Adios Mavericks

lets not forget the warriors had a new head coach at the start of season, J.Rich injured for half the season and in a mid season trade, traded 4 players that in itself is a huge effort to even make the playoffs. Dirk chocked when the Mavs needed a leader to step up. Dirk is the leader of the Mavs and just wasn't up to leading the mavs when they required leadership, but he wasn't the only disappointment for the Mavs, the team as a whole was disappointing. I for one picked the Mavs to make it to the Finals. The great teams are only remembered for their playoff performances.

this is quite a disappointment... and shocking..

but nellie's rotation is amazing.. he has 10 players who can play starter/first sub quality. that's the core materials of this series... i think nellie changed lineup about 4 times in this series.. and s. jackson shot 3 points better than his free throws..

anyway, it happens... coz western conference teams are just too good to be true..

is it true votes are casted for MVP before the play-offs?? i thought votes are casted around second round of play-offs.. can someone please enlighten me regarding this..

cheers

but nellie's rotation is amazing.. he has 10 players who can play starter/first sub quality. that's the core materials of this series... i think nellie changed lineup about 4 times in this series.. and s. jackson shot 3 points better than his free throws..

cheers

This is the important bit _ I haven't seen one game and I'm gutted - but I followed the lot on the net and at the half yesterday when it was still a game the GSW had about 8 guys who had scored and 10 who'd played decent minutes - they come in waves and at full speed!!!

This series has certainly brought out the emotions here on ozcards - I'm just happy for my mate JRICHFan in the states who is a long time GSW fan. He just hoped they could make the playoffs - then he was gonna go and watch them - then the shit went down - wife lost job and after 14 years of supporting he couldn't go.....next best thing? Hammering the #1 seed!!! So I'm happy for him.

I can feel the disappointment for Mavs fans - remember I'm a KG fan - we went out in the 1st round 7 years running!!!

I'm really happy the Warriors won this series :D I actually would have been disappointed if the Mavs won. All Dallas needed was for Dirk to be on his game and they most probably would have had the upper hand. You can't take anything away from J-Ho or a couple of the other Mavs players as they kept Dallas alive. But if Baron and S-Jax and even Al Harrington played as awesome as they did and missed out on winning this series, it would have been a huge bummer to me. I've never really liked the Mavs or GS but I'm happy for the Warriors.

dirk stuggled as a leader and as the mavs no.1 man/option.. really really struggled.. if he wins mvp, im sure he'd be reluctant to take it, being the kind of guy he is (wonder how many chairs/excercise bikes/towels where thrown after game 6)

The Warriors kinda did what was expected. Once the hype started and game one went down, that was it. Simple. Owe that to how well playoff experienced guys like Jackson played. He's always been able to make tough shots, especially 3's when it comes to the postseason. Also owe it to Dirk. Like Jezza said, against a team with minimal emphasis on defense, Dirk obviously struggled.

Will the Warriors continue it into the second round? Or did they just do everyone else a favour?

Will the Warriors continue it into the second round? Or did they just do everyone else a favour?

I reckon after the 1st round, you get rid of 4 teams, and unless its a massive drubbing, ie Chicago defeating Miami 4-0 would possibly push them above the Cavs, after the Cavs pretty lacklustre performances against the Washington Jamisons, nobodys ranking really moves.

The Playoff Seeding (before the 1st playoff game)

1-dallas
2-phoenix
3-spurs
4-jazzmen
5-houston
6-denver
7-la lakers
8-gs warriors

now dallas has been knocked off its perch, and with the Suns-Spurs in the next round, all its done is create a strange 2nd rd playoff matchups, in which the 2 best remaining teams face each other, and the 2 worst remaining teams square up, as seen below

Suns (2) vs Spurs (3)
Rockets/Jazz (5/4) vs Warriors (8)

In reality the winner of the Suns-Spurs matchup will be the team to beat in the Western Conference Finals; if the Mavs had gotten thru, you would have 1 vs 2/3; a more expected match up.

I still find it crazy that there's only 1 decent GSW fan here, and only about 2-3 Mavs fans here, and yet EVERYONE says it's shocking, embarrassing, disappointing...

Not one of you are even decent fans of your own damn teams!!

If you get angry at your team for losing a series, then you're not a fan.

A TRUE fan puts themselves in the same positions, reasons with reality in why the series was lost, congratulates the other side, and moves on, hopefully to work around what just happend, in preparation for next season.

I still find it crazy that there's only 1 decent GSW fan here, and only about 2-3 Mavs fans here, and yet EVERYONE says it's shocking, embarrassing, disappointing...

A TRUE fan puts themselves in the same positions, reasons with reality in why the series was lost, congratulates the other side, and moves on, hopefully to work around what just happend, in preparation for next season.

i take exception to that scotty, your being very emotional about this and as a result are starting to talk some absolute crap. if you think blindly supporting your team even when they are performing at a pathetic level is being a true fan, fine, your opinion. but choosing to ignore the inadequacies and weaknesses of your team, thats just being one eyed and illogical.

i love my pheonix suns, and if they perform well, ill be the first to talk about it. if they perform pathetically, ill be just as scathing of them. ill still stick by them and continue to love them though. just being critical of your teams performance doesnt mean you dont like them...thats just stupid.

I support Magic... i am a FAN of NBA.. whoever wins or loses.. it's just a game.

Magic made first play-offs in 4 years. lost 4 in a row.. there's nothing wrong with that.. i said it 2-3 months ago, if magic meet pistons, there will be sweep... and i feel very proud of magic fans here..

Some people gave comments in their own ways. some people enjoyed losing or winning, that's the spirit of sports anyways..

chill guys..!

Sounds to me like you have cracked the major sads coz everyone was happy the warriors won...what gives you the right to say none of us are decent supporters of our own teams? Grow up Scotty and get over it, ITS A ****ING BASKETBALL GAME

that's because it was shocking, embarressing and disappointing.

it was exactly the same days before when Chicago completed their 4-0 sweep of defending champions the Miami Heat, and even I, probably the biggest Heat fan on the boards said it was shocking, embarressing and disapointing.

we all love an underdog story, so a bit of teasing about the Mavericks losing had to be expected, if not then you take it to seriously.

and once again, people say it was " shocking, embarressing and disapointing " because that's the truth of it.

the Mavericks were not " simply outplayed " , yes they were outplayed, but they shot themselves in the foot by putting up such a miserable performance throughout the series, and Dirk was absolutely rubbish.

Has to be heart breaking for their fans, to have such a great season and just have the misfortune of running into the one team that has their measure in the playoffs... They're easily the best team in the league, but just can't beat the Warriors for some reason, really they could have been swept.

Don't blame the Mavericks - You remember me saying what a JINX I am with my bets ?!?

Well I had $10 on the Mavs to win the Championship about a month ago and they have gone down hill since :(

BLAME ME !

Now that's bullshit.

I'm fine with the Mavs not winning, sure I'm disappointed, but I'll live.

What I'm not fine with, is people badgering the way they lost.

If it's "only a fcuking basketball game" then why are you on their case??

As for me being one-eyed, that's crazy, if you read my posts, you'd understand that I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE ****ING HARD... it was, and obviously too hard for the Mavs to win this one. DUH.

I never stated that anything else.

Hey Jimbo, how were you embarrassed that the Mavs lost? Embarrassed the Heat lost maybe, but not that the Mavs lost.

You certainly werent disappointed, so you must have been shocked, but I doubt it.

And don't point the finger at Dirk, just like the rest of the Media. It's like saying that Kobe failed to get his Lakers through.... That's just bullshit.

Sure Dirk wasnt that great, but he's not the only one playing.

LOL Richo, we'll blame you, ha ha ha.

Now that's bullshit.

I'm fine with the Mavs not winning, sure I'm disappointed, but I'll live.

What I'm not fine with, is people badgering the way they lost.

If it's "only a fcuking basketball game" then why are you on their case??

As for me being one-eyed, that's crazy, if you read my posts, you'd understand that I KNEW IT WAS GOING TO BE ****ING HARD... it was, and obviously too hard for the Mavs to win this one. DUH.

I never stated anything else.

Hey Jimbo, how were you embarrassed that the Mavs lost? Embarrassed the Heat lost maybe, but not that the Mavs lost.

You certainly werent disappointed, so you must have been shocked, but I doubt it.

And don't point the finger at Dirk, just like the rest of the Media. It's like saying that Kobe failed to get his Lakers through.... That's just bullshit.

Sure Dirk wasnt that great, but he's not the only one playing.

LOL Richo, we'll blame you, ha ha ha.

Whilst it continues to catch fish people will keep on throwing the bait out there....and there are some good fishermen on Ozcards (and some decent-sized fish!!!) ;)

Well said!!

Funny what an upset does - all sorts of S#$% hits the fan!! Kinda agree with what JZA says though - no need to attack peoples point of view - not decent fans of our own teams? Please.

We're allowed opinions about what is a neutral series for most of us aren't we? IMO - Nellie knew the Mavs backwards, especially his tactic of running smaller fast guys at Dirk and it worked! He also outcoached AJ and left egg all over Cuban's face - as one of the banners at the game said 'Nellie smokes Cuban'

Was an accident posting it twice, sorry.

But what I said was true, all those that pissed in the Warriors pocket just because they beat the Mavs, you'd be the first to jump on someones case if they said the wrong thing about your team when it was unsolicited.

I'm fine with the loss, the sun doesnt always shine, but it pisses me when there's pig-headed statements.

^Exactly, there has been a huge amount of exultment towards the loss of the Mavs, not even the Heat had this much hatred towards them after ther exit. I find it disturbing the amount of enjoyment beeing taken in the Mavs premature exit. Then everyone expects us Mav fans to just take it and not stand up for our team? Its not as though we are saying we got screwed or anything, I will will be the first to admit the Mavs never really looked as though they were in a place to win the matchup.

Back
Top Bottom