2014/15 A-league cards?

I think it was going to be every second year, one year soccer then the next year cricket is what it looked like to me when I last spoke with them.

I guess it's good for cricket fans with the world cup being here next year, however we do have the Asia cup here too, s could be slight chance of a release this year?

Heard around the traps that the last release did extremely poorly out in the market. Not surprised as the distribution was pretty poor, couldn't find them anywhere except the specialty places.

I emailed SE Products back in March asking about a release for 14/15, they said a decision has not been made but would be determined in July/August. They said they would email me back around this time. If I hear anything I'll drop it into here.

I'm hoping they do another release, 13/14 was good fun! Few changes to the release and a bigger focus on getting increased distribution and it could do quite well.

Heard around the traps that the last release did extremely poorly out in the market. Not surprised as the distribution was pretty poor, couldn't find them anywhere except the specialty places.

100% correct.....I remember hearing somewhere that out of 2000 cases (anyone confirm this is correct) that less than a quarter had been sold.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

No wonder. SE had no idea and just sold them to Wang and the Hobby. No newwstand distribution for the average punter which also braodens where the cards are available. Surely for a new release of a mainstream sport it must be readily available!

No wonder. SE had no idea and just sold them to Wang and the Hobby. No newwstand distribution for the average punter which also braodens where the cards are available. Surely for a new release of a mainstream sport it must be readily available!

Have to agree - distribution is at the forefront of why this release didn't work.

Price was also a bit of a concern. Understand economies of scale etc.etc. - but your not going to entice people to buy the product when its much more expensive then AFL & NRL releases.

Just my 2c...

First off those cards didn't look the best TBH, the signature cards were AWFUL! I remember saying this when it was first released and they were many on this site that didn't agree with me.

I wonder if their views have changed now :rolleyes:.

They were was supposed to be distributed to the newsagents, but something happened and they never were! This is what puzzles me the most.

Fantastic news! Hopefully this may mean another release for 2014/2015.

Would really like to see what ESP could do with the license (wishful thinking I know).

Lets hope not, ESP will only take it backwards.

If it's a new company I'm all for it!

Back
Top Bottom