WoobieZarz

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Scotty
eBay User
WoobieZarz
COMC User
WoobieZarz
We all know that Big Men are hard to come by these days, so I'm interested in knowing who you think is the best Center in the NBA.

Pure and simple question.

Post a short reason too. Favouritism is ok, but make sure you explain your reason for choice.

Shaq - Because of his presence
Ben Wallace - Cause i love big defensive players....he is happy with 2 ppg as long as he has helped the team otherwise (rebounds, blocks etc).

Thats a tough one, but I will go out on a limb and base my pick on what they get done with the minutes they play, and consistency and say Alonzo! He seems to be very consistent in his numbers and because he has a smaller role he tends not to have any bad games?!?

Most of the big time centres have off nights where they don't do much. Maybe Gasol because he is normally pretty consistent.

Duncan if I can count him as a centre.

If you are looking for the best centre this season I think Camby deserves a look.

On form this year I would say Camby. He has been great for the Nugz. Great defensively, and has been pretty involved in the offence. Once again though injuries are starting to hamper him.
I view Duncan as a PF otherwise Id vote for him.

I'm gonna go Brad Miller. He gets points assists and rebounds for his team, and without him, they fall into a hole.

Is Amare a Center or Power Forward??

And yes, Camby is excellent too!!

Marcus Camby- Has been the lock for the Nuggets until he got injured. He and Carmelo have stepped up to lead this team, you'd expect Kenyon to do something.

Alonzo Mourning- Yes he is my favourite player, but you look at his consistency and what he can do. Even though he's coming off the bench, i would still put him in the top 5 category in the league for centres this season. You all saw he can still play, when he was starting for Shaq he had 12 ppg, 8 rpg and 4 bpg. Even his presence and intimidation is amazing when he's only 6'10. And tell me, WHO is a better shot-blocker?? He had 6 off the bench today.

amare i find to be the most dominate big man in the NBA atm, more dominate than shaq, big call but shaq is getting on and this guy is all power.

but yer camby for me, havin a better year than big ben.
hes had games this year he has come close to a quad... think

look at his stats this year, 6 steals in a game, 8 blocks, hes also shooting the ball well and owning the boards, #1 in the leauge for defensive rebounds per game. doing at both end. always been a fan of camby, 'he's got cool tat's too.'

Shaq & Zo - Always liked them, and both have been dominant, but Shaq, apart from Wilt, seems to have had the most dominance on court. New guys? I like Krstic (he's improving despite NJ's depth, and it does help that he's playing with Kidd), and others are generally PF's who fill in at Centre (Dirk, Gasol, Dwighty, Bosh)

Back
Top Bottom