All Australian team thoughts....?

He is not a "flashy" enough player. The selectors were seduced by Nic Nac Paddy Whacks leaping ability. For me he is just not consistent enough

Bit cynical

Nic Nat is better at contested ball, contested marks, goals, and tap-to-advantage.

His hit out numbers suffer by sharing the load with Cox.

Out of all ruckmen in the AFL, Nic Nat & Cox are the best footballers.

(Hard to give Jacobs the nod given Adelaide's draw)

Maric and Jacobs were unlucky. Nic Nat could have been left out with Cox as 1st ruck and either Maric or Jacobs as the 2nd ruck. Dont know how waters go into the back line before Deledio. Glass as captain is a bit of a stretch also. Also Hawkins had a great year but surely the FF spot should go to the Coleman medalist shouldnt it?

Also Hawkins had a great year but surely the FF spot should go to the Coleman medalist shouldnt it?

Hawkins is much better in the contest than Jack and they're even for marks inside 50. Given there was a 3 goal different between the two of them for the year, I'd rather Hawkins over Jack.

Only have 2 issues. The fact that Stephen "The rat" Milne made it in over Pavlich! And Dane Swan is on the bench. Apart from that i'm fairly happy with it. I would of given Maric a spot on the bench also. Basicly rucked the entire year by himslef at Richmond and was a stand out.

I have to agree. Would expect Pavo to make it in easy.

Only problems i have with the team are:

Swap Ablett and Glass as captain and vice, surely Ablett is the best captain right now.
Sam Jacobs IN Nic Nat OUT, not sure how Nic Nat got in to be honest.
Put Buddy at FF, Hawkins OUT and Pavlich IN to CHF

Im happy for Cox to be in a pocket, he does go forward and kick goals while resting. Backline almost picked itself i think. Rioli's spot must have been a toss of the coin between him and Jetta, but glad Rioli got in. But from a Hawks point of view, well done to Birchall, very well deserved on a half back. Sam Mitchell was a bit unlucky, but there are so many great mudfielders going around at the moment, he just didnt stand out enough this year.

hey lazlow and jyeza17, just because Buddy missed 6 games doesnt mean he didnt dominate, he's the best forward in the game and spends more time up the ground than most. Not too sure you guys paid much attention to Buddies first few rounds based on what you just said, so here are some quick stats about Buddy vs Hawkins in the first 7 rounds, his start wasnt that bad, just spent more time upfield than inside 50.

Buddy's first 7 rounds = 19 goals and 134 disposals = 2.71 goals and 19.14 disposals per game
Tomma Hawk's first 7 rounds = 19 goals and 92 disposals = 2.71 goals and 13.14 disposals per game

Now i could take this right upto Buddies 13 goals but the stats dont get any better for Hawkins.

These stats dont lie guys. He spent more time up the field in the first half of the year.

pav deserved to be there also how cyril get there and same with tom hawkins he had a solid season but there was people more deserving

Nic Nat is the most dominant Ruckman in the comp imo. Not just because of the ability to hit to advantage, but his follow up and probably the MOST important, the way he attracts the loose defender every time he goes forward. It allows one on one's everywhere else!

Also, I love Pav and yeah, he was huge this year, but he snowballed up to that level I think. Selectors are probably very wary of forgetting about the early part of the season and subconsciously give more credit to those who do well from the start!

fair point also how did milne get there i would have liked riewoldt in the team he is a great worker and a very influencal captain

Back
Top Bottom