2012 NBA Draft Thread

I have never watched a draft or even followed them too closely. I usually just wait until its done and see who went where! lol

So, do the do the lottery draw, then makes their selections in one sitting? Or do they do the lottery, then go away a stew on it and come back another day to pick??

Lottery to determine draft order is to take place this Thursday (AUS time), while the actual draft is about a week after the end of season (not sure of exact date, but around end of June approx, will be on NBA site somewhere), so approximately 1 month after lottery has taken place.

Yeah, just found it! 28th June!

I thought they would have to do it seperately, I just didn't understand what the appeal was to watch ESPN and see a modified game of bingo?? lol

it only goes for bout half an hour before that days playoff game right? ive never watched one before so im really interested to see it

Good call Harsha, I think MKG will go 2 as well, however it may still depend on who lands that 2nd pick, as they may need a PF more than a SF, but when your picking that high in the draft, IMO you should always simply be drafting the best talent available and MKG is definitely in that category.

Just to warn you Harsha, the live Draft is not that exciting. It is good to see how the cards land in real time, but there is alot of sitting around chatting about upcoming players by the expert commentators, which is cool and all, but not unlike all the stuff that you can already read/view online about all the players. Having said that I am a sucker for an "in-depth analysis" of a players "pro's and con's" and also the player interview straight after they have been drafted is also pretty cool, some of them are so cool, some almost dumbstruck, and then theres the ones who rip out every basketball cliche they can in 50 seconds.

I'm the same. A lot of people don't find the draft interesting, but I myself really look forward to it, learning about the players and seeing what team picks who, draft day trades and all that. Some great fun!

I'm the same. A lot of people don't find the draft interesting, but I myself really look forward to it, learning about the players and seeing what team picks who, draft day trades and all that. Some great fun!

Absolutely agree! I am real keen for that too! Just not sure the lottery is going to be too interesting?? I will probably have a look though!
I really hope the Spurs can make a trade to get themselves a half decent pick though. I have a feeling they will need to move Blair on to get it though :(

Absolutely agree! I am real keen for that too! Just not sure the lottery is going to be too interesting?? I will probably have a look though!
I really hope the Spurs can make a trade to get themselves a half decent pick though. I have a feeling they will need to move Blair on to get it though :(

The "Lottery" itself only takes about 10 minutes, and you dont actually sit and watch the ping pong balls part of the process. Pretty much starts with each teams odds, then explanation of basic process, then they chat to lottery team representatives (Cavs owner Dan Gilbert's son Nick last year was GOLD - "Whats not to like?" = Priceless), and they quickly look at the Top 5-10 Prospects and then the order is read out. Whole program only takes about 30 minutes total, inbetween PreGame Show and Game 2. Well worth a look.

Def be watching!

Brooklyn has a 25.19% chance of a top 3 pick.

Hope those balls fall the Nets way!

Come On Cleveland!! :hearts:

Our Chances!

13.8% 1st Pick!
14.3% 2nd Pick!
14.5% 3rd Pick!
23.8% 4th Pick!
29% 5th Pick!
4.6% 6th Pick (Which is worst we can do in the Draft)

Back
Top Bottom