#1 Draft pick

I have no idea what the bulls are going to do... the standouts are so similar to their nucleus of deng gordon and heinrich which obviously worked for them in the past.. I think they'd better go with mayo and trade the other guards for a big guy and get gordon to go from the bench. They'd have gordon heinrich mayo deng and thomas. pretty decent

When u look at the odd's and the actual draft order the only abnormallity is the Bulls up the top and the Sonics and Wolves are swapped around way around.

This brings up another question... what was the least odds a team has scored the 1st pick? i think Chicago would be the first team to take the 1st pick from that far down the odds?

Let miami have beasley! And trade haslem already. Go with wade, marion and beasley and some pretty quick guards in cook quinn and williams. That's the new phx suns right there.

When u look at the odd's and the actual draft order the only abnormallity is the Bulls up the top and the Sonics and Wolves are swapped around way around.

Thats probably because the lottery is really only the top three picks, picks 4-14 are the order of the remaining teams. So when they are counting down the order on TV from 14 downwards, and a team is missing in the order, you know automatically that that team made the top 3.

This brings up another question... what was the least odds a team has scored the 1st pick? i think Chicago would be the first team to take the 1st pick from that far down the odds?

Quite possibly. I havent researched that one. The sure did fluke it!

It was easier to find than I thought. Orlando Magic in 1993 won the lottery with a 1.5% chance. THey selected Chris Webber and swapped him for Penny and some draft picks.

It was easier to find than I thought. Orlando Magic in 1993 won the lottery with a 1.5% chance. THey selected Chris Webber and swapped him for Penny and some draft picks.

LOL ok well then Chicago isnt that big of a fluke, still not a common occurance, Thanks for the info.

I didnt know about the lottery really only being about the top 3, so if you dont get into the top 3, u get ur spot in order of where u finished. So a team finishing 10th last would know going in if they dont get top 3, they will be getting 10th or example, they'd never get 4th.... hmmm interesting

LOL ok well then Chicago isnt that big of a fluke, still not a common occurance, Thanks for the info.

No worries. I still think its a big fluke. Its jsut happened twice in the last 15 years.

I didnt know about the lottery really only being about the top 3, so if you dont get into the top 3, u get ur spot in order of where u finished. So a team finishing 10th last would know going in if they dont get top 3, they will be getting 10th or example, they'd never get 4th.... hmmm interesting

Kind of. Yeah a team with the 10th worse record will either get picks 1-3, or the 10th, 11th, 12th, or 13th. They could get 11/12/13 because three teams behind them might get into the top three, therefore dropping them back, although obviously thats very unlikely. :)

This link is to Draft Lottery info on NBA.com...should answer some questions!!

NBA.com: Year-by-Year Lottery Probabilities

This is huge for the BUlls.

From what I have seen of Rose he would be a great selection. The comparisons I have seen of him are Wade/Kidd.

My suggestion is trade Hinrich, Noah and Thomas for Amare Stoudemire. Gives them a huge inside, he can score and doesn't require many shots (15.3 last season @ 59%. legitimate defender inside 2.1blks per. and from the suns p.o.v it gives them some runners and shooters to run with Nash.

Duhon/Rose (Until Rose is ready to Start)
Gordon/Hughes/Sefolosha
Deng/Nocioni
Gooden/Nocioni/Amare
Amare/Gray

did the bulls really get first pick

No ... everyone is just talking sh*t ...

Does everyone really think that Chicago will give up that easily on Hinrich?? I'd be floored if they picked anyone other than Beasley. They really need some presence in the paint (and some insurance in case Tyrus doesn't develop well - he's certainly no sure thing). Talking about Hinrich ... pretty hard to function when there is no one to pass to, or draw the odd double team ...

Secondly, there is alot of talk at the moment about what a gap in talent all the scouts thought there was between Rose/Beasley prior to the NCAA finals where Rose had a blinder!

Either way, they seem to both win; I just think Beasley is a much better fit for Chicago.

The way I see it us fans want the best result; therefore Bulls should take Rose and leave Beasley for the Heat. If Bulls take Beasley that leaves the Heat with no choice but to take Rose (due to the Hype) and that is not a good result because both Flash and Rose work best with the ball in their hands...one will suffer; as will their career/potential.

P.S. Bias towards the Heat :D

P.S.S. Don't see a problem with tanking (yes i'm a Carlton supporter :lol:)

P.S.S.S. Will Eric Gordon be the steal of the draft (as it sounds like people are going a bit cold on the youngster)??

bayless is more like roy than monta ellis.. if he goes to seattle what will jeff green do?! This year's talent is too short so many guards when there is a lack of big guys in the paint right now.

The thing that I think the bulls will be wary about taking Beasley is thathe will not be an "instant" fix. Most can see that what the Bulls currently lack is an inside presence and as good as Beasley may be (or become) he may still take another 2-3 years to fully mature into a presence in the NBA.

That's why I think they will take rose and try to put a package together for a ready made inside player, not just a defender (see the Ben Wallace experiment) and put a strong inside player beside either Noah or Gooden depending on a package.

maybe we should package Gooden/Hinrich/Thomas for Andrew Bogut????

bayless is more like roy than monta ellis.. if he goes to seattle what will jeff green do?! This year's talent is too short so many guards when there is a lack of big guys in the paint right now.

Jeff Green will not be affected as he's a SF/PF isn't he?? A 6'3 Guard isn't going to take his place...

Back
Top Bottom