#1 Draft pick

hmm that could be pretty good, its not like the Spurs havent gambled on an Aussie in the past, only a couple of commonly known NBL names such as Gaze and Heal, champs in thier day, didn't do anything in the big league, but Jawai is a very different type of player.

Jeff Green will not be affected as he's a SF/PF isn't he?? A 6'3 Guard isn't going to take his place...

Still if bayless and Durant gets most of their touches, will Green still blossom into the scorer they want or will it just leave him to be a 13-8 player? I'd say get someone who will be a role player and a defensive gem and let Durant and Green go for the points

the bucks should do some trading for new scorers.. trade redd already. it's not working. Go Bucks@!

Still if bayless and Durant gets most of their touches, will Green still blossom into the scorer they want or will it just leave him to be a 13-8 player? I'd say get someone who will be a role player and a defensive gem and let Durant and Green go for the points

The sonics need a pass first pg. Green will develop into a 20-10 player and durant is already a natural scorer...

Does Durant dominate the ball? Takes alot of shots, but then there wasn't anyone else to take them and surely he'd have more assists if he had the ball so much...I think there is plenty of ball for Green to become a scorer, Bayless or not.

As for the Bucks, Redd needs to go simply cause he a black hole when the ball gets near him. He'll never give it off...

Looks like the Bucks will be looking at making a move or two...

Bucks check out their options
Posted by: gwoelfel on May 20, 2008 at 11:55PM EST
BY GERY WOELFEL

The NBA Draft Lottery is history and the selection order for the 2008 draft is set — for now.

Rest assured, there are going to be a slew of changes before the June 26th draft. Several teams have already been fervorishly working the phones, laying the groundwork for potential trades. One of those teams is the Milwaukee Bucks.

In the last week, several officials from both the Eastern and Western Conferences acknowledged the Bucks have been gauging the interest other teams may have in some of their players. The most notable one is All-Star shooting guard Michael Redd.

Redd is unquestionably the Bucks’ best player, the one who would bring back the most in a trade. However, while Redd is one of the most prolific scorers in the league, some teams are reluctant to take on his sizable contract. Redd will make $15.78 million and $17.04M over the next two years, respectively.

What’s more, Redd has a player option for $18.30M for the 2010-2011 season.

Besides Redd, Bucks forward Charlie Villanueva is drawing more than a passing interest from other teams. Several teams are intrigued with Villanueva’s potential, especially considering he is only 23.

In a recent interview with The Journal Times, Bucks general manager John Hammond said the one position he would like to "address’’ is small forward. Desmond Mason and Bobby Simmons are the Bucks’ current small forwards and both are coming off pedestrian seasons.

Hammond could find a potentially good forward in the draft with the team’s eighth overall pick. There is also increasing speculation small forward Ersan Ilyasova, whom the Bucks selected in the second round of the 2005 draft and who spent this season playing for FC Barcelona in Spain, will return to the Bucks next season.

Hammond could also acquire a veteran small forward via a trade. There are a surprising glut of talented small forwards who could be dealt, including Denver’s Carmelo Anthony, Miami’s Shawn Marion, the Clippers Corey Maggette, Sacramento’s Ron Artest, Washington’s Antawn Jamison and Chicago’s Andres Nocioni.

But back to the draft. Here’s how the lottery picks could shake out — for now:

1. Chicago — Derrick Rose, Memphis. point guard.

2. Miami — Michael Beasley, Kansas State. power forward.

3. Minnesota — Brook Lopez, Stanford. center.

4. Seattle — Jerryd Bayless, Arizona. guard.

5. Memphis — O.J. Mayo, Southern California. shooting guard.

6. New York — Eric Gordon, Indiana. shooting guard,

7. L.A. Clippers — Russell Westbrook, UCLA, combo guard.

8. Milwaukee — Anthony Randolph, Louisiana State. forward.

9. Charlotte — Kevin Love, UCLA. power forward.

10. New Jersey — Danilo Gallinari, Italy, small forward.

11. Indiana — D.J. Augustin, Texas, point guard.

12. Sacramento — Darrell Arthur, Kansas, power forward.

13. Portland — Donte Greene, Syracuse, small forward.

14. Golden State — Chase Budinger, Arizona, small forward.

Does Durant dominate the ball? Takes alot of shots, but then there wasn't anyone else to take them and surely he'd have more assists if he had the ball so much...I think there is plenty of ball for Green to become a scorer, Bayless or not.

As for the Bucks, Redd needs to go simply cause he a black hole when the ball gets near him. He'll never give it off...

hmm good point..

good for the bucks to accept change. hopefully cv stays though but with yi, they can afford to lose one of those two.. I hope they trade redd for one of the first 6 picks

hmm good point..

good for the bucks to accept change. hopefully cv stays though but with yi, they can afford to lose one of those two.. I hope they trade redd for one of the first 6 picks

Not sure how many teams are going to want his hefty contract..

A rumour I heard

The last one is a wild fantasy possibility, but is a possibility none the less. The rumour is, if Rose is taken at 1, the Heat may look to trade the pick as they aren't sold on Beasley, nor do they think he will fit into their system alongside Marion that well. Now, couple the want of the Heat for a point guard, and the Bulls fielding a lot of offers for Kirk Hinrich, it could be possible that the Bulls could offer the Heat Hinrich + someone like Gordon + someone like Gooden + a future first rounder for the second overall pick. Now I'm not an expert in capology, but the fact remains, Bulls have a small shot of having both the number 1 and 2 picks in this years draft. How scary.

dam i would of loved philly to pick up jarryd bayless i no it was never going to happen i just wanted to see another wildcats player represting the mighty PHILLY..
haha

why are the clips trying to get rid of brand? is it a trade or just not resigning him? free agent?

A rumour I heard

The last one is a wild fantasy possibility, but is a possibility none the less. The rumour is, if Rose is taken at 1, the Heat may look to trade the pick as they aren't sold on Beasley, nor do they think he will fit into their system alongside Marion that well. Now, couple the want of the Heat for a point guard, and the Bulls fielding a lot of offers for Kirk Hinrich, it could be possible that the Bulls could offer the Heat Hinrich + someone like Gordon + someone like Gooden + a future first rounder for the second overall pick. Now I'm not an expert in capology, but the fact remains, Bulls have a small shot of having both the number 1 and 2 picks in this years draft. How scary.

The Bulls would be prepared to give up Hinrich, Gordon AND Gooden + a pick for #2 Pick???

I thought they were settled on Gordon being their 2 Guard?

Gooden has been pretty good for them since the trade.

Perhaps they're rebuilding, yet again...???

Back
Top Bottom