2014/15 EPL season thread. (SPOILERS)

Good season all in all. Chelsea are deserving champions. Looking forward to the of season, plenty of transfer gossip. Should be good.

I do worry about how we will go against Villa. Hull came out firing against us last year and we were very lucky! nonetheless up the gooners!
It's always a great game to watch especially when your team is playing in it. I think Arsenal will win because there a much better team than Aston Villa.

2-0 gunners.
not a bad season i guess. made even better by big sam leaving minutes after the final whistle!
final assessment? rodgers is over-rated. LVG is not the answer. wenger will never change. 'the special one' really is special.
koeman for manager of the year if jose doesnt get it. or has it been announced already?

2-0 gunners.
not a bad season i guess. made even better by big sam leaving minutes after the final whistle!
final assessment? rodgers is over-rated. LVG is not the answer. wenger will never change. 'the special one' really is special.
koeman for manager of the year if jose doesnt get it. or has it been announced already?
Hello stranger.
Yeah Jose or Koeman for manager of the year for me too. Alan Pardew did very well once he took over at Palace, so well done to him too. I've got no idea when the winner is announced.
Jose has already said the title defence will be hard but I guess that goes without saying. United will spend a bit. City will spend a bit too I suppose but not as much as United. Arsenal looked very good prior to there 1-1 draw at Old Trafford. I expect them to be up there next season.

Hello stranger.
Yeah Jose or Koeman for manager of the year for me too. Alan Pardew did very well once he took over at Palace, so well done to him too. I've got no idea when the winner is announced.
Jose has already said the title defence will be hard but I guess that goes without saying. United will spend a bit. City will spend a bit too I suppose but not as much as United. Arsenal looked very good prior to there 1-1 draw at Old Trafford. I expect them to be up there next season.

pearson had a great 2015 aswell.
jose is just being diplomatic. they were the only real consistent team all season. depending on transfers obviously, but i think arsenal actually looked like they were on the right track to make a push next season...altho ive thought that many, many, many times.

I wasn't that impressed with how United played this season. Falcao and Di Maria were the 2 world class players they brought in but both of them had terrible seasons. So much expectation was put on there shoulders and rightly so. Even though he didn't score the goals we all thought he would Falcao's attitude was great all season but I can't say the same for Di Maria. If Di Maria has another season like that , there is no way United will get anywhere near the £59 million they paid if they decided to sell him. RVP too had a below par season. Rooney was played in the midfield for large parts of the season and went 8 matches without a goal. At times I thought they wouldn't finish top 4. Everyone knows you need 1 or 2 players to get you 20 goals a season and I'm not even sure if United had one player reaching that number. Some positives I took away from United's season was: 1.Herrera looks a great player and easily the best signing. 2.Chris Smallings improvement. 3.Ashley Young never say die approach. 4.David De Gea world class keeping , saving United's skin so many times, well done on another great season. Please , bugger of Real Madrid! 5. Rojo is a great defender and a very good signing. 6.Mata is a fantastic team player and a quality depth player. Please don't sell him. 6. Overall to say we Didnt play eye catching football, we still got a top 4 finish and that was the target or at least I think so. As Louis said during his speech the team did play with spirit for most parts of the season. I thought United would finish top 4 pre season beginning but I wasn't expecting miracles.
I am way more excited about next season. Depay is one of the best young talents in the world and Van Gaal is like a father figure to him. Really excited to have him at United. Its exciting to see who else LVG brings in. Read in the gossip pages a little while ago that Thomas Müller has a great relationship with LVG. That would be awesome if that happened but he's contracted at Bayern until 2017 so I'm not overly optimistic about that. Just can't wait for the beginning of next season.

anyone who thought they should be fighting for the title was dreaming, deluded or just stirring. so yeah, i think top 4 was the goal. and they did that. but i also think that the majority of the cash LVG spent to get there was wasted.
de gea had a great season. mata also proved his worth. herrera wasnt used enough. the rest were all pretty disappointing in my opinion. especially failcow and ADM. even when RVP was fit he showed us hes a shadow of his former self.
youre right in that they needed a goal scorer. rooney got 14 (in all comps), which is kinda pathetic. yes, he played in the mid alot, but thats the managers problem. if youre using your top goalscorer as a holding mid then you need to re-evaluate. i think that its also linked to the way theyre playing. when youve got top players you dont need to be playing long ball tactics. its actually counter-productive to the skill youve got on the pitch.
as for depay, most coaches who have had him agree that hes talented, but still has a lot to learn before becoming a complete player. £25million for a 21 year old foreigner seems excessive. time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom