Another MJ Disappeared Overseas - MJ collectors please help!

I just thaught of something.

I am guessing to speed things up, You could always message the buyer, and inform them of the evidence you have, and give them a chance to make payment before following it up further ( and i would still follow it up anyways, )

So let me get this right? The buyer said they never received the item but you contacted Aust post and they stated that the person the item was addressed to has already picked it up?
Beautiful card btw

Is it wrong to ask this person's first name, and suburb?

There might be some locals who might all go to the same markets/stores, etc.... Anything to help track this prick down!

I forgot you mentioned the ebay ID earlier, sorry to re-ask before, lol.

Fark, I hope that PayPal help, doubt Ebay will do much, that's just what they do (or dont).

I just thaught of something.

I am guessing to speed things up, You could always message the buyer, and inform them of the evidence you have, and give them a chance to make payment before following it up further ( and i would still follow it up anyways, )

Funny, because I just did that, though I will be pursuing him to my fullest capabilities. Can't wait to see his response.

Is it wrong to ask this person's first name, and suburb?

There might be some locals who might all go to the same markets/stores, etc.... Anything to help track this prick down!

I forgot you mentioned the ebay ID earlier, sorry to re-ask before, lol.

Fark, I hope that PayPal help, doubt Ebay will do much, that's just what they do (or dont).

I am willing to post all of his information, but I do not believe that the forum rules will allow for that? (Mods?)

Surprisingly, Paypal has been the horrible one in all of this. When I spoke to them on the phone after the case was first opened, the lady just said, "yeah, but we don't have any info of him receiving, so you won't be getting your money back" before hanging up on me. The last few times I have contacted eBay they have been extremely helpful; I've had feedback and DSRs removed, cases decided quickly and fairly. I'm curious to see what they say, because the guy opened the case through PP, not eBay.

Yup. He even signed for it, which is like the cherry on the sundae.

What a jack ass, it's not good for our Aussie rep when someone does something lowlife like that(thats if Aus post didnt make another mistake)
I don't understand why sellers are not protected when the buyers have the option to insure the item if the item happens to go missing legitimately.
I always pay top $ to get my high end cards delivered from the states because you never know what might happen, there is better chance of a delivery going missing then pulling some inserts.

What a jack ass, it's not good for our Aussie rep when someone does something lowlife like that(thats if Aus post didnt make another mistake)
I don't understand why sellers are not protected when the buyers have the option to insure the item if the item happens to go missing legitimately.
I always pay top $ to get my high end cards delivered from the states because you never know what might happen, there is better chance of a delivery going missing then pulling some inserts.

This is the only problem I've ever had with an Aussie before. EVER. And I've been shipping cards to AUS for over a decade now. I think no matter where you go, where there's money, there's cheaters. It's human nature. Paypal only protects sellers when an item has clear ship and receipt info. Otherwise, it's all them. So, if you ever want to, buy a card from the states, say you never got it, and Paypal will give you your money back as long as the tracking number doesn't say that it has been received on the USPS website. I confirmed that with the Paypal rep I talked to when this case was first opened. How Paypal hasn't been named in a lawsuit as an accessory to fraud is beyond me.

I'd be very curious to find out how many other sellers could have save themselves from getting ripped by contacting Aussie Post.

Where this guy lives, isn't the nicest of areas in Sydney.... Can Aus Post send you an official e-mail which states the details of when and where the item was collected?
then can you submit this documented e-mail to paypal?
You would think this would be enough to acquire the payment....
If not, getting the authorities involved might twist paypals arm, as I'm sure if the proof is there, they would have no other choice except for transferring the funds back to you?

Last update for the night, as it's 430 AM here in LA. Just got off the phone with Paypal. They were helpful. Very helpful:woot:. The hold on the funds has been removed, so the money is back in my account. However, Paypal has not yet closed the case. As soon as they do that, I will post all of this guy's information so that no one else gets ripped (or attempted ripped).

Thank you to everyone that has posted in here with kind words and brilliant ideas! This is why I love our hobby!!!

That's great news mate, bit of a hassle, but excellent to hear you found someone nice to deal with at paypal.
Hopefully you can sleep easier, that's if you get any sleep being 4:30am there lol zzzzzz

Back
Top Bottom