2017 elite jersey cards

troy titans douglas

Nrl Titans Collector
Real Name
Troy
The Titans loss is disappointing but a positive is we made the top 8 for the first time since 2010 and if the circumstances stay the same we should get a road to the finals jersey card in next years elite!

As Titans and Raiders are the only two teams in the finals not to have one yet, will there be 2 double ups or just the two?

There is a gaping hole in my PC from when the Roosters had back-to-back high end cards in 2002-03-04-05, so I'm a fan of sharing the love! But they painted themselves into a corner with the 'finals' focus of these cards.

I find it weird that the set is called "Road TO Finals", but the jerseys are from the finals and not the games leading up. Maybe they did that intentionally as a last resort just in case something like this happened? So we might have some Tigers and Warriors from the last 2 rounds to make up the rest of the set? Or maybe they will double up on some teams.

I would think a player would be alot less likely to give up a rep jersey than they would a regular season one.

Agree with @Matt26 and see no reason why you couldn't have a regular season game worn jersey card & include more teams. Who cares if it is a finals jersey as long as we get one.

Don't mind also if its not one per team, could do half a dozen one year & a different half a dozen the year after etc etc...

Was thinking about this a bit more (which means completest NRL Collectors would hate this idea), but imagine having a match jersey card from every team that had:

150 Jersey Cards
50 Signed Jersey cards
1/1 Team Logo Patch (like this years 1/1)
1/1 Tag Patch (from the front of the Jersey)

and.....

1/1 NRL Trophy Logo Patch.

I know collectors would hate me for mentioning this.....but it would add a lot more hits to the product!

Its just using the patch pieces in a better way and getting more out of them.

Cheers
Matt

I don't think we need to be limited to be just jerseys either you see all the different types of mem cards they release in the US, the options could expand with the nrl cards too,

imagine a grand final dual captains signature card with a piece of the ball
or 2016 leading tryscorer Suliasi Vunivalu signature with a piece of his boot
"A Head for the game" mem card series with a piece of head gear from assorted players
Sharp shooters series with kicking tee pieces..

could even use socks or shorts as well....

I would think a player would be alot less likely to give up a rep jersey than they would a regular season one.

Agree with @Matt26 and see no reason why you couldn't have a regular season game worn jersey card & include more teams. Who cares if it is a finals jersey as long as we get one.

Don't mind also if its not one per team, could do half a dozen one year & a different half a dozen the year after etc etc...

Now days teams carry two sets of jerseys for matches so i wouldn't be surprise if the second jersey is the one that gets cut up?

My thoughts on the "road to finals" is like a take off from "road to Wrestlemania"? TLA must have a wrestling fan in their creative team???

I don't think we need to be limited to be just jerseys either you see all the different types of mem cards they release in the US, the options could expand with the nrl cards too,

imagine a grand final dual captains signature card with a piece of the ball
or 2016 leading tryscorer Suliasi Vunivalu signature with a piece of his boot
"A Head for the game" mem card series with a piece of head gear from assorted players
Sharp shooters series with kicking tee pieces..

could even use socks or shorts as well....

I found a picture of a soccer card that Futera made with a ball patch a while ago (posed here somewhere). How cool would it be to cut a piece of the ball JT kicked the winning field goal from last yrs GF or a piece of the old leather ball that Michael O'Connor booted from the side line to win origin!!!

Imagine if ESP released a card like this for each team........ I think they would be popular!!!

NRL Logoman Moylan.jpg

Back
Top Bottom