2014/15 EPL season thread. (SPOILERS)

I would take Depay over Sterling any day of the week. Mind you, I would love to have both in my team.

I'd take anyone over Sterling at this point.

:lol:

He said he wants t move back to where he grew up, I guess he's going back to Jamaica lol

By the looks of it, it could be Arsenal that get him and we may get Walcott :thumbsup:

:lol:

He said he wants t move back to where he grew up, I guess he's going back to Jamaica lol

By the looks of it, it could be Arsenal that get him and we may get Walcott :thumbsup:

Walcott won't be sold to anyone before his contract runs out. Last time around he took ages to re-sign, and I'm sure he wants to stay.
Also not sure Sterling is good enough for Arsenal.

Scott Hall's Survey Say's:

upload_2015-5-27_18-31-50.png

Man if we could get 40 million plus Walcott that would be the steal of the of the decade! Sterling is a 15 million player at best.

And I reckon Depay could get those 20 goals next season.

its pretty rare for a player (even a striker) to come in and get 20 goals in his first season, let alone a winger at his age...thats the kind of pressure that could ruin his development.

sterling will be way over-valued, like most englishmen. £25-30mill wouldnt shock me. not that hes worth that obviously.

Depay plays wing but like most players of his ilk they progress and end up up front , 22 goals in the Dutch league this season sums it up. He finished top of the scorers list in the Dutch league. Not bad for a kid. I won't be surprised if he nets 20+ goals next season. That said I don't expect him to come in and score goal after goal. But 20 goals or thereabouts is a realistic possibility. There's always pressure to perform, That's professional sport. What I know about Depay is that he is determined and that will do me just fine.

Depay plays wing but like most players of his ilk they progress and end up up front , 22 goals in the Dutch league this season sums it up. He finished top of the scorers list in the Dutch league. Not bad for a kid. I won't be surprised if he nets 20+ goals next season. That said I don't expect him to come in and score goal after goal. But 20 goals or thereabouts is a realistic possibility. There's always pressure to perform, That's professional sport. What I know about Depay is that he is determined and that will do me just fine.

the eredivisie aint england...
i guess it sounds like im trying to tear him down, but im not. hes talented and has a bright future. i just dont think its realistic to expect him to come in and dominate in his first season. if he gets 10 (epl only) i would call that a successful campaign. only 3 mids scored double digits in the epl this season and i rate all three much higher than depay (hazard, silva and sanchez).

Last edited:
I agree the EPL is a big step up. I'd be happy if he scores 10 league goals, I'm aiming for the stars though , which I think he will be.

a little late 'cause i havent been about, but why is gerrard leaving? it kinda ruins his legacy as a one team man. i could understand if he was going someplace where the football was solid, but a move to LA is obviously cash related...just seems weird?
anyone think the recent FIFA arrests will have any impact at all? personally, i doubt it.

Not sure why Gerrard is leaving. My opinion is he's only got a few years left in him and wants to experience a different culture without having to learn a different language. And he'll be well paid. I don't mind the American League, from what I've seen its ok.
I hope all those FIFA nobs go down. I've been suspicious of them for years.

Not sure why Gerrard is leaving. My opinion is he's only got a few years left in him and wants to experience a different culture without having to learn a different language. And he'll be well paid. I don't mind the American League, from what I've seen its ok.
I hope all those FIFA nobs go down. I've been suspicious of them for years.

yeah, i guess. maybe im putting too much stock into the whole 'one team man' thing.
whether he wants to experience different cultures or not, this move is all about the money. he could just retire and move if it was about the experience. or take on a coaching role. i highly doubt he needs the cash. 34 is a respectable age to bow out.
i wonder if anyone will flip on blatter and get him in trouble? that would be the first step in making any real change. this just seems like a show to convince us something is being done...

Back
Top Bottom