2014 South Africa vs Australia non-Official thread

3-23! Johnson giving it to them :)

Hell yeah, this needs more "mo"

MitchellJohnson_zps38bbdcc5.png

Mitchell Johnson's last eleven bowling innings in Tests: 44 wickets @ 13.30

Just an amazing effort - and to be fair, one that I never even imagined he was capable of!

Could it be that our top order is starting to fire together
And one big question I would like to ask have we seen the last of Watson I think he is out for the next test and with the top order scoring runs he may find it hard to get back in,have never being a big fan of watson for one reason he dosnt convert his starts to big scores and it happens where ever he bats in the order
Thoughts people?

Mitchell Johnson's last eleven bowling innings in Tests: 44 wickets @ 13.30

Just an amazing effort - and to be fair, one that I never even imagined he was capable of!
Pretty impressive figures and I am with you I never thought he could produce this,hats of to all the people around him,he is different person,I can't remember him bowling a bad ball all summer

Wow what a win I think s.a. Are shell shocked
Hats off to the bowlers but our batsmen set it up
Mitch Johnson is a freak what ever they did they ought to bottle it,who would of thought he would come back like this,and to think its only because our fast bowlers were breaking down like race horses
Bring on the second test!!!

Love how Graeme Smith says Mitchell was just getting tail enders.

Of his 12 wickets they were:

Graeme Smith twice
Petersen twice
Du Plessis twice
De Villiers twice
McLaren (apparently an 'all rounder' replacing Jacques) twice
Morkel
Peterson

That's 10 genuine bats.

Plus third worst defeat ever in South Africa.

Plus third best ever wicket haul against South Africa.

I think we are in a fair amount of strife at the moment - SA currently 5/300. Strange looking wicket, if it was a racetrack it would be graded "dead", a bizarre thing to see on day two of a Test match. However the worry is that if SA get 400+ they can control the game and put Australia under enormous pressure.

Australia need 448 to win.....

Sadly, I think SA will wrap it up today. There are 71 overs remaining in the day and I can see Steyn, Philander and Morkel running through us for under 200. They have looked a far calmer and better organised team in this Test.

Great start by the Aussies but Warner got done by a poor LBW decision. Yes he reviewed it and was still given out, but i think a ball from a spinner just clipping the leg stump is a poor decision. One of those where if he was given not out he'd have still been not out.

Back
Top Bottom