2012 Select AFL Series 1

Im thinking about these 1:72 cards. Im assuming that 1 of these cards gives you an entry into a draw for something.

If they release 25,000 boxes that is 12,500 prize cards. I cant see Select sending out 12,500 of something for every redeemed so it will be interesting to see what the prize is and how many of them that there is.

Im not bothering. Ill grab a Cats master set. Im happy they kept the rising star cards, just means I get an extra Duncan, Menzel and Christensen card

That's gonna be a big set to collect. That milestone set will be a hard one to collect - 74 cards.

What's the feeling on this redemption card? Its says instant win. I cant see Select sending out 12,500 individual prizes(assuming they make 25,000 boxes). That would cost them $30K in postage along with someone to send them all out. The dont want GU patch cards because they dont want to redeem them. Will be interesting to find out.

ha ha no draft rookies and no signatures. No wonder they were bagging Draft Prospects 2012. They dont even have a card that competes with that set. lol

ha ha no draft rookies and no signatures. No wonder they were bagging Draft Prospects 2012. They dont even have a card that competes with that set. lol

funny thing is collectors have said that the signatures in series 1 last year was the best thing in series 1 since 2006, and they even had a poll on their website which overwhelmingly supported more sigs in series 1. i know personally i brought more series 1 last year than the previous 4 years because of the sigs. just shows the respect Select have for the people who buy their crap.

funny thing is collectors have said that the signatures in series 1 last year was the best thing in series 1 since 2006, and they even had a poll on their website which overwhelmingly supported more sigs in series 1. i know personally i brought more series 1 last year than the previous 4 years because of the sigs. just shows the respect Select have for the people who buy their crap.

I agree completely. The way some on here were talking about this series Darren i had reasonable hopes that it was going to be a two horse race this year, but they just found Select to be lame and put a bullet in it's head before the starting gate. The Winner by default.......Draft Prospects 2012. :D

Interesting. Did Select decide not to include draft rookies in series 1 due to footycards producing the draft prospects, or are they planning to include something in series 2?

The poll is still up on their website, with an overwhelming 83% in favor of signature cards. :confused:

I'm the same. I'm still buying last years series 1 from my local servo. Don't need anymore cards, still having fun chasing a sig though. They have changed things up with some more variety this year it seems, and I'll reserve full judgement until we find out what the redemption cards are good for.

I like the Series 1 checklist. I think at times we forget that kids are allowed to collect cards too, which is seemingly who this years Series 1 is mostly aimed at. At least they have included some intersting inserts, the triple star card looks pretty impressive.

I like the Series 1 checklist. I think at times we forget that kids are allowed to collect cards too, which is seemingly who this years Series 1 is mostly aimed at. At least they have included some intersting inserts, the triple star card looks pretty impressive.

It is not us who have forgotten, in fact it is the other way around. I have no issue with making something affordable for kids but when you constantly ignore your regular buyer's requests and pleas, those who will still be collecting once the "kids" grow up and are no longer interested then you subject yourself to ridicule. If only the children as you put it buy Series one then Select would not be able to make Series two simply because 80% of kids prefer TeamCoach. As evidenced by Teamcoach selling out of boxes mid july last year and Select series one still available in the truckload. Why could they not make a rare card for Series one?. If they simply made a one in five boxes set or one in ten set hell they don't even need to put ink on it then it would be limited and therefore hold some value and be worth collecting. Producing them would not cost much because they would not even have to print many. But nooooooooo as you put it Series one is for kids. I'm sorry but they can't have their cake and eat it too.

I ALSO agree! Last year was one of the very FEW times I have bought a box of Series 1

Won't be buying any of this years if there are no Sigs.

They posted a picture of their cards being delivered.

I know there are logistics involved but if they have been delivered today why does it take another 3 weeks to get them to market?

418937_10150534987707377_199458322376_9025837_561458044_n.jpg

I have some information that may interest a few in reguards to the INSTANT WIN BONUS CARDS 1 ; 72 PACKETS ....

These redemption cards can redeem some of the 2011 THE SCREAMERS 3-D CARDS ...There are 12 in the set ....

Redemption Blue can redeem any 3 of the 12 cards at your choice ..

.Redemption RED can redeem a full set of 12 of the 2011 THE SCREAMERS 3-D CARDS .....

Also on the sheet was some information on the Laser Sticker set .....These were the words written ....

PLEASE NOTE ; THE GOLD CARD UNDERNEATH THE LASER STICKER IS DIFFERENT PLAYER`S CARD .....

Does that mean the player underneath the pealed sticker is different to the player on top ?????????

Back
Top Bottom