2014/15 A-league cards?

You seem to be tempering expectations a bit there Matt?

Nah just realistic.....most releases can take anywhere up to 9 months to be planned printed and distributed.....I believe there has been a lot less time this time round.

Cheers
Matt

The promo card is out (bottom of this photo). Will have to go pick this up tomorrow!

BxtZwkkCcAAiO1W.jpg

I will hopefully have more to share when I meet with the new company tomorrow but expect the first release to be very similar to NRL Power Play (standard card size though) with 4 different types of insert cards.

- Up and coming players
- Stars
- Superstars
- Legends

This release will also have a a huge leaning towards technology as well.

Yet to be confirmed but very close to it, is that the cards will be 10 card packs with 26 packs in a retail box. No price as yet.

Stay tuned.

Cheers
Matt

Gee, it is a shame that Cricket Australia don't take a leaf out of this particular book.......cricket collectors just want SOMETHING to collect each summer that is card-related!

Morning everyone,

So here it is - Tim Cahill promo card.

An interesting design. Hoping they make a few tweaks to the design before release. The fonts used don't look amazing and without wanting to be too critical, it looks like they have been pulled straight from MS Paint.

Looks as if the release will definitely have more of a Team Coach/Power Play feel to it as @Matt26 made mentioned to above with the stats on each card.

PromoCard-Front_zpsb473519b.jpg

PromoCard-Back_zpseaf1f398.jpg

Last edited:
Designs look OK and you're right Chris the fonts definitely need a change.

I also dislike the ratings featured on the card (very kiddie feature), seems like a FIFA trading card game lol.

I also dislike the ratings featured on the card (very kiddie feature), seems like a FIFA trading card game lol.

Yeh I'm not a huge fan of it personally. I'm guessing they are trying to appeal to a broader market though then just hobby collectors.

Yeh I'm not a huge fan of it personally. I'm guessing they are trying to appeal to a broader market though then just hobby collectors.

Seems like they are going down that road, as long are there are sets for the collectors (sigs, limited release cards etc), everyone will be happy.

Sorry everyone totally missed this on the back cover of Four Four Two.

So RRP will be $3.99 - much more affordable then the last release.

PromoSheet_zpsfe397a26.jpg

Better shot of the cards...

Cards_zps6db58b52.jpg

Yes Select always $3.99. I have to question the RRP for a release aimed predominently at kids. I also have some quality concerns compared to their competitors (if the sample card is reflective of the final release). Team coach $2.99, Powerplay $2.99 etc. I'm not convinced outside of Team Coach that game style cards 'work' in Australia. No doubt however there will be massive improvements for future releases. Proof will be in the pudding as TapNplay evolve. They would have had a tough time in producing something so quickly.

Like many here, I'm not a fan of the interactive/ virtual cards, but I'm quite sure they have seen how successful Topps & Futera have been with these types of cards. Its a great way for company to make $$$.

Definitely looking forward to their next release and I'm very eager to see what they have install of cricket.

Back
Top Bottom