1986 fleer Michael Jordan rookie

owen21

Panthers 1991
Real Name
owen
eBay User
roy2053
I am looking to buy a 1986 fleer Michael Jordan rookie.

I rarely collect NBA but have collected cards my whole life...including some NBA around shaqs rookie year...

looking for any advice re what to look for and what price I should be paying per grade...

Thanks Owen

What to look for

1. Graded ROOKIE ONLY. anything else is most likely a fake.

BGS is the one to have if you got big money. Then probably PSA.

BGS 9.5 = lots of money around $4K (last I checked). The sub grades will cause the price to vary. if it has a couple 10s in there than it could be more.

PSA 9 = Roughly $1500 (last I checked)

BCCG is for slightly more affordable price.

There is one of OZCT atm:

http://www.ozcardtrader.com.au/comm...cg-9-93-94-ud-s1-hobby-boxes-for-sale.136108/

Might do that...will post what I am looking at....not chasing a high end one...maybe a psa 6 or 7....

Thanks mate....no chance they will grade a reprint ect.?...

I appreciate your help

Sorry the whole idea of authentic means not a reprint....

Can't really tell by photos the condition....

Got one for sale if your interested (AU$700 delivered via registered post):
IMG_0001-8.jpg

some people hate grades.

Also sometimes if the card is going to get a low score like a 7.

Sent a message to the seller

His response

As stated in the item description the card to the eye appears to be in very good condition. To get cards graded you could send to Beckett in my opinion. If you are happy to give me your email address i could send a closer up image of card for you. Regards, Anthony. (i would send photo as an attachment that you could open).

My worry is the very good wording....to most people very good is a great grade...but to card collectors very good is actually a poor grade....

Well like anything, graded cards could be fakes I guess depending on if someone got bribed enough lol. But the chance of that is less than 1%.

Essentially it is your best chance of getting an authentic product.

Hence why I listed BGS, PSA, BCCG as your best options as they are the most widely accepted by people.

Thanks mate....I understand what you were saying....obviously the big grading companies are my best bet...

I was just referring to the sellers message that the condition is 'very good'....in normal terms this is good but to a card collector 'very good' is not really a good grade....

Thanks for the advice....

well everything is subjective. Only way you will know is if he send you higher res scans and you look at it yourself and decide if you like it or not.

And if you decide it is not good enough then your only alternative may be to bite the bullet and save a bit longer and pay $650-$800 for one which is better.

Back
Top Bottom