A long winded Hello

Simo

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Justin
Hi there Oz Card Traders,

I used to collect Basketball cards in the mid 1990's but i gave that up after i was old enough to enter the workforce :(

I recently stumbled onto some various "box breaks" on YouTube and that was it!! I got sucked into collecting again. I have just recently bought two 2009-10 Upper Deck hobby boxes and I loved opening them up and flicking through the cards (I will post a list when I get more comfortable navigating the forums).

I have been out of the NBA / NBA collector card game for so long I know nothing about any upcoming or promising players these days. So please go easy on me, I may ask some ridiculously obvious questions in the future regarding cards.

Currently I have about 80-ish old school inserts (various brands / players) and a complete set of 1994-95 NBA HOOPS Basketball. I'm also thinking of starting to collect Australian Cricket cards, ARL and NRL cards aswell.

I'm more of a set collector than a player collector.

I look forward to chatting to you in the future, regards,

Justin

Ps: 08-09 / 09-10 UD Exquisite - SHEEESH, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few of those boxes. :D

Welcome Justin.

Good to see another of the lapsed mid 1990s collectors come back into the fold. Everyone around will be happy to help you with any queries you have RE cards.

Got any ideas about what boxes of mid 1990s stuff you'll be breaking open next?

Welcome back to collecting! Youtube def is a great way to check out breaks of the new stuff, see what interests you, and also see some of the high end stuff!!!! Nice!

Thanks mate,

Just a quick question, I have been combing throught the "FAQ/Site Rules" and I cant seem to find anything in regards to:

What is the official rule (and unspoken rule) in regards to posting box break results, are text lists ok?

welcome mate! as per box break rules, there arnt many mate, text lists are fine, you can either post when you have finished the whole box, or you can post up pack by pack results, its totally up to you, most people will ask for scans (pics) of hits (auto's, jerseys, inserts) etc but its totally up to you. Also its frowned upon to post something like, bought a box of cards today will be here in a few days.... the section is LIVE bust breaks! Most people will wish you mojo (goodluck) along the way also! Most people are friendly and fun here so you wont have many problems! enjoy!

Thanks guys.

I will take you up on that offer to trade face-to-face if ever the need arises Terry. Maybe we could check out each others collection one day and have a laugh.

Regards,

Justin

hi mate if you ever need a hand completing your sets let me no and i will give you a hand, kris

Welcome to OCT, good luck with your card collections and enjoy the site! If you need any help or have any questions feel free to PM me. Cheers!

Thanks for the offer Kristan, Thanks for the welcome Jacob.

Well after 4 boxes of 2009-10 Upper Deck Hobby, I have:

Base set: 200/200
Star Rookies: 23/25
Immortals/Legends: 10/55
Game Jersey: 5/100
VS. Dual Materials: 8/100
Dual Game Jersey: 2/100
Now Appearing: 5/20
Signature Collection (a/b): 7/192
Masterpieces: 5/35
3D Stars: 6/50
MJ Legacy: 30-ish

I dont have any Sophmore Sensations (autos), Spokesman Sigs cards yet :(

If any of you need or want base cards from this set, I have heaps so hit me up.

Thanks for looking,

Justin

Back
Top Bottom