12-13 Playoffs - SPOILERS INSIDE

Just like the Clippers arena was empty except for the janitorial staff before the Blake show arrived? BTW, the Pacers are 25th out of 30 teams in terms of number of average crowd attendance last season. So, if attendance numbers go up after this season, would that be something to comment on? In America, it's simple, if you're winning, everybody loves you. Nobody wants to attend a Bobcats game simply because they are boring and don't win games.

Difference between not liking the way the team is playing and not knowing any players on the team! ;) lol

What do you mean?

I mean the fans of the Clippers and Bobcats know their teams, but just don't want to pay to go watch them get beaten every night.

A lot of the current Heat fans probably couldn't name any of the players on the team prior to 09 - like this lady for example:
images

Umm, a bit of a generalisation and I don't see how anyone would know this to be true but okay.

Umm, a bit of a generalisation and I don't see how anyone would know this to be true but okay.

It is not a 'bit of a generalisation'..... it is a blatant generalisation!

But it is ok, I am not having a dig at YOU in particular.

Have a read around more basketball forums than just this one and you will see what I mean. It is not a Heat specific problem, but an NBA problem, it just happens that the Heat are the team the wagon jumpers are on right now!The people that don't know bugger all about the game, start following a team once they get to the top and talk trash about the teams that build themselves into championship contenders instead of buying their way in!

It is not a 'bit of a generalisation'..... it is a blatant generalisation!

But it is ok, I am not having a dig at YOU in particular.

Have a read around more basketball forums than just this one and you will see what I mean. It is not a Heat specific problem, but an NBA problem, it just happens that the Heat are the team the wagon jumpers are on right now!The people that don't know bugger all about the game, start following a team once they get to the top and talk trash about the teams that build themselves into championship contenders instead of buying their way in!
all i can say is gOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO timmy and the spurs

I know what you mean tho Adam (regarding Heat 'fans' on other forums)
I can understand the dislike for a team because of its personnel.
But what I don't get is the people that spew hatred on a team because of its fan base.

And I've never understood this whole 'buying a championship' thing...
Every team has the right to spend the 'same' amount of money. Some teams just do it better than others

Spurs to win handily in this Finals unfortunately. Memphis is a better team than Indiana in my opinion, so Spurs will be wrapping it up in 5 games or at worst possibly 6.

Spurs to win handily in this Finals unfortunately. Memphis is a better team than Indiana in my opinion, so Spurs will be wrapping it up in 5 games or at worst possibly 6.

Wow. After today's performance you're only giving the Heat 1 win, at worst 2?! And I thought you were a Heat 'fan'...

I know what you mean tho Adam (regarding Heat 'fans' on other forums)
I can understand the dislike for a team because of its personnel.
But what I don't get is the people that spew hatred on a team because of its fan base.

And I've never understood this whole 'buying a championship' thing...
Every team has the right to spend the 'same' amount of money. Some teams just do it better than others

Personally, I dislike the Heat because of Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem, Mario Chalmers etc. I like Lebron (now) and always liked Bosh. I can't stand the little gerbil faced bug eye that is Eric Spoelstra though!

The hatred isn't towards the team, it is towards those fans. The ones that are nowhere to be found all season, but when 'their team' is in the playoffs, the come charging in with the trash talk!

As far as buying a championship.....

While every team has the 'right' to spend the same money, most don't have the ability. Only the big market teams/places can go over the salary cap. Like the Lakers, they pay well over the cap, cop the tax, then sell the rights to their TV games for 300 million a year. You can't tell me Charlotte, Cleveland or even the Spurs have that option?

Miami is up there too! Their big 3 took less than they would have hoped so they can team up to make a 'dynasty'. Regardless if there is more than 1 team out there doing it, it is still a case of buying the talent instead of producing it! ;)

I never thought our disagreements would take this turn.....

But you are DREAMING!! Heat in 6 unless the Spurs ALL get firing!

Wow. After today's performance you're only giving the Heat 1 win, at worst 2?! And I thought you were a Heat 'fan'...
Nope, not a Heat fan or die hard wannabe claiming 'my team', just a supporter..wouldn't make a difference to me if they never won a title again, just felt that the media was trying to potray them as villains and made such a huge deal about The Decision and people wanting them to fail when they got together, that I rooted for them to succeed instead. I'll call a spoon a spoon, no problems at all. And the Heat are just not playing with any sustained urgency or determination in the Indiana series. So the way I've seen them play at the moment and how the Spurs are playing, this one is in the bag for the Spurs. They are a superior team to Indiana for sure.

Nope, not a Heat fan or die hard wannabe claiming 'my team', just a supporter..wouldn't make a difference to me if they never won a title again, just felt that the media was trying to potray them as villains and made such a huge deal about The Decision and people wanting them to fail when they got together, that I rooted for them to succeed instead. I'll call a spoon a spoon, no problems at all. And the Heat are just not playing with any sustained urgency or determination in the Indiana series. So the way I've seen them play at the moment and how the Spurs are playing, this one is in the bag for the Spurs. They are a superior team to Indiana for sure.

Did you watch today's game??

Heat matched up terribly against Pacers. You wont see that against the Spurs.

Should be a cracking series. Heat in 6.

I never thought our disagreements would take this turn.....

But you are DREAMING!! Heat in 6 unless the Spurs ALL get firing!
Not that I want the Spurs to win, I'd much rather a Miami victory...but unless the Heat have been playing possum and have got a trump card up their sleeve, I certainly wouldn't think the Spurs would go in reverse gear. They know how hard it is to get out of the Western Conference and this may be the last chance Tim gets so it'll be full on throttle for them.

Back
Top Bottom