1/1's

Wow, have to admit was expecting this at all. Awesome collections. When I posted this, I was wondering if 1/1's really make it out there. Guess I know the answer now! lol Maybe its just the player I chose?? But more determined now to get one this year! Great pics love checkin them out, keep them coming.

Keep hunting, im sure you will get one...

Just checked beckett for Darrell Griffith cards, seems there is 228 different cards in the database of him so far, with only 25 of those being 1/1's ( 14 of those being auto versions)

Good luck in the hunt

here we go.. Ed Davis style...

B0760C0F-B29B-41B1-B8B4-C5A899ADBE0A_zpstchvpxf8.jpg
754A03E7-7366-4DB4-91FB-923F1D004326_zpstawtmq6n.jpg
8E4E01C9-DF4D-4FA2-9598-AD257AF39B69_zpsg6f4fdta.jpg
D3FC7A12-47CC-4F1E-B9A9-3980A686FBFB_zps9mckr5vs.jpg
976F5EB4-D89D-43F8-9D96-1C763AEA5DE8_zpshzglqymi.jpg
null_zps3038f461.jpg
null_zpsa652a4fb.jpg
null_zps8d97a444.jpg
null_zps6bfa813f.jpg
null_zps66120392.jpg
null_zps46b240b4.jpg
null_zpsb0c08835.jpg
null_zps6de035e5.jpg

last .. this makes a 1 of 1! I have 1/2 and 2/2 of this card (100%).

null_zps41c16412.jpg
null_zps9d7a3724.jpg

It can be a little ridiculous that every card has a 1/1 Parallel of it. I think Panini can be quite a big culprit of this.

Keep hunting, im sure you will get one...

Just checked beckett for Darrell Griffith cards, seems there is 228 different cards in the database of him so far, with only 25 of those being 1/1's ( 14 of those being auto versions)

Good luck in the hunt

Thanks! Beckett checklist is great, the only reason I know he has them out there. Panini seems to have fallen in love with him and in their releases so far this year he already has 3 1/1's so I guess that's a good thing?? With all the "group breaks" now, gotta increase my chances of seeing one.

It can be a little ridiculous that every card has a 1/1 Parallel of it. I think Panini can be quite a big culprit of this.

Trying to decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing, especially with PANINI. Gives me more chances to find a 1/1 but at least change it up a little!! 6" color changes" is kinda weak. Not to mention that with Griffith this years Totally Certified and Prizm are the EXACT same picture.

Trying to decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing, especially with PANINI. Gives me more chances to find a 1/1 but at least change it up a little!! 6" color changes" is kinda weak. Not to mention that with Griffith this years Totally Certified and Prizm are the EXACT same picture.

Topps finest started this colour variation thing off in the early 2000's, but kept it just for that set it seemed. Panini carried this in the Prizm set, which is quite nice.

They did it nicely with certified, but took it a little far with every single card having a colour variation including the auto inserts, and most had 1/1. But then thry went crazy with many of their sets with a colour variation and 1/1. Even into the Flawless and Immaculate.

Then there are multiple 1/1 of the exact same card, eg you get the black version 1/1, then you get the 4 different colour plates which are all 1/1. Thst is 5 1/1 of basically the 1 card.

Ersk

Then there are multiple 1/1 of the exact same card, eg you get the black version 1/1, then you get the 4 different colour plates which are all 1/1. Thst is 5 1/1 of basically the 1 card.
Ersk
Exactly the same as the Topps mini Murad release as well as a few others, got the 1/1 and two of the plates for that so far :p

Topps finest started this colour variation thing off in the early 2000's, but kept it just for that set it seemed. Panini carried this in the Prizm set, which is quite nice.

Ersk

I would not really say they started it then,
im thinking back to the 90,s with the
UD electric courts, and electric court golds,
then the players club and platinum variations.
so the concept of variations of all base cards has been around a while...

I would not really say they started it then,
im thinking back to the 90,s with the
UD electric courts, and electric court golds,
then the players club and platinum variations.
so the concept of variations of all base cards has been around a while...

Yes that is true, but that was a basic parallel or a main set. But the main set had lot of other inserts etc.
There were usually only maybe 1-3 parallels of the same base card.

But then Finest came out in the early 2000 with the different colour variations, up to about 8-10 parallels? Then soon after almost every single insert set needed to have their own parallel.

With Topps instead of a gold and platinum, they ended up with base (white), red, green, black, blue, (any more?) then refractors of each of those and x-fractors of each of those, and then superfractors of each of those. All the same card.

Yes, parallels have been there since the early 90's, but parallels really became too much in the 2000's.

They thought, well if they want one card, then they will want all 3 cards of the same player. There are the richer collectors who want only the ones numbered to 10, since the 5 year old will be getting the normal un-numbered base. You'll have those who want to collect the 'master set' and the 'rainbows'.

Ultimately when they are all only varied by a colour change or foil change, but the same card then it becomes a marketing ploy. It is a bit different lets say when you have those /100 was no jersey, /50 with jersey /10 with patch, /5 with auto and patch.

But this is getting off topic!

I do like my 1/1, but when there are so many out there, it can become a process of futility for a player collector.

Back
Top Bottom