Are you sick of hearing about Michael Jordan on this site?

Are you sick of hearing about Michael Jordan on this site?

• YES

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • NO

Votes: 18 40.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt26

OZCT Supporter
Real Name
Matt
This thread is not about having a go at anyone and any disrespectful comments will be deleted but im hoping everyone will help me out here....

Are people sick of hearing about Michael Jordan on this site?

I have been talking with a certain member about the numerous posts/threads he creates on or about Michael Jordan and im trying to get him to understand that not everyone wants to hear about the man the call "Air".

I know he was a pretty good player a while ago, but I think the proportion of threads about Jordan compared to any other player must be 10:1 and thats just a rough guess.

Are people sick of reading about MJ? or am I wrong and should I go and try out one of his steaks?

Cheers
Matt

The only Jordan I wanna see is the trophy patch u picked up that should be in your Sig Matt, and as far as getting through to this certain member that not everyone wants to hear about Jordan..."Good Luck"

I have no problem hearing about Jordan!!!

He's the greatest!!!! If u dont like it, simply don't open the thread!!!

There's probably more threads about Celtics stuff than there is Jordan and I'd rather hear about Jordan!!

Just my 2 cents! But the Jordan thread was made for a certain reason also!

But with a Jordan card, it should be in the Card Discussion section I believe!!!!

I can say this on behalf of all those members here who have done the correct thing.We are not sick of reading about Michael Jordan.

It's just a few members here a causing trouble by posting or wreaking the Jordan threads making it a unpleasant experience for members here who enjoy reading about Jordan. I'm fairly sure the mod's here have gave them a warning so we won't hear any crap from them in a while.

Great thread btw,but this should belong in the Jordan thread:thumbsup:.

Thanks

I can say this on behalf of all those members here who have done the correct thing.

The Correct thing in your eyes only......take the blinkers off!!

6 / 2 so far so I guess your saying that 75% of the members here are doing the "wrong thing"????

I can say this on behalf of all those members here who have done the correct thing.We are not sick of reading about Michael Jordan.

It's just a few members here a causing trouble by posting or wreaking the Jordan threads making it a unpleasant experience for members here who enjoy reading about Jordan. I'm fairly sure the mod's here have gave them a warning so we won't hear any of the crap from them in a while.

Great thread btw,but this should belong in the Jordan thread:thumbsup:.

Thanks

The Mods have also given you a warning that if you keep posting multiple threads about Jordan (outside of maildays or in the official Jordan thread) you will be having a short holiday.

Cheers
Matt

The Mods have also given you a warning that if you keep posting multiple threads about Jordan (outside of maildays or in the official Jordan thread) you will be having a short holiday.

Cheers
Matt

Yeah you told me about it man, i accept that penalty if i ever post a thread about Jordan that is unworthy of the mod's rules.

Cheers

Ps:we should have names on the vote poll, to see who is voting for what.

I'll put my hand up and say I voted 'no', not sick of hearing about Jordan. Perhaps the greatest player of all time, acheivement wise at least. Seeing threads pop out outside the official thread, that's a different story. Clutters up the threads and there's no need for that with the official thread sitting there. Can understand totally if people are sick of that.

I'm a little sick of the (excessive) pro Jordan threads that kind of suggest without verbally implying we all go out and buy an MJ GU card and sniff it to get a little closer to the man, but in that case I can usually read the first paragraph of the thread and work out for myself if It's dribble and whether I need to read on or not. If it's in the official thread then I got no gripes at all, that's what it's there for.

I'm sick of it not because I don't wanna hear anything about MJ... It's because who keeps on posting it!

It is annoying when you collect a player like Lebron or Kobe and Jordan23 would bash these 2 players at will all the time. Simply because Lebron and Kobe are being compared to MJ...:( Its just really frustrating!

Jordan23 just post where you need be man. Hopefully they'll leave you alone. You got the "official thread."

A friend will tell the truth even if it hurts: it has gotten to a point where it is irritating. Ozcards is starting to become the Jordan23 posts vs. Hobbibox vs. Chad Vs. Nearly everyone.COM.

Much love and respect Gents

Im sick of not being listened too. We Admin have warned and directed you many times to no avail. Now our PMs don't even get answered as you know what we think very clearly.

I like others are sick of seeing one line and a pasted article that has obviously been glanced over. The other day a joke article was posted and you coudn't even see it was a fraud and then went and edited your posts so you didn't look stupid.

An opinion and insight would be nice rather than what I simply look at as player collector spam. We all have our fav players and stand up for them etc etc. Thats part of being a loyal fan but there is a line.

So yeah I'm a yes for now. Its more like preaching than posting. Most of us were around to see Jordan play too. A LOT of us were born earlier and remember it better as well. It may sound harsh but its true. Therefore when we read crap we post back with our own opinions. But they are OURS at least. You don't respond to questions or alternative opinion, only those that support your post and quote them.

Don't be a player hater. Hating other players doesn't make your player look better. There is no rivalry between Jordan and Bron/Kobe..

Was that too blunt??

HAve you reported this thread?? NO!

This site kicks along every day. posts after post and we can't be expected to read EVERY thread EVERY post. The report post function exists for that reason.

I'm more sick of hearing these 2 clowns chatting about footy in my Jordan thread than hearing about Jordan:
http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/foru...j-86-87-rookie-auto-11-23-findly-found-2.html

What a the mod's doing allowing this kind of behaviour.This is even worse than what i'm doing.

You are right.
The comparison stuff is the most off putting about it..

Yeah I have to admit the player bashing and putting down gets a little too much!!!

As much as I respect Jay for his appreciation of the man, Kobe is right up there as being the games greatest and possible to take over Jordan!!! As is LeBron who had ridiculous talent for someone so young!!!

How can u not compare them? They have the same fight, same passion for the game!!! Especially Kobe!!

Its the thread after thread from jordan23 about MJ that makes me sick of it.

If he just post the MJ stuff in the official MJ thread then there should not be a problem...

I have to add this:
1. He sent me a pm once to edit my post in the thread he started.
2. He started a thread about MJ and when I asked him that he should have put it in the official MJ thread, he search for another story, copy and paste it in that thread.

I mean, its just simple. He was asked to start an official MJ thread but when he figured that people dont respond to his post he just ignores the warnings and start a new thread...

------------------------------------------------

Threads about MJ, original thoughts or opinions are fine, look at a nice card, no problem.

Thread after thread of biased opinion cut and paste from another forum/website is pointless, mis-titled lists claiming that scoring = performance are annoying, comparisons to current players are inane, posts that take other threads completely off topic to rant and rave about "His Airness" are akin to trolling, and if these types of threads are to be placed on ozcards should be put in the Official Jordan Thread, where they can be ignored by all that choose to.....or they should be deleted without discretion.

Threads about MJ, original thoughts or opinions are fine, look at a nice card, no problem.

Thread after thread of biased opinion cut and paste from another forum/website is pointless, mis-titled lists claiming that scoring = performance are annoying, comparisons to current players are inane, posts that take other threads completely off topic to rant and rave about "His Airness" are akin to trolling, and if these types of threads are to be placed on ozcards should be put in the Official Jordan Thread, where they can be ignored by all that choose to.....or they should be deleted without discretion.

Very, very well said.

I think everyone has covered the irritations accurately enough...and they are mine as well.

I do have one specific annoyance that has been partly covered....the "cut and paste" quotes MUST include a reference or source for the quote.

Now this is not for my benefit completely as it can help stop confusion and at the very worst a possible copyright infringement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom