2014 South Africa vs Australia non-Official thread

Has Clarke ever enforced the follow on? His style of captaincy is completetly different to his predecessors, does Warne have anything to do with that?
They are very close friends. He tried to make a series of the ashes over in England and put Australia in positions where they had to really fight if they wanted to win, whichI believe set them up for the 5-0 thrashing out here. I want to see an innings and runs defeat :D

Spoke to soon about a follow on, doubt he would have done it anyway.

Chance for a follow on - do it do it do it!!!

Ahhh oh well come on Rogers and Warner!

Not bad at all!

14u7uqb.jpg

Last edited:
To end up with an average of almost 49 after 117 Tests almost exclusively as an opener is pretty bloody impressive.

Graeme Smith always struck me as one of those players who looked cumbersome and a walking LBW candidate but who every so often played the match-winning innings.

He was central to some of South Africa's most famous wins over the last decade - 90 off 55 balls in the famous ODI 434 chase against Australia, 154 not out vs England at Edgbaston in the fourth innings of the 2008 Test and 108 in the chase of 414 vs Australia in Perth just four months later.

He has carried himself really well in what must be a very difficult job given the quota system and the fact that cricket is forever competing with rugby in South Africa for crowd support. Comes across as not even the slightest bit up himself.

......and for Australia, the GREAT news is that the openers have already passed our score of 47 all out that we made in the second innings at Cape Town last time :)

What's the forecast? Anyone know? I can't see them getting out of this one unless it rains. I'm liking these guards of honour for retiring players as they walk out. Then Mitch clapped him off when he got him out, but had that look like who's next and Elgar got a you miss I hit ball and they are pretty much gone.

Not long to go now folks - 40 minutes in fact!

TV reports are suggesting Doolan to bat #3 (replacing Watson) and probably Marsh at #6, beating Hughes and Henriques to the spot.

I don't like the look of our batting line-up and think it will be up to Haddin AGAIN and then the bowlers AGAIN to keep us in the series. Our best chance is if Warner plays a couple of out-of-the-box innings and puts Graeme Smith on the defensive.

My tip is South Africa 2-0

:p

What's the forecast? Anyone know? I can't see them getting out of this one unless it rains. I'm liking these guards of honour for retiring players as they walk out. Then Mitch clapped him off when he got him out, but had that look like who's next and Elgar got a you miss I hit ball and they are pretty much gone.
Fine weather is the tip they won't get out of this one
It will be the first test series lost by s.a in 11 series I think
Comon Aussie it would be a great end to the summer

Their two most resilient batsmen of late, grinding away at 1.56 runs an offer...

South Africa have played into Australia's hands this morning. The golden rule is that if you aren't taking wickets, at least give yourselves enough opportunities to.

By patting back long hops and full tosses and playing out maiden after maiden, the new ball is now due immediately after lunch. Harris has rested for two hours and Johnson did so in the last half an hour before lunch.

Just a matter of time, I can see this being wrapped up either just before or just after tea.

This is getting to close for comfort, I keep thinking back to Perth

Back
Top Bottom