2019 Official NRL Thread (Spoilers/Rumours/Game Results/Discussions etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nrl came up and said the refs screwed up.. again

And for the second time in 3 weeks a naughty referee has been demoted to ref the Warriors aka one of the 'lesser teams.' (the official NRL words are 'assigned to a lower-profile match).' It would be quite nice if the NRL would hide its favouritism from time to time. I love Isaac Luke's tweet asking the NRL to uppercut itself though. I hope someone from the Titans says something similar.

That and sitting through the Raiders vs Cowboys a couple of weeks ago with the commentators not going two minutes before, during and after the game without talking about how the Warriors would be hunted down by the Raiders and lose their top eight position despite the Warriors sharing the same points as three other sides (who couldn't possibly miss the eight) and being the same amount of points away from 1st position as they were away from the Raiders.

Granted, the Warriors have a history of collapsing etc, but it would be nice to have a bit more balance. There seems to be a bit of a boy's club in the NRL, which isn't new I suppose. Noticing we are having a recent former player of the opposition commentating in most games at the moment too. The current top four strikes me as exactly the top four the top brass would like. I wonder how much love the NRL will give North Queensland in post Thurston days.

Sharks had plenty of chances and if Chad Townsend stopped aiming for the posts instead of the black dot we might be right. They blew it themselves :mad:
Yeah mate they had a lot of chances. It was a combo of chad having a shocker, refs and how we played . Though the refs and nrl need to wake up it’s getting more common these days

Maybe the one for tackling in the air which he was going for the ball ?Sharks should of won but they didn’t aaarrrrggghhh hahaha
I’d say Moylan was hardly making a genuine attempt at the ball. He was 6 inches off the ground compared to Isaako’s feet being probably two foot in the air. It’s quite common though where players look at the ball to pretend like they are ‘going for the catch’, yet realistically they are almost zero chance of catching it and are purely attempting to put the other catcher off. No dramas with this if they avoid contact, but unfortunately for Moylan, he didn’t. Roberts didn’t help things and I’d personally like to see all blocking removed from the game.

And for the second time in 3 weeks a naughty referee has been demoted to ref the Warriors aka one of the 'lesser teams.' (the official NRL words are 'assigned to a lower-profile match).' It would be quite nice if the NRL would hide its favouritism from time to time. I love Isaac Luke's tweet asking the NRL to uppercut itself though. I hope someone from the Titans says something similar.

That and sitting through the Raiders vs Cowboys a couple of weeks ago with the commentators not going two minutes before, during and after the game without talking about how the Warriors would be hunted down by the Raiders and lose their top eight position despite the Warriors sharing the same points as three other sides (who couldn't possibly miss the eight) and being the same amount of points away from 1st position as they were away from the Raiders.

Granted, the Warriors have a history of collapsing etc, but it would be nice to have a bit more balance. There seems to be a bit of a boy's club in the NRL, which isn't new I suppose. Noticing we are having a recent former player of the opposition commentating in most games at the moment too. The current top four strikes me as exactly the top four the top brass would like. I wonder how much love the NRL will give North Queensland in post Thurston days.
Yeah but those fox games with the kiwi commentators do exactly the same lol biased as bro hahaha

Yeah mate they had a lot of chances. It was a combo of chad having a shocker, refs and how we played . Though the refs and nrl need to wake up it’s getting more common these days
I don’t really worry about the refs , you win some calls and you lose some . Over the course of a season it will balance out . How many teams have played well enough over the whole season, made the semis then the grand final all with dodgy ref calls?? None .Just as Ricky Stuart whinging every week it’s the refs fault they are losing, Flanno will try it this week . They do it to take the heat off the players , but just the same as last week the better team won !! Sharks didn’t deserve the win last night , simple as that .

I’d say Moylan was hardly making a genuine attempt at the ball. He was 6 inches off the ground compared to Isaako’s feet being probably two foot in the air. It’s quite common though where players look at the ball to pretend like they are ‘going for the catch’, yet realistically they are almost zero chance of catching it and are purely attempting to put the other catcher off. No dramas with this if they avoid contact, but unfortunately for Moylan, he didn’t. Roberts didn’t help things and I’d personally like to see all blocking removed from the game.
Must of been watching with maroon coloured glasses lol. I agree majority of the time they pretend they are only going for the ball but think that one was different??

Must of been watching with maroon coloured glasses lol. I agree majority of the time they pretend they are only going for the ball but think that one was different??
Likewise, you think this one is different because it was the Sharks. The ball was caught at least a foot above where Moylan’s hands were.

Likewise, you think this one is different because it was the Sharks. The ball was caught at least a foot above where Moylan’s hands were.
Nah , I watched it a few times and without biase I truly believe he was going for the ball . In saying that the broncos deserved the win and don’t believe that was the reason we lost .

I’m not doubting that he was going for the ball. But the reality is with the position he was in compared to Isaako, he was never going to catch the ball. Therefore, essentially took his legs out. If that happened to a player on any team, their fans would expect a penalty.

Yesterday was the 28th...

20180729_092112.jpg

Initially I said Roberts contributed. I also said I think the blocking needs to go. Exaggerating the situation doesn’t strengthen your argument. It also doesn’t change the fact Moylan was never catching that ball due to his positioning - regardless of Roberts’ involvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom