Panini Blog â€œThe Admiral” Returns to Command a Retro Revolution in 2011-12 Hoops Basketball

Panini Blog

Panini Blog
Real Name
Panini
robinsonhoops7.jpg

There’s a retro revolution coming later this month with the heavily anticipated release of Panini America’s 2011-12 Hoops Basketball, and the man leading the charge is the same giant who ignited the original Hoops craze — and revitalized the entire modern basketball card market — way back in 1989-90: David Robinson.
The San Antonio Spurs’ legendary “Admiral” created industry-wide shock waves more than two decades ago with the release of his landmark 1989-90 Hoops Rookie Card. For the record, he created similar buzz inside Panini America HQ yesterday by returning several jaw-dropping autographed original BuyBacks from that history-making set that will be randomly inserted into 2011-12 Hoops when it releases February 29.
The arriving shipment was significant enough that Panini America NBA product developers Keith Hower and David Porter were compelled to call my cellphone to alert me even though we were all in the same building. But when they call, I come running — and, as always, I’m glad I did. What I saw (and what you’re about to see) were some of the sweetest inscriptions ever to grace an NBA card set.
Ten 1989-90 Hoops In Action subset cards, each bearing in silver paint pen Robinson’s distinctive signature and each inscribed with a different Bible verse. Clearly, the results speak for themselves. Take a look for yourself below and say tuned to The Knight’s Lance for additional updates on 2011-12 Hoops Basketball.

b.gif

Continue reading...

I dont get it!!! Peopl dont like cut off 'inserted' or sticker autos, this is on card!!
They dont like when you can't see an auto properly because of the background colour, so they used silver pen.

What is wrong with it??? what other colour would you use????

Love the admiral but that just looks plain s***!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so glad to hear you say that.... that means I will have less competition finding one :lol:

I'm interested to know why Panini chose the In Action card and not his "true" RC from the same Hoops release ...

$(KGrHqF,!n8E8VcRJEMkBPMTpurwz!~~60_12.JPG

It does say that it's an 1989-90 Hoops In Action subset cards but still ... if you went to the trouble to get these signed, did they get some of the true RC signed as well ?

I've emailed Panini to see if I can get an answer ... :)

I'm interested to know why Panini chose the In Action card and not his "true" RC from the same Hoops release ...

$(KGrHqF,!n8E8VcRJEMkBPMTpurwz!~~60_12.JPG

It does say that it's an 1989-90 Hoops In Action subset cards but still ... if you went to the trouble to get these signed, did they get some of the true RC signed as well ?

I've emailed Panini to see if I can get an answer ... :)

Yeah, I wondered that too. Would love to know why????

They probably didn't want to pay much for them!!! :lol:

Back
Top Bottom