Best TTM yet!

cricket_cox

Banned User
Real Name
Tim
eBay User
tim410au (visit my homepage link)
Well, I continue my search for ex cricketers and I contacted the DVA concerning Arthur Morris and Sent a letter a Card to the DVA who forwarded it to Arthur Morris. Today I got a reply! Not really much of a letter, but very pleased he said thank you. Card was signed too. 2 autos if you wanna be picky :p

For those who don't know Morris was an Opening batter in the 40s and 50s. Opened for Australia in 48' and scored 196* when Bradman played his last test inning and got 0. So when you get a knock that isn't noticed, its called an Arthur Morris. Anyway, this bloke is legend, getting old now and is just 1 of 5 invincibles still alive. He is also 1 of the 30 men in the Australian Cricketing Hall Of Fame!

Amorris001.jpg

Well done mate! AM is quite easily one of the best 10 cricketers we have produced and it is great that you know so much about him, it shows that the history of our great game is in good hands!

Great Work Champ!

Great letter Tim, i'm sure that is worth much more to you than the signed card. Thanks for showing it off!

Brad

magnificent card and wow thata is a beauty of a hand written letter by the gr8 arthur morris

Simply awesome Tim :thumbsup:

I am doing the same thing at the moment, past and present players.

Have only just started, but have had wonderful email replies, and have just started to send cards away.

VERY nice...

FWIW - I've had some luck sending cards to the state Cricket Associations for current players...If anyone can share some past players contact details I would be greatfull.

Thanks,
Mark.

Back
Top Bottom