2017 Regal Football Greats of the Game

Ahhh the old Cosmo Kramer card!

Cosmo Kramer.jpg

It is a bit pricey but the cards do look quite good tbh! For someone that makes cards every so often, their design and ideas are way ahead of the mob doing the Cricket & A-League release :p.

Who knows, by the time we find out who the high profile signers are............ that price tag of $140 may seem like a steal!

I really like the idea of 4 cards per box. Just like the Draft Prospects which had 3 cards per box. It’s a very premium type of release. I personally don’t go much on opening 36 packs. Release is still 3ish weeks away, I’m sure a checklist will come at some stage before release, if your worried then just hold off and don’t pre order until you see a list, like I’m doing. I really am more just keen on any Hawks cards in the set so if it’s not a player I’m excited about them that might make my decision to buy or not pretty easy.

Without the Carlton logo that is a horrible looking card, not something I would collect, looks like it’s just been photoshopped out

26C2B3B1-EA72-4A93-B7CF-5E16AF61D3FD.jpeg

Without the Carlton logo that is a horrible looking card, not something I would collect, looks like it’s just been photoshopped out

26C2B3B1-EA72-4A93-B7CF-5E16AF61D3FD.jpeg

Yep agree, don’t like that card at all. Such a shame the AFL won’t give out dual or multiple licenses. Imagine a set like this with normal pictures and club and AFL logos. Would be epic. But that plain looking photoshopped jumper looks horrible.

As has been said before, the checklist will be the key to all this.
But already we know Royce Hart, John Beckwith, Kouta and Warwick Capper.
That's a very promising start.
I collect Essendon, so can't wait to see what player or players from EFC will feature.

So from where I am as a collector, I'd prefer to get a couple of boxes of this product rather than pay $220 for a box of Select and get the same old unimaginative stuff year after year.

As has been said before, the checklist will be the key to all this.
But already we know Royce Hart, John Beckwith, Kouta and Warwick Capper.
That's a very promising start.
I collect Essendon, so can't wait to see what player or players from EFC will feature.

So from where I am as a collector, I'd prefer to get a couple of boxes of this product rather than pay $220 for a box of Select and get the same old unimaginative stuff year after year.

I normally don't go in to bat for Select very often but the past couple of years have been a massive leap forward for them. For me, I'll just have to weigh up buying a couple of boxes or saving that money and buying what i want when they pop up for sale. I just think $140 a box is going to be pushing it for me.

Last edited:
That’s the problem with releases like this you think cards numbered to 25 would hold there value but these didn’t one sold on eBay the other day for $200, can’t see this release being any different if select release a card numbered to 25 they not only hold there value but go up, time will tell if these are the same
Can't remember the last time Select released anything as limited as 25.
Match Worn Guernsey Auto from this years Certified was numbered to 80
Certified sigs go up to 240
Draft Sigs have been as high as 400 from memory.
Brownlow Sigs from Honours were up to 200.

Some of the Select premium cards are really nice, but you have to buy a lot of boxes to get them. And they aren't as limited as 25.

I normally don't go in to bat for Select very often but the past couple of years have been a massive leaf forward for them. For me, I'll just have to weigh up buying a couple of boxes or saving that money and buying what i want when they pop up for sale. I just think $140 a box is going to be pushing it for me.
And that's a fair call.
I like the look of this new product.
I has actually got me excited. I can't remember the last time I got excited about a Select release.

Select have had a monopoly on AFL cards that in my opinion have left them pretty lazy when it comes to the product they release.
As you said earlier, how good would it be if the AFL gave out more than 1 license to produce cards.

Agree with BLOWN8 very ordinary common card and yes Select are getting some good sets together, and i don't like to say that either.:lol:
Here's a pic of kouta and crawf from a prior no approved afl series. scary how similar they are as this was a 1996 card.:hearts:
crawf & Kouta 001.jpg

Will be released pretty much same time as future force so where do you spend your money?
Collectors will do their research and decide what has more value for them and chose.

The sooner the checklists is released the more time we all have to digest what we are getting for our money.

l do like the idea of a top end product with new legend of the game signers. Warrick Capper brings back a few memories.

This release doesn't really inpsire me. Cards are a bit bland, that Koutoufides card looks like the photographer was visiting his cafe and took a photo of Kouta when he was delivery a tray of short blacks to the table.

Will wait for the checklist but kind of hoping no card I need to collect will be in it.

I wouldn't get too caught up with the Kouta card. I just saw it on FB, and it's an exclusive "giveaway" for customers who purchase this product through footycards.com

It may look a bit bland in that photo, but I like what I see with the other cards released so far.

I'll fully commit when I know which Essendon player or players are included.

Back
Top Bottom