Base card battle..what do you think?

hsv006

Old perth boy
Real Name
steve
eBay User
hsv006
Greetings all...
Must say the mailday battles are a joy to watch and vote on.
However
There are quite a few members who would love to participate but simply dont have great looking or exspensive cards...
The 1 thing that every collector has...BASE CARDS !!!
A base card war would give every1 the chance to participate without fear they going to get overwelmed with bron autos,one of one cards,4 colour jerseys,rare vintage cards etc etc.
Is it just me or do you find some nights there are heaps of people on but nothings going on !!may be the answer?
I personally think its a great idea, but then im sure other may disagree.
I dont have all the answers but generally it would be
Base cards only(no insert,gu,rookie,auto,serial numberd cards)
Hard to get vintage base cards would also be a no go...
Basically im thinking cards from say 1990 to current...
Like i said maybe not enough interest here but if there is and your interested throw up a reply and feel free to ammend any rules(there only suggestions)
cheers
uncle stevo:D

Go for it. Its more in the tune of the Hill and Chad battle that started it all off. Maybe we vote for the best pic or design on each card?

i like it too...i have lots of base cards but not many expensive/valuable/rare cards that most of the battles contain :)

I just thought by doing so even new collectors can compete on an even scale....People would be voting on the cards visual appeal only...not the fact that its rare,serial numbered,etc..;)
EXAMPLE... ill see your grant hill collectors choice card and raise you a..grant hill serial numbered 1/1

i think its a great idea Steve...let me know where and when coz ive got some great looking base cards that are worth bugger all LOL

Aww now you sound like you want a game of Magic (lol)
That's what we use to do when we played in comps.......winner gets a randomly drawn card from the losers deck (lol).

Anyways I am up for the Base Card challenge :)
(without losing what I show) :)

Yeh most of mine posted will be from my PC aswell....

sounds like we almost have a tournament lined up... lol

Good idea, theres always some cool looking photos on base cards!

I think we need another chump player collection battle. I think I saw one in the past threads with Montross Vs someone? That was cool to go through....and I've got a killer Bobby Hurley collection to battle with haha

Sweet.... like a stated earlier...only suggestions...we ill forget about the looser posting his cards..totally understandable.
Although it would make it a little more fun...surely you guys can find 5 base cards not in your pc ?

oz-antoine said:
Good idea, theres always some cool looking photos on base cards!

I think we need another chump player collection battle. I think I saw one in the past threads with Montross Vs someone? That was cool to go through....and I've got a killer Bobby Hurley collection to battle with haha

i bet my bobby hurley base collection beats yours!!! lol
i have 6 rookie cards that i know of and god knows what other base

Back
Top Bottom