2016 Select Footy Stars (Series 1)

Cheers Matty

Thanks for the run down. Sounds like I might have to give it a go. The big difference from Team Coach is that you can pay for cards which you can then use.

Can you remember roughly how much a decent player/card costs? So it looks like you need more than 20 players in one team to make it competitive

I pulled this from the select site
  1. 100 Coins$1.49
  2. 2,000 Coins$14.99
  3. 750 Coins$7.99
  4. 50,000 Coins$119.99
  5. 25,000 Coins$79.99
Thanks

Russ

Some of the digital captain signatures sold for at least 5,000 coins from memory - the "chase" cards had a limit you could sell them for, I think the captains were 1,000 coins. The common cards you could buy for bugger all and even the parallels you could pick up for a low price at times. It's a bit like anything though, with the number of users you will eventually find the right card at the right price.

Last year in the Dream Team app it allocated players to either defence, midfield or forward, with another smaller group of players classed as utilities. I think this was just to stop people filling the team with their captain signatures and just putting Gazza (for example) on a half-back flank if you couldn't fit him in your midfield! It goes without saying of course that the more digital cards you buy and physical cards you scan, the wider your choice of player is.

Awesome.... sounds like Select has some great prizes on offer. Better than Team Coach. I'm now looking forward to the app coming online.

has anyone thought about about select just numbering the brownlow predictors to 1 of 250 for every card?

Is this apps available on android or only for i-phones? Thanks

Although this may or may not change this year, the basic way it goes is:

With the Select App you buy packs of digital cards (9 cards per pack from memory) with virtual coins (which you actually purchase using your iTunes account etc). The cards are then dropped into the individual clubs that the players are from. Just like the physical cards, there are common cards and chase cards like Captains, New Faces, Great Moments (in the form of a video highlight), Parallels etc. If you have duplicates, you can either swap them for coins or sell them to other users (there is a "sale" section). This is where you can also buy digital cards you are after. You can also scan in cards from physical packs that you have bought.

The Dream Team part of the app operates (again this is only on last years' app) with the traditional six defender, six mids and six forwards. There were no subs etc last year, which of course was a bummer when someone was a late withdrawal and you got zero points for that player! The App used the official AFL dream team points scoring system. Certain digital and physical cards have an extra loading - eg for a captain signature digital card you would have got an extra 17% in player points for that player. The player you nominate as your weekly captain gets double points each week in the Dream Team so using a captain signature card (as I often did with Luke Hodge) can be very rewarding!

At the end of the day it's heaps of fun - even a halfwit like me did reasonably well :)

Is this apps available on android or only for i-phones? Thanks
From memory John I think it was only available on iPad/iPhone/iPod platforms via the iTunes app store. I seem to remember people with android platforms asking the question on Select's Facebook page and being disappointed with the response!

From memory John I think it was only available on iPad/iPhone/iPod platforms via the iTunes app store. I seem to remember people with android platforms asking the question on Select's Facebook page and being disappointed with the response!
thanks mate, appreciate the quick response.

just released on their facebook page.

10899971_10153303731617377_4565690385404594686_o.jpg

It is great to see Select get on the front foot and do something for collectors regarding the bonus set/suspended players. It would have been far easier for them to simply do nothing and claim that the CAS decision occurred too far "post-production" to do anything, but full credit here! :)

The Brownlow predictors do look good. Just hoping that card in hand looks like a series 2 insert and not a series 1 insert, know what I mean? I hope it's good card stock and the finish is as good as any series 2 insert.

I hope sellers don't set ridiculous prices for these cards, otherwise I won't touch them. I'll wait and pick them up next year.

I expect some players will be much higher sort after during the season and once the vote is over drop in price, however I think even post brownlow, you will still find some of the more popular clubs holding card value - where do people think the value will sit with these, for say a mid level player who is not a favourite for the brownlow? Im sort of expecting them around the $30-40 mark with some of the lower end players going for $20ish and favourites like Nat Fyfe, Gary Ablett topping out around $100. This is just me guessing tho, what do you guys think?

I reckon that's much to high. Yes the favourites will be sought after and up there but I can't see the lower to mid tiers being anymore than $20 by end of the year. Especially if numbered to 250 as suggested

@stormernumber1
I think your pretty close to the money on the lower end ones.
The more popular teams l think will be around the $40-$60 mark.
The mid range or outside chance players to win the brownlow would be $70 - $100 mark.
Your superstars eg Ablett, Fyfe, pendlebury l think would be $120 - $150.

Just my opinion.

I do not understand this company's product development.

The Predictor idea is good, but why they couldn't number this to like 50 or something I don't know.
Takes the fun out of everything when you know there'll be 248 other copies of the card (another thing I don't understand about Select; card number #001???), which is way too high.

I will relish the day when Select will do at least something similar to Panini. Stupid, 1:2 pack parallel cards should be replaced with 1:Box numbered parallels or something like that. Which is why I don't collect AFL anymore; with Panini & Upper Deck, I know there'll be lots of fun in my break, and lots of good hits. In Select, the best hit in a case is normally worth $20.

Back
Top Bottom