2017 Regal Football Greats of the Game

I was one of those collectors crying out for patch cards. Select let me down. They just do what they have to for the money and their jobs.
As i think stated previously, and imo they lack imagination and just do what they have to.
When competition comes along and shows something that gets us excited, they come up with something to please and re focus us.
Good on Regal for something different and thinking of us collectors. Checklist or not im keen for these because of their originality and supporting the little guy.
Each to their own.
Im sure the photos here do no justice on the products quality as we've seen that happen before.

I was one of those collectors crying out for patch cards. Select let me down.
Yep, would love to get my hands on a Michael Hurley Guernsey patch card from Certified, but need to buy 6 boxes on average just to get a patch card, 12 boxes for an auto patch. And knowing my luck, it won't be Hurls.

I guess that's nature of collecting though.

got to give credit for having a go , but apart from the capper which looks great the rest are a bit average for mine , and the 140 price is gonna make me not get any , and with future force out on the week of the 20th and all the things that will be in it and I mean it is jam packed when people hear what is the go there they will freak out ill stick my money into that I think
Nothing is exciting me more then "greats of the game" atm. How can select beat signings of those who hav'nt signed before. I mean these past players are exactly that, past, so for me, grabbing some of these cards is already a piece of history.......no one can beat this now as its here in all its original glory,someone will just try to out do this mob but for us old school collectors, these cards will be worth their weight in gold so to speak because of them being "firsts" to have some of these sigs

I was one of those collectors crying out for patch cards. Select let me down. They just do what they have to for the money and their jobs.
As i think stated previously, and imo they lack imagination and just do what they have to.
When competition comes along and shows something that gets us excited, they come up with something to please and re focus us.
Good on Regal for something different and thinking of us collectors. Checklist or not im keen for these because of their originality and supporting the little guy.
Each to their own.
Im sure the photos here do no justice on the products quality as we've seen that happen before.

TBH I doubt they were really thinking about the collectors, more the $$$ side of things. Again, each to their own.

As for trade price only being available to selected distributors, I can guarantee you there are a fair few getting these at wholesale. Not sure how this will hold it value, the whole trading market barely holds any value atm, I can't see bootleg cards doing so.

TBH I doubt they were really thinking about the collectors, more the $$$ side of things. Again, each to their own.

As for trade price only being available to selected distributors, I can guarantee you there are a fair few getting these at wholesale. Not sure how this will hold it value, the whole trading market barely holds any value atm, I can't see bootleg cards doing so.
Yes each to their own. These guys arnt select, I'm sure they have had to do or go through alot more to get this collection together for us collectors so logically one would expect a higher price......suppose it just goes back to individuality and what you like collecting and why regardless of price.
I like having this option. Something new and different.

Yes each to their own. These guys arnt select, I'm sure they have had to do or go through alot more to get this collection together for us collectors so logically one would expect a higher price......suppose it just goes back to individuality and what you like collecting and why regardless of price.
I like having this option. Something new and different.

Shouldn't be a higher price as there would be no big licence fees like Select would have to pay. And retired players, great or not, would ask less money to sign than a current player i would assume.

Shouldn't be a higher price as there would be no big licence fees like Select would have to pay. And retired players, great or not, would ask less money to sign than a current player i would assume.
I have been involved in a signing with Royce hart $10 per card is what he charged, not sure what others charge I know ablett snr charges a house repayment lol

And retired players, great or not, would ask less money to sign than a current player i would assume.
I've always wondered what the going rate is for current players and past greats to sign cards for released products.
Would it be a flat fee, or paid per sig.
Either way, doubt signings would take much longer than 30 mins, so it's decent money for the time they spend doing it.

Edit : since posting have notice 2 guys answer my query partly. Thanks guys

These were done up this year on the NRL side of things

Trusted long serving member of the cards community

I believe they are their first sig cards again and for 50 a pop you cant go wrong if you wanted to collect them

IMG_4099.PNG
IMG_4100.PNG
IMG_4101.PNG

I don't know the ins and outs of it all, still cant help but think a mob like select would have it all at their disposal. Your probably right, just thought the little guy would have to do more running around compared to someone already in the game

Hey BLOWN8 and hawks fans we have a card in the greats of our game series. Steve Malaxos, shown as number 8 from his days at claremont in the wafl, hence only 8 signature cards, played for Hawthorn in 1985 (guernsey number 10), playing 9 games and kicking 15 goals before moving onto west coast.
i am hoping for a bigger name hawk to show up in this release.
loadImg.php

Btw why the name change? When draft prospects were released it was under one name and now Regal? Are there more people involved but they keep silent? Makes you wonder why ;).

As for the name, sounds like a Burger joint.

Hey BLOWN8 and hawks fans we have a card in the greats of our game series. Steve Malaxos, shown as number 8 from his days at claremont in the wafl, hence only 8 signature cards, played for Hawthorn in 1985 (guernsey number 10), playing 9 games and kicking 15 goals before moving onto west coast.
i am hoping for a bigger name hawk to show up in this release.
loadImg.php

Yep i did notice that, but sadly not the big name Hawk i was hoping for lol. Hopefully something bit better and in Hawks colours too. Wouldn't mind a Chris Langford signature card, he's a great of the game and never had a signature card. Come to think of it the best card he's had was an All Aust card from 1995.

I am an avowed Select hater. Stopped with them after the 1996 series and never went back, except for Hall of Fame updates. As a result, Future Force holds no interest. The lack of a licence for Regal means nothing to me, though club colours and logos would be nice. Love the Capper enshrinements card and the Malthouse and Wanganeen sig cards, but not keen on a pre order until I see more names. Really hoping for more West Aussie legends and Eagles past players. But images of the cards seem to be getting leaked out quickly. At this rate, I reckon I will have enough info to make a pre order before mid November, if I decide there is enough in it for me.

Wanganeen cards look real nice. Shame he is in a Port jumper.
Still waiting for who the Essendon great is. I'm hoping for a Van Der Haar.

Back
Top Bottom