Back In The Game!

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
Hello Everybody,
Im Matt, and Ive been collecting since 1992.
I used to work in a Trading Card Store (Remember them?) and i am just starting to get back into collecting......I still remember the old days of getting in new boxes and busting them open to see what we could find!

Im a big Michael Jordan fan (well his Bulls Stuff anyway) and at the moment Im trying to track down his Exquisite Limited Logos cards....

Good Luck you say.....Ill need it!

Anyway I look forward to reading some interesting posts on here!

Cheers
Matt

Nice to see you here and able to chat to collectors once again.

Nice well thought out post too.

What card shop did you work at???

Gday,
Thanks for the welcome. I used to work at a small card Shop in Blacktown, NSW.

I actually only got to help out one school holiday due to the Tazo Craze of 97....shop was full.... I was a regular customer so I asked if I could help out and before I knew it I was helping out on a regular basis....

Was a great place to work.......some times I even got paid in Boxes of cards.........I remember one time i was given a box of (Topps?) NBA 50 greatest players cards for helping out at the Parramatta Trading Card And comic Fair the sunday prior!

What annoyed the owner was that I pulled a Jordan Star XRC reprint refractor!

Sold it to a regular customer for $600 on the spot!

Those were the days!! gee I sound like an old fart!

Cheers
Matt

yer me and my bro own a star reprint rc 1996, is it a refractor version of this. you wouldnt be interested in my reprint would you.... :)
got some nice cards listed in ya sig, would love to see ya cards, post em up!!

I used to go to that shop, near the dick smiths eh? outside westpoint...

good ol' days

I got some good drobs from there...

your story is so familiar...started early 90's dropped out late 90's now back in! stick around and enjoy the fun!

Yep near Dick Smith's!!! Thats the one!!

I spent many a day opening packs and trading cards with people!

Was awesome to do something you love and get paid for it!

Cheers
Matt

heyyyyy I think I been to that shop a few times! :D
was it near the station called card shaq or somethin?
I remember buying 1991/92 hoops rack packs there back in the day :)
welcome to the boards

hey Matt welcome i remember that card shop u had some nice stuff especially that jordan display cabinet i use to go there and hunt down your Pippens i passed up that kobe chrome rc u had to get pippens my cousin also went nuts buying penny cards there how is that 97-98 topps chrome bulls championship refractor card? i remember u pulling it from a box.
Any ways cheers and have a good one :D

picture_079_145.jpg

Back
Top Bottom