2011/12 Hyundai A-League Thread

Nice i usually try in front of the shed in most matches. Can't wait to our first night match to be honest, im quite sure its the next one against Sydney.

Who would have thought something as simple as a short passing game could render you almost unbeatable.

On one hand it's great for the A-Leauge because it's exciting football to watch and pressures the other team to hit that extra level but some people think it's might make the league look a little bit un-balanced.

I for one have nothing but praise for Ange Postecoglu in the way that he has once again taken a pretty much new side this season and shown that if you stick to a system it pays off.

On one hand it's great for the A-Leauge because it's exciting football to watch and pressures the other team to hit that extra level but some people think it's might make the league look a little bit un-balanced.

I for one have nothing but praise for Ange Postecoglu in the way that he has once again taken a pretty much new side this season and shown that if you stick to a system it pays off.

Very well said mate agree 100%

For example we have to beat the Mariners 10-0 today if we want to overtake Roar on goal difference :p

What happened to the Glory???? Tough road trip and a tough loss.
we played great for the first 25 minutes...not to take anything away from the Mariners i believe they did deserve a victory after some sloppy defense by us but....Simon should have got a second yellow for that handball before the goals.

Tough road trip for the Glory after a great start to the season. Go the Jets. Impressive. GVE making inroads already.

Great game by the lads last night, altho Leijer's disastrous season continues having a hand in both goals conceded.
Can take alot of confidence from that game tho, Archie back in form.

Another big crowd, i would shudder to think what the league would be like without us!

Great Great comeback by the Sky Blues. Boys played horrible all game and got lucky. Nicky Carle is the most overrated player in the A League and a waste of space on the pitch.

I always thought he was overrated when he played at the Jets but he has played pretty well this year. Better than Bridge and Emerton IMO

Yeah he has 3 goals. Misses a thousand passes a game and is pretty much found wanting for 90% of the game.

I personally don't think they guy has ever been to great of a player, but Australian fans seem to love players that fail overseas.

Goal difference in bold kind of tells the story after 5 rounds compared to the rest of the comp...lol

• [*]Club/Played/Wins/Draw/Loss/Goals Against/Goal Difference/Points
  • 1 BRIS 5 4 1 0 3 12 13
  • 2 NEW 5 3 0 2 7 0 9
  • 3 PER 5 3 0 2 5 0 9
  • 4 SYD 5 2 2 1 6 0 8
  • 5 CCM 5 2 1 2 5 0 7
  • 6 MV 5 1 3 1 4 0 6
  • 7 GCU 5 1 2 2 9 -2 5
  • 8 WEL 5 1 1 3 6 -1 4
  • 9 ADE 5 1 1 3 11 -7 4
  • 10 MH 5 0 3 2 7 -2 3

---------- Post added 07-11-2011 at 01:33 PM ----------

Nicky Carle is the most overrated player in the A League and a waste of space on the pitch.
lol couldnt agree more...

shane smeltz is the best the a-league has to offer. most consistent, did anyone catch his shot that hit the bar ? that was crazy

Back
Top Bottom