An un-numbered 2004 Andrew Johns Captain Card

Yeah technically it is (came as a set framed and given to captains), but most collectors would much rather the numbered with redemption. IMO that card is worth $250 max.

They have been listed on ebay before ... there was a whole set, I don't remember how much the Johns one sold for though. I do remember a couple (Kimmorley was one) sticking around for ages on buy it now, though.

Yeah, wouldn't really bother with it myself, not being an official release, but it might be worth grabbing if you were after the card, but couldn't afford a numbered one.

The whole set was on ebay, belonged to a Panthers player, was sold last year, was all framed too. Sold for $800 for the complete set.

Here are the images of the framed cards you're talking about.

Front.JPG
Rear.JPG

They were being offered for $2000 or $2500 for the complete set. There were two at the time. I wish I bought them at the time. :cry:

Ian

Thanks for that, that's a nice card. Although i am looking for the signed version.

Here are the images of the framed cards you're talking about.

Front.JPG
Rear.JPG

They were being offered for $2000 or $2500 for the complete set. There were two at the time. I wish I bought them at the time. :cry:

Ian

i got the melborne one for 2750

---------- Post added 07-08-2010 at 05:36 PM ----------

anyone offereing unsigned captain cards?

i have some unsigned captain cards for sale

for anyone still wondering the unnumbered ones were given to the players themselves - i know because i got the craig gower one given to me by him which i since sold to brplat

Back
Top Bottom