12-13 Playoffs - SPOILERS INSIDE

Did you watch today's game??
I watched the third where they pulled away and I knew it was over for Pacers. We all know Miami won 66 games for a reason, and they won 27 in a row for a reason, they ARE good. But you can't pick your spots to show up for games this late in the playoffs against a team that takes care of business from tip off. WHEN Miami feels like showing up, there's few teams that can withstand their offensive burst. If they were on form, I'd say, it's Miami for the repeat, but to sort of show up and be slack on possessions and rely on your talent to get you out of a double digit deficit is not going to happen in the Finals.

All i'm going to say is that i hope LeBron gets revenge for what the Spurs did to us in 07 Finals :p

Personally, I dislike the Heat because of Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem, Mario Chalmers etc. I like Lebron (now) and always liked Bosh. I can't stand the little gerbil faced bug eye that is Eric Spoelstra though!

The hatred isn't towards the team, it is towards those fans. The ones that are nowhere to be found all season, but when 'their team' is in the playoffs, the come charging in with the trash talk!

No different to the number of 'die hard' Pacers fans which seemed to have quadrupled overnight...:confused:

But seriously, most of the garbage is only from a handful of people on the other forums... hence why i dont really post much anywhere else. Its like arguing with monkeys.

Its really only here that u can have a reasonable and civil discussion...

As far as buying a championship.....

While every team has the 'right' to spend the same money, most don't have the ability. Only the big market teams/places can go over the salary cap. Like the Lakers, they pay well over the cap, cop the tax, then sell the rights to their TV games for 300 million a year. You can't tell me Charlotte, Cleveland or even the Spurs have that option?

Miami is up there too! Their big 3 took less than they would have hoped so they can team up to make a 'dynasty'. Regardless if there is more than 1 team out there doing it, it is still a case of buying the talent instead of producing it! ;)

With the exception of Lakers and Knicks, i cant think of any other team that has tv rights.
Without looking it up, im pretty sure Cleveland spent way over their salary during Lebrons time.

Unfortunately you will still need to 'buy' the player even after youve produced it... (see James Harden)
As much as OKC didnt want to go over the luxury tax, that trade to save money really set them back.

And as in the case of Indiana, they too are gonna have to buy Paul George, coz teams are gonna be more than happy to throw money at that kid...

I watched the third where they pulled away and I knew it was over for Pacers. We all know Miami won 66 games for a reason, and they won 27 in a row for a reason, they ARE good. But you can't pick your spots to show up for games this late in the playoffs against a team that takes care of business from tip off. WHEN Miami feels like showing up, there's few teams that can withstand their offensive burst. If they were on form, I'd say, it's Miami for the repeat, but to sort of show up and be slack on possessions and rely on your talent to get you out of a double digit deficit is not going to happen in the Finals.

All I can say is that they were SCARY GOOD today! Maybe they just needed Pacers to expose their flaws so they knew where to make the changes??

No different to the number of 'die hard' Pacers fans which seemed to have quadrupled overnight...:confused:

But seriously, most of the garbage is only from a handful of people on the other forums... hence why i dont really post much anywhere else. Its like arguing with monkeys.

Its really only here that u can have a reasonable and civil discussion...

With the exception of Lakers and Knicks, i cant think of any other team that has tv rights.
Without looking it up, im pretty sure Cleveland spent way over their salary during Lebrons time.

Unfortunately you will still need to 'buy' the player even after youve produced it... (see James Harden)
As much as OKC didnt want to go over the luxury tax, that trade to save money really set them back.

And as in the case of Indiana, they too are gonna have to buy Paul George, coz teams are gonna be more than happy to throw money at that kid...

It isn't just TV rights, it is branding deals and other sponsorships too! You will never get that opportunity in Charlotte, Toronto, Atlanta, Portland etc because no one wants to go play there. You can't tell me Lebron doesn't get given nice cars by Nike because he is wearing their shoes? It doesn't have to be actual currency! ;)

All I can say is that they were SCARY GOOD today! Maybe they just needed Pacers to expose their flaws so they knew where to make the changes??
They need a kick up their ar$e more like it. You look at the teams that they struggled with during their winning streak and the teams that they struggled with most were the bottom dwellers. They just go ho-hum, play awful basketball, jog up on defense, keep chucking up 25 footers, until they go, oh damn guys, I forgot we were playing a NBA game! Okay let's go!

They need a kick up their ar$e more like it. You look at the teams that they struggled with during their winning streak and the teams that they struggled with most were the bottom dwellers. They just go ho-hum, play awful basketball, jog up on defense, keep chucking up 25 footers, until they go, oh damn guys, I forgot we were playing a NBA game! Okay let's go!

But who is going to listen to Eric Spoelstra?? Little weasel! If he kicked my up the a$$ I would kick him back! lol

So you based your assumption on the spurs winning the series in 5 based on what you saw in the 3rd quarter??

So ill fill you in... Yes they were in form. All game. And they beat the $#!T out of the Pacers.

Wow that Miami D was no joke. Shut Hibbert and George right out from the get go.
Pretty sure Miami have been playing a cruel joke on the Pacers and their fans making them believe they had a chance, that was a brutal was to go out in a game 7.

Dont care how much offence a team has it all starts on the defensive end. Wade and Ray came alive tonight off the back of solid no nonsense shutdown playoff D.

So you based your assumption on the spurs winning the series in 5 based on what you saw in the 3rd quarter??

So ill fill you in... Yes they were in form. All game. And they beat the $#!T out of the Pacers.
No I watched the 3rd quarter of G7 and all the other games 1 through 6 including the Spurs series. If I had based my assumption on future performance of Miami based on that 3rd quarter of G7 only, I would be predicting a sweep of the Spurs (duh).

No I watched the 3rd quarter of G7 and all the other games 1 through 6 including the Spurs series. If I had based my assumption on future performance of Miami based on that 3rd quarter of G7 only, I would be predicting a sweep of the Spurs (duh).

Yes but this aint the regular season. I have yet to see them play 'ho-hum' basketball during the playoffs.
Yes theyve had their struggles and Indiana really exposed their weakness.

But as someone said, in the playoffs its all about the matchups.
Hence why Golden State gave the Spurs a headache whilst they swept the Grizzlies.
And on paper, the Heat match up to the Spurs a lot better than they did against Indy.

Yes but this aint the regular season. I have yet to see them play 'ho-hum' basketball during the playoffs.

Hence why Golden State gave the Spurs a headache whilst they swept the Grizzlies.
And on paper, the Heat match up to the Spurs a lot better than they did against Indy.
That would be me regarding it being all about match ups. I know they match up poorly against Indiana, I said it. It's examples like Game 6, you can check my post to where it was early in the 3rd quarter, 2 possession game and I said that the Heat would lose by double digits. You can tell when a team is just on cruise control and are not playing as hard or as smart as they can.

Exactly right, playoffs are nearly 100% about the matchups, and the Pacers definitely did show where Miami's weaknesses are, primarily being a lack of interior defense for 48 minutes & a subpar half court offense. The Heat go through bursts where they force turnovers and create easy scoring opportunities for themselves (See Game 7 of ECF), but when they are forced to play mostly half court offense (See Game 6 of ECF) they struggle to hit 90 points. And this is where the Spurs come into it. Firstly I can see Tim Duncan having a field day down low against either Haslem (too tall) or Bosh (too strong). Also, where George Hill (not a pure PG) struggled against the Heat pressure, Tony Parker will not. I can see Parker scoring 40+ at least twice, maybe more during this series, as he will blow by Chalmers/Cole at will, creating either a layup for himself or a wide open 3 point shot for the Spurs shooters. And LeBron and Wade will not be able to play much help D like they could whilst playing against Lance Stephenson, as Green, Leonard and Manu will be wide open and are much better shooters than Stephenson and George.

I see the Spurs picking the Heat defense apart, getting high percentage shots most times down the floor, whilst keeping their turnovers to a minimum, both of which will keep Miami's fast break points down and forcing the Heat to have to play plenty of half court offense. Spurs in 6, winning it on their home court.

Back
Top Bottom