2007 AFL NAB Cup thread

justdabestcards

Banned User
Real Name
Justin
Well I probably won't be saying much in this thread after next week but thought I'd start one up anyway. The 2007 AFL season is nearly here!! :D West Coast face Freo first up and the feeling is that the dockers will be better prepared for this game and are expected to win, but i say don't write off the Eagles even if they will be Juddless. Embley won't play either and the dockers look like most of their big names are ready to go, including one Chris Tarrant who will surely be keen to impress.
With a little incentive to win this year, maybe good teams with a lot of depth will take this comp a bit more serious than in the past? Guess we will soon see.
I have tickets to next Sundays Freo v Eagles game and can't wait!
also have $20 on West Coast to win the NAB Cup @ $12, just for fun and out of loyalty :D

anyway, how do you think your team will go? here are the games....

Port Adelaide v Adelaide AAMI Stadium
Kangaroos v Collingwood Carrara
Western Bulldogs v Sydney Manuka Oval
Carlton v Essendon Telstra Dome
St Kilda v Brisbane Lions Cazaly Stadium
Geelong v Richmond Skilled Stadium
Melbourne v Hawthorn Telstra Dome
Fremantle v West Coast Subiaco

my tips at this stage are in bold.

my tips

Western Bulldogs v Sydney Manuka Oval (my tip for 2007 premiership)

Where is Cazaly stadium by the way???

Where is Cazaly stadium by the way???

Nice tips Matty. I agree the hawkers and tigers will trouble the dees and cats, could be great value with the bookies, especially the + points line option.
btw I think the stadium is in Cairns! :shock:

Nice tips Matty. I agree the hawkers and tigers will trouble the dees and cats, could be great value with the bookies, especially the + points line option.
btw I think the stadium is in Cairns! :shock:

I dont rate the "Pussies" at all this year...will struggle to get off the near the bottom of the ladder...

pussies :lol: that's the thing with the cats, now that everyone is off them, they will improve on last year for sure. how far they will go, i don't know but i can actually see them playing in September this year :shock:

Phhffttt.....No trouble here for the Dees....

Justin...I have gone with the same tips as you....:D

Good thread J :)

I am with you on the Eagles.......too many out at this stage so I will put my $$$ on the Dockers :lol:

My Tips are:

Port Adelaide v Adelaide
Kangaroos v Collingwood
Western Bulldogs v Sydney
Carlton v Essendon
St Kilda v Brisbane Lions
Geelong v Richmond
Melbourne v Hawthorn
Fremantle v West Coast

BTW - I got 3 x Sydney games at Telstra Stadium in Sydney for $35 !!!
Sydney v WCE
Sydney v Collingwood
Sydney v St Kilda

GREAT VALUE GUYS !!!

Car'n the Eagles !

Here is my logic.... Hawthorn will win... because they would then play in Launceston on March 3rd... when I will be in bloody SYdney for Mardi Gras *cursing* stupid trip..l... woudl rather stay home and watch the Hawks... they better lose!

Tips In Bold

Western Bulldogs v Sydney Manuka Oval

Head says Fremantle to win it all
Heart says Geelong Back to Back!

man NAB cup predictions are as hard to pick as the greyhounds. You got teams that dont even play their stars and dont give a crap about winning it. The teams that bow out first week are the ones u see in september, i mean Carlton and Geelong have won the last two. I know their is an incentive this year with the $1 million which is a good idea but still this comp is to warm the players legs up. BUT AFL IS BACK AND IM LOVING IT :D :D :D

yeah a comp sounds good guys.
in other news Kerr will be joining Embley and Judd on the sidelines this week against freo :(

I'd be keen for a free league and a money league too... maybe a $20 comp of some kind, either dream team or tipping or both :) anyone elso keen on a 20 buck league? I vote for Richo to be treasurer!

Back
Top Bottom