2023 Select Footy Stars Instant Wins

Anonselect

OzCardTrader
Real Name
Jack
Hi guys. Having to post anonymously due to any risks with my SCC account. The prize list for the instant wins was just released.

Very keen to hear people’s thoughts on these prizes. Seems like select has completely gone against all of their guarantees they have made in previous years.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s awesome that someone can win a box of supremacy from a box of footy stars, but where were these boxes when the release actually came out? 2021 supremacy on selects website says “Supremacy is SOLD OUT”. Does that mean select has held back boxes and did not sell them to the public? The same goes for 2022 optimum and 2022 supremacy rookie. These products all show as SOLD OUT, which would mean there are no boxes left.

In regards to the hilites, rising star and draft pick sets, it clearly says on each one of those listings that “if 75 are ordered, only 75 will be printed”. How are they getting sets of these if someone didn’t keep some back and print extra in the print run?

I do like the idea of limited sets, new virtuosos and virtuosos signatures, that haven’t been in previous products, but it really starts to make me question everything select has ever guaranteed or said. Now true collectors won’t be able to get individual cards from these sets unless we are able to fork out lots of money, or spend a shit load on product to pull one of these cards, then HOPE we get lucky enough to get the sets with the cards in it we want?

Select just seem to have gone against all those claims they made regarding the products and rising stars.

Of course, everything may have been bought on the secondary market, but the realistic chance that that has actually happened is probably very very small.

I may be alone on this but just keen to see what others think. I feel a bit hard done by considering I missed out on some releases, and now those boxes are being given away after showing “sold out” on the website.

Keen to hear everyone’s thoughts. Any opinion is welcome! Just wanting to know if I am completely alone in this thought haha.

IMG_2503.jpeg

As someone who won a monthly prize from Select a few years back they can do little wrong in my eyes.

With regards to the print to order cards I suspect they have printed some for themselves in the past. I'd be surprised if no one from Select jagged a few of the Dusty 3 Norms Smith's, 3 Flags Hi-lites card from 2020( print run of ~1200). Clearly they have done this with some of last years' print to order cards with just this in mind. I'm ok with it as long as it's within reason and they don't crank the presses too much. I'd prefer it if they weren't doing it with the Rising Star/Draft Picks cards as those have the most potential for value down the track. If they did 10 or 20 that's alright. If they start printing an extra 200 for themselves that's f.......d

P.S. Unless they are transparent about it you'll never know how many cards they printed for themselves. They need to be careful what they do. They could shoot themselves in the foot so to speak. If Weekly Rising Star cards regularly have artificially high print runs it will destroy the secondary market value and eventually those who buy with an eye to flip will pass.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom