2017 Regal Football Greats of the Game

They want a deposit of $50 per box before we have even seen a checklist. This set is completely new to collectors so I think it’s a bit rich asking for deposits at this stage.

Yep would tell them to stick it if that’s the case, who does that lol

Players getting released all over the place.

So far we have :

Royce Hart (Rich)
John Beckwith (Melb)
Anthony Koutoufides (Carl)
Warwick Capper (Sydney)
Gavin Wanganeen (Port)
Mick Malthouse (Rich / Coll)
Steve Malaxos (WCE)

It's not a bad start, but like everyone, I'm waiting for this checklist.

They want a deposit of $50 per box before we have even seen a checklist. This set is completely new to collectors so I think it’s a bit rich asking for deposits at this stage.
Do you think that is across the board, or only if you purchase from the South Australian retailer?

l personally don't find it a problem. Facebook pages ask for full payment upfront before a break. SCW is only asking for a deposit.

The release in very limited. Think back to prospects. Sold out very quickly!

This gives everyone a chance to buy a box at the retail price. A win for the little collectors.
To pay a deposit is standard for limited US released cards.

l personally don't find it a problem. Facebook pages ask for full payment upfront before a break. SCW is only asking for a deposit.

The release in very limited. Think back to prospects. Sold out very quickly!

This gives everyone a chance to buy a box at the retail price. A win for the little collectors.
To pay a deposit is standard for limited US released cards.

Difference between a box break on Facebook and this is people know exactly what they are paying for on a break. The boxes being busted are clearly stated. This is a brand new series, never before seen. Just my opinion, i understand not everyone will agree but that's fine by me. And Draft Prospects were $60 a box, this is over double that. Sellers have every right to ask for a deposit. just not too sure at this early stage that many will. Checklist is really needed in my opinion.

But don't get me wrong, i love the fact someone is attempting to dodge licencing red tape and bring out something that Select don't seem interested in doing. And as i said i might even be buying a couple myself, but just need more info as it's a brand new product and don't know a lot just yet.

got to give credit for having a go , but apart from the capper which looks great the rest are a bit average for mine , and the 140 price is gonna make me not get any , and with future force out on the week of the 20th and all the things that will be in it and I mean it is jam packed when people hear what is the go there they will freak out ill stick my money into that I think

got to give credit for having a go , but apart from the capper which looks great the rest are a bit average for mine , and the 140 price is gonna make me not get any , and with future force out on the week of the 20th and all the things that will be in it and I mean it is jam packed when people hear what is the go there they will freak out ill stick my money into that I think
I really liked the Beckwith card. I collect Essendon, but wouldn't be disappointed if I pulled the Beckwith.

As for this product vs Future Force, everyone is different. I'm a lot more excited for this new release. Future Force has never really grabbed me.

22729028_886278624859154_3831229545314721372_n.jpg

here are the pics of the links so everyone doesn't have to go looking.

22688668_1764484703584379_3435798879437820872_n.jpg

Also just to compare Draft Prospects and this release, collectors had been crying out for patch cards for years but Select didn't seem interested. Then along came Draft Prospects doing something extremely limited. Since then we have seen Future Force, patch cards and numbered signature cards and others as low as 80, 40 and even 30. So at the time Prospects was released it had something that had never been done, hence why it was so popular. This release isnt quite that same and can't really be compared.

$140 seems alot of money for a box but so did $60 for a box of prospects when it was released...... but then the value and collectability of prospects made the price tag more than reasonable.
from what detail has been released to date, it seems to be very similar.

hopefully we get a checklist soon.

I thought their moto was "For the Collector", asking for a deposit prior to the checklist being released doesn't really sound like their moto. It's more like "For our Wallets" with what they are doing. Why would they even do that? Maybe the checklist isn't that red hot?

November seem like a busy and expensive month. This, Prospects and other sports releases, all a month before Xmas too, wonder which way the collectors will go.

$140 seems alot of money for a box but so did $60 for a box of prospects when it was released...... but then the value and collectability of prospects made the price tag more than reasonable.
from what detail has been released to date, it seems to be very similar.

hopefully we get a checklist soon.
Another difference between this and Prospects for me, as much as I loved Prospects, it was a bit hit and miss. You could pull a Wingard, Coniglio or Brad Crouch, or just as much get a Hal Hunter or Josh Bootsma. And that's the issue with Future Force as well.
At least with this release, each card will be a past great. It seems like they have targeted players that haven't signed before, which I find interesting.

I can certainly live with the fact it's not licensed, because if we wait for Select, we'll be waiting forever (2011 Heritage series aside - which was nice but way over priced considering a lot of collectors collect individual teams)

Also just to compare Draft Prospects and this release, collectors had been crying out for patch cards for years but Select didn't seem interested. Then along came Draft Prospects doing something extremely limited. Since then we have seen Future Force, patch cards and numbered signature cards and others as low as 80, 40 and even 30. So at the time Prospects was released it had something that had never been done, hence why it was so popular. This release isnt quite that same and can't really be compared.
Interesting observation.
Draft Prospects did a lot things for the first time, and then Select followed suit.
I wonder if we can expect Select to bring out a past players series next year.

This set reminds me of the first NBA immaculate release. (Apologies to those who don't collect NBA cards).
Very different and high end. Alot of top heavy hits. Even the base cards fetch a premium price.

l will be getting at least a case to start with. for me the price justifies the hits.

From what l understand, unfortunately for the case/team shares sellers, there is no trade price. only selected distributors will get product at trade.

This is both good and bad.
Good because product won't be broken down just for resale and the value of the cards will hold a certain value.

Bad for the team collector who needs to chase the singles needed.

Back
Top Bottom