is in a 72 hour lockdown mate, but in all honesty I cant see racing returning for maybe 2-3 weeks. Simply because it will take weeks not days to monitor the lockdown across australia.

The outbreak started at eastern creek and worked its way to centennial park (through strappers/track riders that work at both venues).......in the last 2 days the many horses infected at centennial park have made vast improvement and are slowly overcoming it.

If racing was not to return within 2-3 weeks im sure they will postpone the melb cup and possibly move all race meetings back 2-3 weeks as it would be impossible to run races like the Caulf cup or Melb cup not to mention the staying 3yo races like the oaks and derby without the horses coming through the traditional lead-up races.

Lets not forget that this is the same Equine Influenza that hit South Africa some time ago....and it travelled thousands of kilometres in days and kept the racing industry in lockdown for over 3 months, as it can be carried on saddles/bridles/clothes just about anything it's highly contagious, it is going to be a massive effort for all concered to keep this thing quarantined.

Good Luck to the Australian Racing Industry.

KK wish me luck Had $100 on essendon under 39.5pts @ $2.10 and a lobster on Pettifer to kick the first goal of the game @ $13.00

Essendon Under 39.5pts $100 = $210
Pettifer 1st Goal $20 = $260

:)

KK wish me luck Had $100 on essendon under 39.5pts @ $2.10 and a lobster on Pettifer to kick the first goal of the game @ $13.00

Essendon Under 39.5pts $100 = $210
Pettifer 1st Goal $20 = $260

:)

Good luck with that, I reckon you're on with Essendon under 39.5, but Deledio for first goal! :thumbsup:

Ok...so i am in an end of season comp with one of my mates.

We are going to punt $50 a week on the footy and whom ever wins the most wins the comp....A FREE NIGHT ON THE PISS.....

So a couple i was thinking of taking this week are:
* Port over 39.5
* Collingwood win....1-24

Any thoughts....or any sure things that someone can suggest??

Ok...so i am in an end of season comp with one of my mates.

We are going to punt $50 a week on the footy and whom ever wins the most wins the comp....A FREE NIGHT ON THE PISS.....

So a couple i was thinking of taking this week are:
* Port over 39.5
* Collingwood win....1-24

Any thoughts....or any sure things that someone can suggest??

Mate this is looming as the toughest round of footy for the year. Some teams will be trying to lose, and teams like Sydney & Collingwood have already locked in finals positions so they might not have the same motivation to win as the teams they are playing against. I hope Collingwood can Win though, because we still have an outside chance at finishing Top-4, and even if we don't make Top-4, a Win would give us great momentum going into the finals. Your Port tip might be a good chance because i've just found out that Freo has lost about 6 of their best players, and Port will be keen to Win by as much as possible to keep their Percentage above West Coast's and finsih 2nd on the ladder. Geelong at $1.38 look a top chance as they will be keen to bounce back from last weeks loss, and Brisbane's form seems to have tapered off over the last couple of weeks. Of the other matches maybe Richmond might be some sort of an outside chance at the +16.5 Points Start line. Richmond has found some nice form over the last few weeks beating Collingwood & Essendon, and if they had of kicked straight against West Coast 2 weeks ago they might have won that match as well. Richmond seems to play well at the MCG, and St Kilda would probably prefer to play at the Telstra Dome. St Kilda seems to have trouble running out games, whereas Richmond is a team that will keep running for 4 quarters (as Collingwood found out 3 weeks ago), and the open spaces of the MCG might test the Saints fitness? But, on the flip side, the Saints probably have more motivation to Win than Richmond, as the Saints are still a chance at making the finals. If Richmond lose they would still be in with a chance at Winning the '#1 Draft Pick' if Carlton beat Melbourne, so the Tigers might not want to win? Either way this is looming as a nightmare round for footy punters. I'm thinking about putting the following all-up multi-bet on, but i'm not confident so i'm only going to put $20 on it;

Collingwood to win
Richmond at the +16.5 Points Start line
Geelong to win by over 15.5 points

Anyone else have any thoughts on betting for this rounds AFL matches?

These are the nags ill most likely be on tomorrow.

Morphetville

R4 No 1 Sensational Toy

Caulfield

R1 No 2 Gabbidon

R6 No 13 La Goulue and a quin, trifecta with 2,3,13

R7 No 2 Murtajill

R8 No 3 Lad Of The Manor Each Way and a trifecta with 2,3,4,8,13

R9 No 10 Devil Inside Each Way (if you only take notice of one tip make it this one. Big run behind german Chocolate last start who is absolutely flying, ill be all over the $31 they are offering in the paper) Trifecta with 6,9,10,11,12

Im in a small syndicate at work. we (3 of us) all put in $300 and lay all our bets into the Patriots to win the superbowl, since we all think that the pats are the team to beat this year. we have $300 on Geelong, Storm, and Pats. $300 to $22,600. We got on awhile go and got Storm @ 2.9, Cats @ 4 and Pats @ 6.5. So We hope to have 2 legs in afew weeks so we can offload during the year. We also have $50 on South Africa (RWC) into the pats $50 to $1000. We already have a bet going Cats to beat roos over 60+ points. $20 to $400. We have alot of other bets most include the cats and storm into the pats. We also have Port and Hawks into the same. Got several AFL G/F quins with hawks/cats and port/cats. Anyway hope we get afew legs up so we can offload with the other $300 we have left, maybe the chargers or the colts.

I have just had a look at the Global Sportsbet website and here are the Head-To-Head Odds for this weeks Prelim Finals.

Geelong $1.27 Vs Collingwood $3.85

Port Adelaide $1.31 Vs Kangaroos $3.50

Is it just me, or should the Kangaroos be a lot shorter Odds than that? I would have thought that match was a 50/50 match that could go either way. $3.50 looks way over the odds. I can understand why the Pies are Big Odds because the Bookies have written us off all year. I'm hopeing the Pies can prove the bookies wrong again this week.

Anyone on tonights game. I had $30 on Geelong with the margin being between 1-39 at $2.20.
I also have Mooney for most goals @ $4.50 and Collingwood 1st score of the game being a behind @ $4.

Don't know who to take for most pozzies.

Back
Top Bottom