Advice on NBA Packs and Boxes: Ask your questions here!

Need comments on these boxes I am contemplating of buying..
I was hoping to get something in the $100 mark so I can get 2-3 boxes.
Upper Deck since I don't like the recent Panini releases at the same price range, the good Panini seem to be at the $300 mark per box and I don't have that $ to spend (I am a little bit on the quantity then quality).

13/14 Fleer Retro Basketball Hobby Box (Upper Deck)
12/13 Upper Deck SP Authentic Hobby Box

or do I just do 1 box like..

2012/13 Fleer Retro Basketball Hobby Box (Upper Deck)

I am also happy to get older boxes (if they are available). Thank you for any pointers you can give!

Just a question about this year's Select. They look like a really nice card....are they?

Just a question about this year's Select. They look like a really nice card....are they?

Yes, some of the prizms are absolutely stunning in hand with the light refracting off them. Some on card autos with some sticker autos also.
I'm not too fussed on the insert sets though, they leave a bit to be desired style-wise IMHO.

A draw-back is that some of their 'prime' patches are not actually patches... and about 30% of them appear to have been mis-cut on the patch window (not centered) so bad for grading.

Hello

looking to start collecting NBA for the first time, can i get some help as to what is the best brand etc.. all i remember was as a kid in the late 80's early 90's and it was all upper deck but now
i see its a lot of Panini etc..

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated to get started, looking to buy by the box as well

Cheers

Hello

looking to start collecting NBA for the first time, can i get some help as to what is the best brand etc.. all i remember was as a kid in the late 80's early 90's and it was all upper deck but now
i see its a lot of Panini etc..

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated to get started, looking to buy by the box as well

Cheers

Panini currently has the nba licence, which means they are the only company that is allowed to produce cards with players in their nba uniforms and use game used jerseys. Upper Deck is still producing cards but they are college uniforms and don't hold a very high dollar, the only problem is that Jordan and LeBron are contracted to Upper Deck. Sorry to say that if you are after Jordan and LeBron autos they will not be found in Panini products.

Hope this helps.

any direction on to what is better in the panini range im looking online and there are a lot of dif options, looking at the prestige, past and present, threads etc.. if i want to have a bit of look to see what there like
any suggestion on what is worth looking at or what will give a good hit odds ?

any direction on to what is better in the panini range im looking online and there are a lot of dif options, looking at the prestige, past and present, threads etc.. if i want to have a bit of look to see what there like
any suggestion on what is worth looking at or what will give a good hit odds ?

Depends what you are looking to spend on boxes really?

Hey guys what do you guys think of the 2012-13 panini threads and 2012-13 panini basketball boxes? I'm thinking of getting a couple of dacardworld and I'm reasonably new to collecting

Hi All

Just getting back into collecting. I've seen this on Da Card world and it seems too good to be true. Any idea why these two boxes are so cheap? I was looking at getting some boxes from here.

upload_2014-7-30_23-36-57.png

so my boxes of Prizm arrived today, so like a kid in a candy store went crazy and opened them up, box 1 hand full of red and green prizm, but no Auto ??? side of box says 2 auto per box, so figured i must have just got a dud
ripped into box 2 handful of red and green prizm last packet pulled splitter red auto 8/49 but again just one auto,

feeling abit ripped off going by there own wording on there boxes there should have been 2 autos per box??

is this a common thing or did i just have really shit luck

so my boxes of Prizm arrived today, so like a kid in a candy store went crazy and opened them up, box 1 hand full of red and green prizm, but no Auto ??? side of box says 2 auto per box, so figured i must have just got a dud
ripped into box 2 handful of red and green prizm last packet pulled splitter red auto 8/49 but again just one auto,

feeling abit ripped off going by there own wording on there boxes there should have been 2 autos per box??

is this a common thing or did i just have really s*** luck

Wow, that is terrible luck right there. You could write to Panini and complain about the terrible distribution. But its unlikely that with such a small purchase that they would do anything to re-imburse you. It does happen VERY often. And as a co-incidence the same thing happened to me with 13-14 Prizm.. got only one auto out of the box.

As I know the feeling and I hate to see people get ripped like that, so if you want to PM me, I'll be happy to provide you a discount coupon to use in my store on any product of your choosing.

Maybe you'll get some West Oz Cards Mojo in there!

Wow, that is terrible luck right there. You could write to Panini and complain about the terrible distribution. But its unlikely that with such a small purchase that they would do anything to re-imburse you. It does happen VERY often. And as a co-incidence the same thing happened to me with 13-14 Prizm.. got only one auto out of the box.

On the flip side, it also happens the other way around. I bought a box of 13-14 Upper Deck SP and on the box it clearly says 1 x "By The Letter Autograph" card. I opened my box, got a Calbert Cheaney By The Letter a few packs in and thought "well thats that". A few packs later I pulled a Jordan By The Letter 1/23!

It all balances out in the end I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom