2014 South Africa vs Australia non-Official thread

Matty76

Banned User
Real Name
Matt Gartside
eBay User
matt2009g
Not long to go now folks - 40 minutes in fact!

TV reports are suggesting Doolan to bat #3 (replacing Watson) and probably Marsh at #6, beating Hughes and Henriques to the spot.

I don't like the look of our batting line-up and think it will be up to Haddin AGAIN and then the bowlers AGAIN to keep us in the series. Our best chance is if Warner plays a couple of out-of-the-box innings and puts Graeme Smith on the defensive.

My tip is South Africa 2-0

I cant wait Matty, been waiting a while for this series. 5-0 over England was a bit of hit and giggles but this will be the real test.

Mitch misfires and the team will follow suit. SA should go in to this series as favourites.

Should be a great test series my main worry is our top order we need a couple of them besides Clarke to stand up,I think our bowlers will hold there own,remember no Kallis which leaves a huge hole in s.a. team you don't just replace players like him.
1-1 for me in a tightly fought battle
Comon Aussie

Dug ourselves out of hole - 4-216 at the moment. Not that it really matters, especially when a 12 year old gets killed by his father at cricket training. :mad:

Great effort by Marsh! Great to see him back in the side and he's certainly paid the selectors back with this innings!

I humbly eat my words over the selection of Shaun Marsh :)

However, I can't see Alex Doolan playing for Australia again once Shane Watson returns - unless of course there is another injury.

Massive day today in the context of the series, we are now in a position to push for 450 and control the game.

Christ, I will say one thing though - the attendance was absolutely appalling! The atmosphere was more like a festival match than an international game.

I was wrong about Marsh.

Though I heard they picked him on 'gut feel'. LMAO!

And what's with the commentators bleating on about Steyn having diarrohea. Seriously, the guy either has a gut problem or they are looking for excuses from the 10th over. They said he was crook out here last summer too.

Great start,hopefully we can push on past 500 and let our bowlers go to work,there is a school of throught that g.smith didn't want to face our bowlers first up and that's why he batted

As Smith just gets his hundred and Marsh kicks on to hopefully 200 I think this is true

"I believe that the talk from the Aus camp before the Test about their attack being the best in the world paid off handsomely," opines OliverK. "It influenced G Smith to opt to bowl on a track he surely should have batted on." McLaren said yesterday that they went on the previous record at Centurion... but it's edging towards Hussain at Brisbane, Ponting at Edgbaston territory

Damn why did I speak Smith out :mad:

5/331 come on Haddin!

Thanks for that link!

Except currently they've lost the feed! Luckily have cricinfo open as well!

Haddin out, obviously confused by coming in to bat with australia in a good position

Last edited:
Good to know it's all good to be off the field for 75 mins then come straight on to bowl! Bulls***...
Yep..........it is no wonder Ian Chappell is so anti-Administrator, cricket keeps shooting itself in the foot with half-arsed rules. As Michael Holding said, you could basically fall arse up chasing a ball, have a two hour rest and then come on to bowl!

Back
Top Bottom