2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manlys Salary Cap Penalty has been handed down

The Manly Sea Eagles will have to play $330,000 under the cap for 2018 and 2019

• Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett will get an official warning

• Bob Fulton will not be allowed to continue as a Kangaroos selector

• Roosters CEO Joe Kelly, the former Manly boss, has been suspended for nine months

• Manly Sea Eagles chief operating officer Neil Bare has been suspended for 12 months

• Manly has been fined $750,000, with $250,000 suspended if the club undertakes appropriate governance changes to ensure there is no repeat of the breaches

and "unlike Parramatta" they are salary cap compliant for the 2018 season so will not be deducted any points for the breach....

Manlys Salary Cap Penalty has been handed down

The Manly Sea Eagles will have to play $330,000 under the cap for 2018 and 2019

• Sea Eagles coach Trent Barrett will get an official warning

• Bob Fulton will not be allowed to continue as a Kangaroos selector

• Roosters CEO Joe Kelly, the former Manly boss, has been suspended for nine months

• Manly Sea Eagles chief operating officer Neil Bare has been suspended for 12 months

• Manly has been fined $750,000, with $250,000 suspended if the club undertakes appropriate governance changes to ensure there is no repeat of the breaches

and "unlike Parramatta" they are salary cap compliant for the 2018 season so will not be deducted any points for the breach....
should be more.

What is it with the NRL salary cap system that things like this keep happening. You pretty much never hear of it happening with other sports that have caps.

I think we have these cap issues because the TPA’s are not transparent and some teams have an advantage in this area.
I think Manly should be banned from the comp for the rest of the year, they have ben doing it since the seventies, where did the silvertails come from, manly buying all the good players in the comp, and every where else, and they still could not win the comps back then, because the players just wanted the money.

I think Manly should be banned from the comp for the rest of the year, they have ben doing it since the seventies, where did the silvertails come from, manly buying all the good players in the comp, and every where else, and they still could not win the comps back then, because the players just wanted the money.
As a storm fan.... it’s a slap on the wrist lol

James Graham was a good buy and Dufty looks like he’s got a good future . Noticed a few storm style inside balls , although probably don’t wanna gauge them on the Titans. Not really a yard stick , more a broken tape measure lol

Too true weve been here before and it all ended it tears, lets hope there's no dejavu

As a storm fan.... it’s a slap on the wrist lol
I agree the punishments don't seem consistent.

The only thing that hurts the clubs is points, you've got to deduct points.

Ross

Too true weve been here before and it all ended it tears, lets hope there's no dejavu

I agree the punishments don't seem consistent.

The only thing that hurts the clubs is points, you've got to deduct points.

Ross
3/3 it’s definitely the start you want . These are the wins that really help come origin and when finalising the order of the 8 . They look like they’ve had a good pre season the way they are gelling so early . As much as it hurts to say lol . Up up

I'm glad they have named Bozo in all this.

I would like them to come out and admit Walkers Origin debut was a sweetner for signing with them!!

as great as the historical Womens League announcment was i must say i am disapointed that Cronulla Missed out on a franchise, having watched a few of the games last year and with everything the club has pushed for in the Womans Division over the last two years to hosting the World Cub and the Success the Girls team is having at the moment it feels like a great big snub.

as great as the historical Womens League announcment was i must say i am disapointed that Cronulla Missed out on a franchise, having watched a few of the games last year and with everything the club has pushed for in the Womans Division over the last two years to hosting the World Cub and the Success the Girls team is having at the moment it feels like a great big snub.

Seems like they are short 2 teams to make it a proper competition.

Im suprised the Sharks weren't in there? Also Penrith won the comp last year, not sure why they missed out as well.

Im suprised the Sharks weren't in there? Also Penrith won the comp last year, not sure why they missed out as well.

i believe penrith didnt put a bid in for a franchise

Sharks and Souths both "missed out" and both would of been a better option over Roosters

I think it will struggle with crowds/viewers anyway ,and by diluting the limited amount of quality players would probably damage it before it’s really started ? If they could only get 12k to the Storm v Cowboys with 3 of the best players ever ,I think that is a worry in itself. I think 4 is plenty , especially the way they have spread them out ? Women’s sport has and will always struggle with tv numbers and that’s what matters unfortunately for them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom