2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initially I said Roberts contributed. I also said I think the blocking needs to go. Exaggerating the situation doesn’t strengthen your argument. It also doesn’t change the fact Moylan was never catching that ball due to his positioning - regardless of Roberts’ involvement.
We must be watching something different mate ?? All good. I’ve just watched it 20 times and I would bet my house that if Roberts wasn’t there he lands on his feet and probably runs through and scores?Also noticed Roberts hit Moylan with a elbow to the back ??? What’s doing there haha

Chris Heighington retiring at season's end.

300+ games in the modern era.

That's like 600 games in the old scale (Clyde, Coote, McCarthy, Provan...)

Not sure what you mean by 600 in the old scale? I would have said with over a third of his games off the bench it would be more like 150 games in the old scale.

Great Club man from all reports but a plodder IMO

Regards
Ross

Not sure what you mean by 600 in the old scale? I would have said with over a third of his games off the bench it would be more like 150 games in the old scale.

Great Club man from all reports but a plodder IMO

Regards
Ross

Clumsy attempt at humour at one of the best 40 minute players in the modern age.

I didn't think it was quite fair either when he had a pot shot at Hindy on Fox when he over took him for "games" played. As I remember it, Hindy was closer to an 80 minute player a lot of the time. I might have a hazy memory though.

Anyway...good on Heino. Two Premierships...pretty good for a plodder. :)

Great idea for a new signature series!!

Plodders!!

Name your clubs best in the NRL era.

I will say Dane Tilse for Canberra!!

Tough one, what should the criteria be?

Maybe Rory O'Brien although didn't play a lot of NRL or David Gower / Andrew Hart / Colin Ward.

Cheers
Ross

Now that Matt's Checchin out, I hope the Kents of the Rugby League world are happy.
All i can say is what is wrong with people and sending death threats not only to him but his whole family just disgraceful. Shame he was my preferred referee to watch.

Don't get me wrong, I bag a ref with the best of them.

But yeah - death threats, hanging over the fence hurling abuse...

This year has been disgusting.

The RL media - esp Kent, Ikin and Rothfield have been particularly vitriolic, vindictive and scathing. They've rubbished everything else about RL and decided to go the refs when they actually began to tidy up the s*** in the game.

I think the last straw was Flangan being a hypocrite all within about 3 days of each other.

Anyway. No refs, no game...

Don't get me wrong, I bag a ref with the best of them.

But yeah - death threats, hanging over the fence hurling abuse...

This year has been disgusting.

The RL media - esp Kent, Ikin and Rothfield have been particularly vitriolic, vindictive and scathing. They've rubbished everything else about RL and decided to go the refs when they actually began to tidy up the s*** in the game.

I think the last straw was Flangan being a hypocrite all within about 3 days of each other.

Anyway. No refs, no game...
couldn't have said it better myself. It would also help if the commentators stopped rilling fans up with the way they bag out refs, one minute they will whinge about something not being called then backflip on it when the refs are calling it. need fresh blood in the commentators box.

I hate players who get up and lie about scoring. They celebrate or "Oh...I just don't know..."

What about last night? Darius Boyd fails to score a plum sitter. Don't see ref getting stuck in to him.

But then for the rest of game...arms outstretched "oh come on ref".

It s***s me to tears.

I hate players who get up and lie about scoring. They celebrate or "Oh...I just don't know..."

What about last night? Darius Boyd fails to score a plum sitter. Don't see ref getting stuck in to him.

But then for the rest of game...arms outstretched "oh come on ref".

It s***s me to tears.
My tip is he wanted a bit of Jazz hand attention before he moves to England and refs in the super league lol. Highly doubt anyone would actually try and kill Matt Checchin hahaha.2 pages back plenty on here were bagging the refs ?? Been going on forever and always will . People just have thinner skin these days .
If the commentators backed every call that was wrong people would call them sellouts, as I said 2 pages back , you win some calls you lose some .Its a tough job but there are a lot tougher on less money .

Its footy how anyone can come to the conclusion that they need to threaten an official and their family is cowardly and beyond my understanding. Having a rant at the game or booing is just part of the game day experience to get your side an advantage.

I believe the referees were doing a good job clearing up the ruck, play the ball and 10 metres because it had become an absolute joke. There were a lot of penalties early in the season but it had to happen as it was the most complained about area of the game.

I go to a fair few games each year and the crackdown was working. The teams who picked up on it early rather than fight it had an advantage and the games I watched were better and as the season progressed the penalties were decreasing each game. Not because of a softening of their stance but a recognition from teams that they cant get away with it.

if it wasn't then for out of touch dinosaurs like Phil Rothfield and a CEO sending mixed "nit picking"" messages and constantly bagging rather than applauding the crackdown peoples impressions would have been managed and long term the game would improve.

As for the bunker still making howlers well that needs its own seperate thread.

Ross

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom