All Australian team thoughts....?

I was pretty surprised with it actually, especially with Darren Glass named as captain. Overall I think the selectors did a fairly good job, and it's great to see Dangerfield and Thompson in the team :)

Happy to see Josh Kennedy and Ted Richards make it... very well deserved.

BACKS
Sean Dempster (STK) Luke McPharlin (FRE) Darren Glass (WCE) captain

HALF-BACKS
Beau Waters (WCE) Ted Richards (SYD) Grant Birchall (HAW)

CENTRES
Trent Cotchin (RIC) Jobe Watson (ESS) Dane Beams (COL)

HALF-FORWARDS
Patrick Dangerfield (ADE) Lance Franklin (HAW) Cyril Rioli (HAW)

FORWARDS
Stephen Milne (STK) Tom Hawkins (GEE) Dean Cox (WCE)

RUCKS
Nic Naitanui (WCE) Scott Thomson (ADE) Gary Ablett Jr (GCS) vice-capt

INTERCHANGE
Scott Pendlebury (COL) Dane Swan (COL) Josh Kennedy (SYD) Brett Deledio (RIC)

So who's the super sub? :lol:

Only have 2 issues. The fact that Stephen "The rat" Milne made it in over Pavlich! And Dane Swan is on the bench. Apart from that i'm fairly happy with it. I would of given Maric a spot on the bench also. Basicly rucked the entire year by himslef at Richmond and was a stand out.

Jacobs was stiff... And Cyril wasn't that good

Agree with Jacobs. In my opinion Cyril is like Nic Nat, flashy but not consistent. Another one that the selectors are seduced by his flashes of brilliance.

Only have 2 issues. The fact that Stephen "The rat" Milne made it in over Pavlich! And Dane Swan is on the bench. Apart from that i'm fairly happy with it. I would of given Maric a spot on the bench also. Basicly rucked the entire year by himslef at Richmond and was a stand out.
MILNEYYYYYYYY, You ripper!

Yeah, no offence to Milne but it's pretty sad that he got picked over Pavlich.
I would say Pav is more of a half forward than a forward pocket.

So its not exactly right to say Milne was picked over Pav... More like Dangerfield or Rioli were picked over Pav.

If given 3 choices between Pav, Milne, Dangerfield & Rioli to have in your forward line, would you REALLY leave out Milne?

The problem isn't Milne being in over Pavlich... for a forward pocket position a case could be argued for either player... The problem I have is Cox being named in the forward pocket when Pavlich didn't make the team! I know people will say the team needs a second ruckman, but if that's the case name Cox on the bench, Beams forward pocket, Deledio on the Wing and replace Rioli with Pavlich.

If not, Lewis Jetta should be in over Rioli.

Watson should have been named captain.

Glad to see Dempster and Richards make the team. Well deserved :thumbsup:

The problem isn't Milne being in over Pavlich... for a forward pocket position a case could be argued for either player... The problem I have is Cox being named in the forward pocket when Pavlich didn't make the team! I know people will say the team needs a second ruckman, but if that's the case name Cox on the bench, Beams forward pocket, Deledio on the Wing and replace Rioli with Pavlich.

If not, Leroy Jetta should be in over Rioli.

Watson should have been named captain.

Glad to see Dempster and Richards make the team. Well deserved :thumbsup:
I agree with pretty much everything in this post.

Especially Leroy, Watson & Dempster!

Back
Top Bottom