2019 TLA Elite - Official Thread

Are The players on the pack all going to get signatures as Shaun Johnson has got on for this year and looking back at last year most of the players on the front got higher end inserts

I've been A.W.A.L. for a couple of weeks due to work and just saw the Sell Sheet and WOW finally a STG jersey patch card in an Elite release.

Mmm now I sold a kidney last release what can I sell this year to fund it............
The wifes kidney, then you have a lot more in common, im sure she wont mind.

I did have a message today from TLA and wanted us to share the information below:

With the presell process we are again seeing a number of E-bay sellers cropping up that do not have access to the Elite 2019 release in any sort of quantity. In previous years we have seen many disappointed customers who have placed orders with these e-bay sellers and have never received the goods.

As much as TLA would like to help these effected customers we cannot which has resulted in some customers loosing there money and having to go through a lengthy claim process with E-bay or being significantly short delivered by the reseller. The net result is we end up with a very disappointed collector base.

Therefore we are working closely with our Authorised dealers during the pre-sell process and will ensure that our dealers have sufficient product to meet all their orders.

TLA will advised E-bay of this issue and will work closely with E-bay to monitor behaviour.

We would like to encourage all Oz Card members to work with your local TLA Approved Resellers when purchasing NRL Trading cards releases.

On another note; Newsagent distribution of the Elite releases is normally very narrow, we preapproved each newsagent stocking the product and we ensure that no newsagent every receives a sealed case of product.

We only distribute to newsagents on a per box basis.

The understanding with newsagents is that they received one box of Elite 2019 per store once the newsagent has sold that box a second box is delivered. So I would like make it clear we do not deliver bulk product into newsagents we never have and we never will deliver sealed cases to this channel of distribution.

On the one box of elite per newsagent,last year i was able to buy 2 boxes at the same time from a newsagent which i have been dealing with for years.On top of that he always gives me 10% discount.Also with the traders,maybe this is different,but there is another newsagency near me with 4 opened boxes on display forsale. :)

I did have a message today from TLA and wanted us to share the information below:

With the presell process we are again seeing a number of E-bay sellers cropping up that do not have access to the Elite 2019 release in any sort of quantity. In previous years we have seen many disappointed customers who have placed orders with these e-bay sellers and have never received the goods.

As much as TLA would like to help these effected customers we cannot which has resulted in some customers loosing there money and having to go through a lengthy claim process with E-bay or being significantly short delivered by the reseller. The net result is we end up with a very disappointed collector base.

Therefore we are working closely with our Authorised dealers during the pre-sell process and will ensure that our dealers have sufficient product to meet all their orders.

TLA will advised E-bay of this issue and will work closely with E-bay to monitor behaviour.

We would like to encourage all Oz Card members to work with your local TLA Approved Resellers when purchasing NRL Trading cards releases.

On another note; Newsagent distribution of the Elite releases is normally very narrow, we preapproved each newsagent stocking the product and we ensure that no newsagent every receives a sealed case of product.

We only distribute to newsagents on a per box basis.

The understanding with newsagents is that they received one box of Elite 2019 per store once the newsagent has sold that box a second box is delivered. So I would like make it clear we do not deliver bulk product into newsagents we never have and we never will deliver sealed cases to this channel of distribution.
What’s the idea behind only giving them one box at a time ?

What’s the idea behind only giving them one box at a time ?
To stop newsagents opening stock until they find a good card, then selling the rest of the packets and misleading customers that they’re a chance of a big hit. Some newsagents in the past have had low end inserts or commons on display and for sale - basically these newsagents are selling a searched box.

To stop newsagents opening stock until they find a good card, then selling the rest of the packets and misleading customers that they’re a chance of a big hit. Some newsagents in the past have had low end inserts or commons on display and for sale - basically these newsagents are selling a searched box.
Makes sense . 99% of newsagents in Sydney are run by elderly Asian ladies so probably wouldn’t be so much of an issue here now?. I remember growing up when basketball cards were the rage that a local newsagents son had a counter with basketball cards for sale but haven’t seen anything like that for years .

On the one box of elite per newsagent,last year i was able to buy 2 boxes at the same time from a newsagent which i have been dealing with for years.On top of that he always gives me 10% discount.Also with the traders,maybe this is different,but there is another newsagency near me with 4 opened boxes on display forsale. :)

If the Newsagent has an account with Ikon Collectables they can also purchase cases of Elite which by passes Gordon and Gotch .....

Those cases also have a case card .....

So is the spotlight concept going to accumulate 8 clubs whom won't be getting the Guernsey concept this year?

Similar to the structure of AFL releases comprising half the comp getting Guernsey concept one year and a consolation high end concept for remaining clubs missing out on the top end in first year then corresponding opposite clubs the following year?

If the Newsagent has an account with Ikon Collectables they can also purchase cases of Elite which by passes Gordon and Gotch .....

I know @Hills_News used to get stock from Ikon and also boxes sent out from Gordon & Gotch.

So basically the statement TLA put out is false lol

@Matt26

Cheers mate.

This is 100% accurate. Our store gets stock from Gordon & Gotch, Ikon and also Diggaz.

Unfortunately due to the decline in sales (and the fact that I no longer try to compete on an individual card level) has seen us rely mainly on the G&G supply.

When I was purchasing large qty's it was always done with Ikon or Diggaz. Now that we struggle to go through a case G&G is the easiest solution.

That being said we are ordering some stock from Ikon for Elite. And I'd be happy to increase that order if anyone wanted stock from me.
(If I had enough for a case I would raffle off the case card)

And NO, I won't let you stand at my counter with a scale and weigh the packs :D

NOR am I a elderly asian lady! :D

Mark.

Back
Top Bottom